(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Velmont

First Post
"What are you doing here kid?" say Rinaldo, his hand still on the guard of his rapier.

OOC: Rinaldo will try to see if the young boy tell the truth.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Zoe puses to place her cloak over the princess's clothes, hiding what finery isn't fully bedraggled yet, and aproaches to see as well. The boy seems frightened by Phersephone's light, but seeing you all as human he relaxes somewhat. "It, it was a monster. Da heard something nosing around the chicken shed and he went out to drive it off, but then we heard the most aweful noises! and my little sis started screaming, and sue too, and this thing just came right in the house and Ma was trying to keep it off of us and we couldn't get to the window, so Sue pushed me down the compost hole and I ran out from the basement and I just ran..." he stops to sob a moment but makes himself continue. "I tried to go to old Ron's house, but I heard noises there too and I thought something might be behind me and I just ran and ran and then I thought I could hide here..."

Velmont

First Post
"Grabs your thing, there is not a moment to wait. If we have a chnace, we can save come lives"

OOC: The kids were honest?

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Come quickly, child. Show us to your house." Persephone returns to her things to pick up her crossbow and spear. "Zoe, guard the princess while putting on your armor. Rinaldo and I will go forthwith." Then she follows the child out of the barn.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Zoe nods and begins dressing as Seph and Rinaldo leave with the child. He leads you through the fields, which are dark and not a small bit spooky given the circumstances. (I'm assuming pesephone will take whatever shecast light on since none of you have night vision - I need to know what that is, actually, or if its cast on her hand)

As you move along, Rinaldo hears some sort of snuffling, and thinks he sees a unusual shape hunkered against the ground just out of the radius of the light.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

OOC: Yes, let us say she cast it on her left hand. This makes it awkward to carry both her weapons, so she unloads her crossbow and slings it over her shoulder. She can easily thrust her left fist into her robe, though, to extinguish the light if necessary.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo put his guard up with his rapier (ready action: if he attack someone, I counter attack). "Who are you?" he say to the shape.

Thels

First Post
OOC: I'm really sorry about last month, my Real Life went mad on me :( Good luck with the pregnancy, KB. Btw, is the levelup confirmed by the judges?

"Be carefull!" Zoe tells her comrades when they take their leave. "If you are not sure you can handle it, come back to get me!"

After donning her armor, Zoe moves up to the doors and closes them except for a small crack. Calling the princess over to her, she kneels down and peers out through the crack.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
A large bipedal figure hurtles out of the darkness, and swings a great paw at Persephone's hand. The force wrenches her arm and leaves her stunned on the ground (7 sudbual damage). The light now clearly illuminates the beast, which both adventurers realize is a bugbear. Although stained with blood, it looks oddly well groomed, as if someone had actually trimmed its hair neatly at some point in the not so distant past. A collar of some silverish metal is around its neck, and a few links of a broken chain attach to it.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

OOC: Good thing she reached 2nd level before that hit ;)

Persephone tries to stand and aim a sleep spell at the bugbear, w/o catching Rinaldo in the radius. (unless Rinaldo acts first, if he engages, she will cast Daze instead.)

Remove ads