• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Eternal54

First Post
"Abigail!" Eraden yells as he runs over to the pit of fish, Speaker jumping over him in an attempt to dive in to the waterless pond. Grabing his shield with both hands he begins to shovel out fish from the area right above the door, tossing the cod behind him as he went.

[sblock=OOC]ROFL! What is the plan now? I suppose we could try and dig her out? Use my shield as a shovel? Any ideas?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

taran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]ROFL! What is the plan now? I suppose we could try and dig her out? Use my shield as a shovel? Any ideas?
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]My hope is that whatever space Abigail's been swept into hasn't just been filled with fish. Then we can move forward toward the sea monster, and not worry about fishquakes until we're ready to head up and out. If this is a dead end we could have a real problem, but I doubt it - my guess is that this is the fish cult's secret entrance, and that it's only visible now because they've just taken their sacrifice inside.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante climbs atop the box closest to him (I25) and looks to see if he can see any movement in the fish (little movement like a person movement or bigger movement like a sea monster moving).

[sblock=Perception Check]1d20 + 7 = 17[/sblock]

Virgil continues to munch on fish, belching smoke now and then after he finishes eating a particularly large one and watching the fish-slide with casual disinterest.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=GM]
Ha ha! Awesome!

Athletics Check to avoid Fish! (1d20+8=27)

Abigail easily avoids the worst of the battery, although that doesn't stop her from letting out a muffled shout as she is covered with fish. Upon finding herself on her back in this darkened room, she rolls to her feet, and quickly starts flinging fish away. "Gah! GROSS!" she curses, picking a pike out of her hair.

A moment or two later, Azuras emerges from the pile of fish, happily chewing on a trout. "Thanks for your concern," Abigail says, wryly. "Now get off your draconic butt and go let our friends know I'm okay."

[sblock=ooc]Can I send Azuras through that wall of fish - I imagine he can squeeze his way through and make it to the surface, and then kind of lassie-together a means of communication or something?[/sblock]

Abigail will cautiously peer down the open doorway, provided there is a steady means of light. If not, she'll turn on a sunrod first, and then peek down the hallway, with her sword ready. [/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair observes the fishy avalanche with more curiosity than concern.

"I don't imagine I'll see the likes of that again," he quips.

[sblock=ooc]Heh, I'm kinda stumped as to what we can do to help Abby. Alastair will be of little help digging...[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Dante, from his perch on the crate, notices that the mass of fish is not stable. Talks-to-the-Moon and Eraden notice this too as it shifts beneath their feet and they begin to sink down into the fish.

[sblock=ooc]Athletics rolls for Eraden & Speaker, please[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
As Eraden and Speaker sink into the fish, Alastair rolls his eyes and produces a length of rope from his pack. He tosses one end to Eraden, and the other to Dante.

"Maybe you can convince your scaly friend to help."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante catches the rope and stares at it for several seconds.

"What is this word 'friend'?" He looks at the fish. "It seems the litel'gerls have eaten the Abigail and have hunger for more."

He then proceeds to tie his end of the rope around the crate he's perched on.

Virgil slurps down another fish, coughs smoke, rolls onto his side and seems to fall asleep.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads