(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Velmont

First Post
While Rinaldo unpack some dried ration for the breakfast.

"I am not against, but we have only a single problem. Anyone here know his way in wilderness. Having to wander two weeks in a forest will be hard if no one have an idea how to fetch food and protect us from any bad weather we can meet."

OOC: As I just reach the 3000 xp, do we raise here in level or we wait until the end of the adventure.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Velmont said:
While Rinaldo unpack some dried ration for the breakfast.

"I am not against, but we have only a single problem. Anyone here know his way in wilderness. Having to wander two weeks in a forest will be hard if no one have an idea how to fetch food and protect us from any bad weather we can meet."

OOC: As I just reach the 3000 xp, do we raise here in level or we wait until the end of the adventure.

oops, leveling in the past night, I didn't know you were going to.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"We don't have to go far in the wilderness. What's our other option? Head off on the road? Perhaps we just move a few miles out, camp, and return the next day. It just seems like we havent' had much luck in towns or on the roads."

Velmont

First Post
Manzanita said:
"We don't have to go far in the wilderness. What's our other option? Head off on the road? Perhaps we just move a few miles out, camp, and return the next day. It just seems like we havent' had much luck in towns or on the roads."

"Well, I see two option that could work, or we try to hide as far from sight as possible, hoping they don't sent all there best tracker, or we can always stay just under there nose and hope they will be too blinds, but for the last option, we will need to change a bit our appearance. Finally, we can always try to have the protection fo someone, but that someone may not be of total trust, and will surely not be free of charge."

Rinaldo fell silent and seems to think a lot.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Well, since we don't really have a way to change our appearance, or of gaining anyone's protection, I say we keep moving. Even if we do get lost, I suspect someone will find us."

OOC: Do we have any sense of the terrain. Any natural points of reference we could use to tell direction. Persephone would ideally like to cut through the wild for a bit then get to a road or town.

Velmont

First Post
"Well, as far as it is, it is a good as any other option. I fit better in the middle of a city, but as you say, I don't usually change appearance. I just hope we will not fall on unexpected and unwanted things."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

OOC: I was waiting on an answer to my OOC questions before posting again, but let's keep it moving. If there is some feature that would allow the wilderness-challenged PCs to find their way back to the road, then they'll do that. Otherwise Persephone will suggest simply travelling parallel to the road for awhile, out of sight & hopefull hearing, but close enough to return.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sorry, for those who don't also read randomling's house, I've come down with a bad case of the pregnants. :cool: the main effects at the moment seem to be morning noon and night sickness and incredible lethargy... and an inability to take the most effective medicines when I get headaches. :( but I return to move the plot.

The feilds are laid out in a fairly orderly fashion, and the mountain range can still be clearly seen to mark south, so it is not difficult to move off the main road and not lose your way. The going is not as fast obviously, but you avoid trouble for two days in this fashion. [assumption ahead, correct if neccassary] When Rinaldo sneaks back to the road on occasion, he sees a greatly increased traffic and hears wild and contridictory rumours about the whereabouts of the people's beloved princess.

On the night of the second day after the kidnapping, the small group is again sheltering for the night in a small farm outbuilding. As Persephone whiles away her watch with a comprehensive list of the ways she would feel better with a bath, she is shocked as the dor flies open. rather than admiting armed men, however, a small figure runs in and closes the door as quickly as it opened. Seph gets the impression of a small figure, a halfling or a human child perhaps, and a dirty tear stained face which turns white with fright upon seeing her. the figure turns back to the door, then stops frozen in fear and indecisions, before collapsing to the ground crying. "Please don't hurt me, please don't...." The pathetic quaking figure, the sorceress is now sure, is a human child, but its gender and exact age are indistinguishabe under the torn rags, mud and what may be blood....

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Oh!" Persephone drops her crossbow, and runs over to the child. "Don't worry, little one. We'll take care of you!" She kneels before her/him, casting a light spell if necessary for better vision.

OOC: Good luck with the preggers thing. My wife is now the full 9 months & will give birth any day now. Our third child and last. I'll be happy to put the whole pregnancy thing behind us.

Remove ads