(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bah Humbug!

Holiday obligations plus post wedding stuff has me swamped, things are gonna be on hold until the weekend at least. If a judge is bored enough to adjucate the fight, you are facing two 2nd level warriors (human) and a 1st level half elf ranger.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, I live again... considering both ladies to have readied actions as needed...

The man on foot considers a bare moment before drawing a short sword and lunging at Zoe. Her prepared blow downs him before he can complete the motion. Persephone's bolt missed the now awakened horseman who fires a crossbow at Zoe, missing as well.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Give up, you moron, you're hopelessly outclassed! We've already overcome the Princess' bodyguards and more of us are coming!" Persephone will reload & continue to fire at him as long as he isn't engaged w/Zoe.

OOC: Bluff+6? or would this be intimidate?
OOC2: Isn't you mom supposed to be planning all the wedding stuff?

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Zoe will hold back, waiting for his reaction to Persephone's words. If he fires again, or tries another offensive move, she will move up to him and attack.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Give up, you moron, you're hopelessly outclassed! We've already overcome the Princess' bodyguards and more of us are coming!" Persephone will reload & continue to fire at him as long as he isn't engaged w/Zoe.

OOC: Bluff+6? or would this be intimidate?
OOC2: Isn't you mom supposed to be planning all the wedding stuff?

OOC: yeah, you folks need to get some intimidate ranks going on... Mom came up two days before the wedding and sewed my dress for me in record time, her work is done...

The remaining horseman sees Rinaldo crash out of the underbrush to join the small group and lowers his crossbow (but does not drop it). "We had a perfectly good ambush set up just outside of the pass, you know! Where did you punks even come from?" He looks flustered then says "Look, if you're just in this for the money, we'll pay you a reasonable sum, and you won't go to prison, huh? This girl is vital to our cause!"

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Negotiations will start when your weapon goes down & you get off your horse. We're reasonable people; surrender & we'll talk."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Negotiations will start when your weapon goes down & you get off your horse. We're reasonable people; surrender & we'll talk."

After a moment of unease, the man carefully lowers his crossbow to the ground then dismounts on the opposite side of his horse. He tells the animal to stay and says, "I just want to check my friend," and kneels over the body of the man who was on foot, carefully avoiding any impression that he is reaching for the man's weapons. Satisfied that both of his companions live, he says to the group as a whole, "My organization has plenty of money, we need the girl for a less negotiable ransom. If you come along with us we can keep you all safe from the king's men and pay you finely for your trouble. Surely its better than dodging soldiers and trying to negotiate a ransom yourself?"
Persephone:
you have a flash of insight that he is being less than honest in some part of his offer, but you don't think he is flat out lying. Perheps the money available is less than he implies or the "organization" little more than what stands before you, its hard to say.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"OK. That's an interesting offer. Give us a moment to consider."

Once the threesome has gathered close enough to talk in low voices, Persephone says. "I don't trust him, and in any case, we clearly can't do what he proposes. Yet what are we to do? If we flee he can track us. Did you have any success in the Inn, Rinaldo?"

Velmont

First Post
"I have been spotted. If we stay, we will be taken. The odds seems more in our favor out of the Inn, but for them, it is just too suspect for me."

Remove ads