[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

Velmont

First Post
This is the first time Calisto was in a fight. She never fought before, she never really had real good training either, so with the sudden appearance and confusion in front of her, she froze in place. But she also felt her defense lowering down, leaving a bit more freedom to the Oni that was inahbiting within her.

Let me handle that, little girl. she heard in her mind. Suddenly, her eyes become burning red as the Oni start to posses her. Calisto walks toward the stairs and spot the Chilborn zombie Moroko. She sends a psychic blast of despair against the zombie.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Start: Takes 5 ongoing poison damages => 13/26, Bloodied
Minor: Diabolic Transformation (Gain Regen 2, +2 dam, Resist 10 fire and +2 att vs bloodied foes instead of +1)
Move: Walk to G-9
Standard: Area Blast 1 centered on D-5 Dishearten vs Will on cz325 (1d20+4=17, 1d6+6=10) That should hit for 10 damage and -2 att UEoNT.
End: Save (1d20=1)Miss [/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=WD]
Sorry for the confusing. No the white line is just the border of the map I stole from Dragon before adding in the walkway you're on. You can move down the stairs or jump down, but it's a bit of a difficult check [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-'AHA! Is how they make a cold one. They be using evil zombie. Of course!''

Ghorgor is so enthused by his deduction that his concentration on combat wavers and his first attack is a little clumsy.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Stone's Endurace (Resist 5 to all damage)
Move: F6
Standard: Bull's strenght
vs AC (1d20+7=16, 1d10+5=6)

Not a glorious start to Ghorgor's career...
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Marko, spirits lifted by Nejis, still grimaces as the cold bites him. With a loud yell, he cuts wildly with his axe. It digs into dead skin, weakening the blow, but half-orc sounds reinvigorated by the frozen gore, some of it even insulating the big man.[sblock=OOC]Heal 9 by Nejis; take 10 from aura and ongoing. Recuperating Strike with +1 from Nejis: AC 23, 6hp and +2 THP if hit. Saves.

8/29 - immobilized TENT, bloodied 9/10 HS[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
His legs betraying him, Fissure takes a centering breath to regain his strength. The goliath takes a defensive posture while his limbs unfreeze.

Nejs moves to help his new allies. New aura and confidence blooms in Morko.

This is the first time Calisto was in a fight. She never fought before, she never really had real good training either, so with the sudden appearance and confusion in front of her, she froze in place. But she also felt her defense lowering down, leaving a bit more freedom to the Oni that was inahbiting within her.

Let me handle that, little girl. she heard in her mind. Suddenly, her eyes become burning red as the Oni start to posses her. Calisto walks toward the stairs and spot the Chillborn zombie Moroko. She sends a psychic blast of despair against the zombie.

-'AHA! Is how they make a cold one. They be using evil zombie. Of course!''

Ghorgor is so enthused by his deduction that his concentration on combat wavers and his first attack is a little clumsy.

Marko, spirits lifted by Nejis, still grimaces as the cold bites him. With a loud yell, he cuts wildly with his axe. It digs into dead skin, weakening the blow, but half-orc sounds reinvigorated by the frozen gore, some of it even insulating the big man.

The skeletal archers continue to try and pepper Ghorgor, but the warriors tough skin blocks the only arrow that penetrates his armor.

The zombie tries to slam Ghorgor, but he slips on some ice that has accumulated under his feet and nearly falls.

The other enemy moves around the vat and moves quickly towards Fissure, but the goliath just parries the blow with his tree.

The small dragons continue their assault on Calisto, however both are thrown off by her new appearance and their bites miss.

The wand man takes to the sky, hovering above the vat as he blasts Ghorgor, but the goliath is stronger, however Morko is not and the half-orc is nearly felled by a black ray of necrotic energy.

[sblock=Enemies Unlocked Info]
If you start within 2 of the zombies you take 5 cold damage

Chillborn Zombies: Will is less than 17, AC is less than 23, but higher than 16
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
archers continue to attack Ghorgor - vs ac (1d20+6=19, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=24) 1 more hit, but 0 damage (all resisted)

Chillborn 325 - attacks Ghorgor - vs ac; cold (1d20+9=10, 1d6+4=7) forgot the -2 but it doesn't matter, crit fail
Chillborn 714 - moves and charges Fissure - vs ac; cold (1d20+9=16, 1d6+4=5) miss due to Second Wind bonus.

Pseudo 44 - flyby attack on Callisto - vs ac; dmg (1d20+8=10, 1d8+4=7) miss
Pseudo 410 - same attack - vs ac; dmg (1d20+8=12, 1d8+4=7) uh.... you guys are certainly lucky this round.

Wand Man - minor to immobilize Fissure - vs will (1d20+5=10) miss - takes to the sky, flying 15' up and above the vat - fires black beam at Ghorgor - vs fort (1d20+10=14) miss and one at Morko - vs fort (1d20+10=29) hits necrotic (1d8+4=8) and weakened (save ends)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Ghorgor - 30/35 - Resist 5 to all damage
Callisto - 18/26 - ongoing 5 poison (save ends), Regen 2, +2 dam, Resist 10 fire and +2 att vs bloodied foes instead of +1
Morko - 7/29 - bloodied, weakened (save ends)
Fissure - 20/25 -
Chillborn 325 - 38/54 hp - -2 att UEoNT
Wand - 92/102 - hovering 15' up
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
*Feel free to go bonkers with Morko, all his powers are unlocked. I think you'll need them. Also, when he's first bloodied he gains 5 thp so I added 5 hp back to his total in summary

*Note I screwed up the archers damage and it was only 6 to Ghorgor last turn - I've added the 2hp into the status block.

The platform is 20' up, the stairs are Difficult terrain.

Initiative:
Bad Guy
Everyone else - feel free to post in any order, we'll adjudicate as posted. (Mal's rules).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC to my comrades]Typical Chillborn Zombie are level 6. Even if Renau tweaked them a bit downward, they'd still be level 4 at best and their automatic 5 damage is murder.

So what I am trying to say is... I am going to use my daily.

And what I am hinting at is... can anyone help me get a bonus to hit before I unload my big gun?

Can morko help me flank with pressing attack? Nej, any way to grant a bonus to hit? Callisto, can you daze my zombie? etc.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Fissure not Immobilized]Unless something happened, that immobilization was last turn, not this turn.[/sblock]Morko grunts as another wave of cold tears at his wounds, most of them openly weeping chilled blood. A snarl overcomes his face and with a mighty bellow, he furiously chops again and again at the dead body, not even pausing for breath. Gore and ichor fly about him. Finally noticing Ghorgor, the half-orc tries to move into a superior position.

Seeing the new foe before him, Fissure does not miss a bit and rolls his tree trunk over his shoulder to build up momentum before twirling it at the zombie. He then leaps backwards, using his massive club as leverage, to land on the table behind him, cracking it only slightly. Upon landing, he takes a centering breath and seems more solid somehow.[sblock=Actions]Morko Rages: AC 19 and 15hp if hit (using Furious Assault). Spend AP to Miss with Recuperating Strike. Move to get onto the table for flanking (shift if possible, suck down the OA if not). Save vs Weakened.

Fissure uses Crane's Wings vs zombie: Ref 18, 19hp. Then shift two squares to -C-3.[/sblock][sblock=Morko]2/29 - bloodied, weakened (save ends). Activate Stone's Endurance.[/sblock][sblock=Fissure (Stone's Endurance)]Fissure—Male Goliath Stone Fist Monk
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 — Speed: 6
HP: 15/25, Bloodied: 12, Surge: 6, Surges left: 7/8
Resist 5 All
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Awakening the Slumbering Hurt
Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Stone's Endurance

Fissure - L4W:pC:Fissure (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm alone in my corner against two enemy that can hit me 3 times out of 4 attack, with ongoing damage, I won't last long either. I'm giving all I got this round and I hope it will work.

Also, shouldn't I be at 13/26 as I had ongoing damage last round?[/SBLOCK]

Calisto disengage to get out of reach of the dragons and try to attack the zombie, but seems unable to hit it. You are too stress, girl, let me show you. She then send a powerful wave of psychic energy mixed with the dark force of teh Oni and solidely hit the flying man.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Start: Ongoing damage 5 and regen 2 => 15/26 or 10/26

Move: Shift to H-10
Standard: Mind Thrust (Augment 2) vs Will on CZ325 (1d20+4=5, 2d10+6=13) Natural 1... crap!

Minor: Distract on Man with Wand

Action point: Ravening Thougt with Black Wrath of Hell vs Will on Man with Wand (1d20+6=23, 2d6+1d10+6=20) Hit (I hope) for 18 damage, 5 psychic ongoing damage (save ends) and also get -4 to hit (save ends)

I have given all I got.

End:Save (1d20=14)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

Nejs moves back to Callisto, sensing something changing in her. His spear attack targets the pseudodragon, but on a hit, Morko will also feel it's energy.

[sblock=ooc]
Aura 5: +3 damage on opportunity attacks, +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.

---
Move: -6 I
Standard: Augment 2 Energizing Strike (1d20+6=18, 2d10+4=16) against -8 I

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Nejs Ragan
Perception: 11 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 15
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Demoralizing Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter Powers: Power Points: 0/2, Ardent Surge 1/2, Ardent Outrage, Virtuous Strike
Daily Powers: Implanted Suggestion

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads