• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A hunting trip

Pyrex

First Post
Remi nods in agreement & hands the sunrod to Kat, then draws his sword and grips it in both hands.

OOC: Anyone have an issue with the three of us who are wounded having drunk the CLW potions on the way to the cave?

Aranel

First Post
Why couldn't things ever be as easy as they seemed? Aranel grumbled to herself as she got up dusted herself off and edged towards the cave entrance with great care, searching for any tell-tale signs of traps.
After all...that creature had seemed horribly stupid to her, the traps shouldn't be too hard to find...should they?

((trapfinding searchy thing...and..um...no wait that was it))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Kahuna, did you want to drink a potion? You are at 2 HP...

IC:Aranel moves cautiously forward, scanning for any traps at the cave's entrance. Nothing seems out of place at first, then the Elf sees a rope-vine, cleverly hidden under other vines and roots. This thing seemed much smarter than it looked. Following the vine, Aranel sees that it is attached to a sort of lever holding up a small avalance of stones above, Tripping it would bring a nasty sprise for the unwary. Disabling it might prove difficult, but pointing it out to the others is a simple thing.

Telerin looked in carefully, speaking to Katherine, "I have a few tricks of my own...not many...but I will do what I can," he turned to Aranel, "Do you see anything?"

((OOC: Got no problem in having used those potions.))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:You have 3 as a group, although Telerin is listed as having Cure Light Wounds memorized as well. The poton will bring you to full HP.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
OoC:You have 3 as a group, although Telerin is listed as having Cure Light Wounds memorized as well. The poton will bring you to full HP.

OOC: ok, everyone swigs a potion, aranel scouts the traps then pulls back so we can toss the sunrod and charge... nobody shoot the civilians, huh? ;)

Aranel

First Post
OOC: sounds like a plan to me ^^

IC: "Yes, there is a trap set to drop a lqarge amount of stone upong the unaware..." she told them. "See there? That vine must at all costs be avoided. Unless we plan to use it to our own advantage..." She moved back feeling she had sort of made up for her mistake earlier that had hurt the others.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Everybody at full HP, gotcha.

IC: Aranel points the trap out to the Companions, then pulls back the overhanging scrub and Remi (or whever) tosses the Sunrod inside.
The interior of the cave opens onto a dirty tunnel sloping down and away into the earth, perhaps 6 feet wide and 8 feet tall. the Ormfene would either have to
stoop greatly or move on all fours/hands&knees to get in and out.
There is no sign of either any Foe or of farmer Krimp's missing family members...

Aranel

First Post
Grumbling Aranel peered inside and then stepped over the vine carefully, it would go a long way back. Figuring she should be the first to go in, to search for more traps, she headed slowly towards the rod, though waited for the others. Unwilling to carry it. She wanted her hands free...
Glancing back to the others she attempted a smile and beckoned them in. "Welcome to my lair, said the dragon to the man..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads