[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

industrygothica

Adventurer
While the others load the raft, Willow begins casting. She removes a handful of strange herbs from her pouch and waves them in the air in an intricate pattern as she begins a soft chant. She removes a pinch of the herbs from one hand with the other and it disintegrates into a small flame and a cloud of smoke that smells of incense. When she reaches the last of the herbs her chanting reaches a crescendo, and her eyes focus on the gnoll. From behind the final puff of smoke Willow whispers, "It is finished. Go quickly."

renau1g

First Post
The group hops on the raft as the water quickly sweeps them down the tunnel, it is hectic and bumpy as you fly down the passageway.

Stalactites hang from the roof at various places and it will be difficult to maneuver around them....

[sblock=ooc]
Skill Challenge time folks.

Round 1:
0 successes, 0 failures

You all need to post a DC 10 Endurance check in addition to your skill roll each "round". Failure indicates that the battering of the raft leaves you somewhat disoriented and you suffer a cumulative -2 penalty on rolls. A DC 15 Heal check (full round action) negates this penalty for a PC.

Edit: I forgot to add, only 1 person can aid another on any skill roll. With Velmont being on vacation this week, I'll roll for him at end of round, unless someone wants an aid anotehr from his PC before they go, just let me know.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fracture may be buffeted by the waves, but the goliath does not appear to notice. Instead, every time they get close to an obstacle, he grunts a warning. Mostly in time.
OOC: Auto pass the Endurance. Perception 13 to help see a clear path.

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
With everyone onboard, Eryto whips out his chain and tears the bridge from its bindings. He then pushes with all his strength, choking at the effort required. "Accursed stone-men - mere bone and muscle ought not to weigh this much!" Regardless of his complaining, the raft begins to slide forward on the water, with the gnoll attempting to keep an eye on its path as it goes.

OOC: Athletics: 1d20+9=28; Endurance: 1d20+7=10
Phew, that was close. If I can, I'd like to try and assist Fracture's Perception: 1d20+8=21 is a success.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ronen, Deva Wizard 3

Ronen clings stoically to the raft and helps Fracture discerning obstacles early enough.

[sblock=ooc]

I assume a 15 is enough to succeed. If not, please count the Perception roll as a separate check.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ronen
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 16 (all +1 vs bloodied creatures)
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 32 / 32 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 6, Necrotic 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 3 / 8
Cantrips: Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Light, Prestidigitation
At-Will Powers: Thunderwave, Winged Horde
Encounter Powers: Memory of a Thousand Life Times, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Orb of Imposition, Orb of Nimble Thoughts
Daily Powers: Sleep

Condition:

Used Items: 1 Healing Potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ghorgor steers as best he can, working in coordination with Eryto.

-''Weeeeeee! Ghorgor thinks this could be sport. People pay good gold for this much fun.''

Athletic (1d20+11=17)

OOC: I wouldn't mind the bonus from Fracture's perception aid check.

Shield is strapped to back so I only factor the penalty from the full plate.

Auto success on endurance roll (+10, including armor penalty)

renau1g

First Post
The waterway rushes forward, Ghorgor and Eryto using their formidible strength to guide the raft down the water. Suddenly, a stalagmite, barely visible in the water appears in front of you. With Ronen's light, Fracture lets out a moan of warning and the team steering quickly diverts the raft out of harms way. Unfortunately, the hard turn sends Willow crashing into a hanging stalactite, slamming her head into the stone.

Luckily, Leonard is there to apply some first aid to the wound and keep the disoriented druid upright.

Suddenly, the raft begins shaking violently as it plunges through a torrent of foaming white water.

[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] - Ghorgor needs to make a DC 21 Athletics check in addition to his normal actions.
[MENTION=90657]Karmic_vegeance[/MENTION] - Eryto can provide some aid to the check, DC 21 athletics if you wish, +2 if successful to Ghorgor's check but failure gives -1 penalty.

Skill Challenge time folks.
Wow, good rolls for Leonard
endurance (1d20+5=22)heal (1d20+8=21) Leonard heals the penalty on willow from the failed endurance

Round 1:
3 successes, 0 failures

Willow: -2 to skill checks

You all need to post a DC 10 Endurance check in addition to your skill roll each "round". Failure indicates that the battering of the raft leaves you somewhat disoriented and you suffer a cumulative -2 penalty on rolls. A DC 15 Heal check (full round action) negates this penalty for a PC.

Edit: I forgot to add, only 1 person can aid another on any skill roll. With Velmont being on vacation this week, I'll roll for him at end of round, unless someone wants an aid anotehr from his PC before they go, just let me know.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ronen, Deva Wizard 3

Ronen keeps his post on the front of the makeshift raft, the excitement doubling his endurance as he continues his watch for obstacles.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ronen
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 16 (all +1 vs bloodied creatures)
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 32 / 32 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 6, Necrotic 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 3 / 8
Cantrips: Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Light, Prestidigitation
At-Will Powers: Thunderwave, Winged Horde
Encounter Powers: Memory of a Thousand Life Times, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Orb of Imposition, Orb of Nimble Thoughts
Daily Powers: Sleep

Condition:

Used Items: 1 Healing Potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads