• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A hunting trip

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Remember that it is raining. It will take quite a lot of dry wood to get a fire going in the rain, and even then the body will most likely not burn completely, though it will create a really smelly stench of half-burned Ormfene-Ogre :D

IC:The Wolf picks up the scent of the thing, once he clears the last bit of the Ormfene's blood from his mouth, whining as he does so, not liking the taste at all. Those who follow the Wolf up and around the bluff <Aranel leading the way, picking a path for those who can't see all that well> come back to the top of the little cliff, where the thing's body can be seen below, twisted and broken.
Whitefang quickly picks up a trail and sets off, with Remi finding signs of the thing's passing as well, pointing these out to whoever is paying attention, teaching them the tell-tale signs of Tracking.
Perhaps a half-mile further into the Wood, the wolf stops and snarls at a dark opening in the side of a small hill. What appears to be a cave lies under an overhanging canopy of roots and lichen that the Ormfene has used to disguise it...

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
If there is not sufficient oil to have a good shot at burning the beast, they will cover it with a small pile of rocks and perhaps pour the oil over it to deter scavengers from chewing on it till they can do a better job... Remi and Katherine will then catch up with the others (unless remi has other plans).

Hopefully the others will wait for them to catch up before entering the cave.

Pyrex

First Post
"I don't have any oil; we'll have to leave it for now and get some from the farmhouse later. Anyway, we should hurry, the farmers wife and son may yet be alive."

Once Kat's Light spell fades, Remi will activate the sunrod he readied earlier figuring even Kat & Aranel will need the light to see into the cave.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel stopped at the cave and proceeded to make a fuss of Whitefang. "It is too dark even for myself to see clearly within..." She warned. Taking a moment she sat down and petted the Wolf properly. "Hmm...You need a bath." She told the creature.
Thinking of that...she'd quite like one too...
"Is anyone else a little bothered by how easily the creature was finished off?" She asked after a moment. "I suspected a bigger fight..."

Pyrex

First Post
Aranel said:
"Is anyone else a little bothered by how easily the creature was finished off?" She asked after a moment. "I suspected a bigger fight..."

"Now that you mention it, yeah. Kat said the beast just got bigger & stronger recently, but Bron said he's been tracking the thing for a month now."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Katherine paused at the outside of the cave listening carefully, and observing whitefang to see if he seemed angered by anything inside...

"I suppose there could be several 'orfemes' with a common source of enchantment, or curse passed from one to the other," She wispered. "Thats why I wanted to examine the beast and its belongings... but thats a problem for tommorrow. Arenel, could it have rigged another deadfall here?"

Telerin was holding Whitefang just slightly to make sure the wolf didn't go inside yet. He spoke quietly, "It does seem like it was too easy...it is possible that there are more here. Or perhaps that one is not as dead as we assume..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:In case there is something else dangerous, are you folks using the healing potions that Bron Bekkle gave you? I have Remi,Telerin and Katherine at -5HP.
I'd just like to clear that up first.We can assume that they were used on the walk to the cave.

IC: The Wolf is growling at the cave opening, having hunkered downto the ground and arched his back.Telerin senses that he is scared, though he is putting up a fierce show.

Aranel and Katherine hear something moving past the opening, and their Low Light Vision can make out that the cave goes back a bit, if not showing them details past the scrub and vines.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: At the very least we should give one to Katherine, and given that any fighting that may occur in the cave will be melee, Remi & Telerin should probably take a dose each as well.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Aranel and Katherine hear something moving past the opening, and their Low Light Vision can make out that the cave goes back a bit, if not showing them details past the scrub and vines.

"I'm out of tricks, folks." Katherine says softly as she readies her crossbow and stands to the side of the cave mouth. She looks significantly at telerin and adds, "I hope you have some left." Then she wispers to remi "the sunrod right in the center when everyone's ready I would think... I can toss it if you want to be ready to shoot..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads