• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"It's like someone's beastiaries got loose. We need to get out of here." Persephone looks around for the child. Assuming he's still with them: "Which way to your house. And everyone keep down. Let's see if we can avoid that big beast."

Thels

First Post
Seeing the rest is in danger, Zoe tobs a second about leaving the princess here where it's safe yet unguarded, or taking her along in the heat of battle. Thinking that taking her along would save them from the requirement of returning here, might the situation grow dire, Zoe calls for the princess, hurls her onto the horse and rides towards the scene.

OOC: Assuming we got that XP reward, Zoe now has Mounted Combat.

Velmont

First Post
Looking at the monster, Rinaldo have a quick thought at his own kids. "Persephone, take the kids to cover, I'll join you in a moment."

Rinaldo try to move and draw the moster to him so Persephone can flee with the kid. If he can, he will use Expertise to get as much defence as he can.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
As Zoe aproaches, persephone hides her light, but the paladin can still see the young sorceress moving to lead the child around the new foe as Rinaldo shouts for its attention and moves in the other direction. As the thing lumbers forward it becomes clear that it is some sort of gigantic wolf, but with snow white fur and strange features. It is also obvious that it is limping, perhaps badly wounded and very angry. Rinaldo suspects that he could probably outrun the creature even on foot if he had to, from the way it is moving, but it would likely only turn to seek out some other prey.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Yikes. Child, do you know where such beasts would come from around here?" Persephone keeps the youngster moving and hides her light, while attempting to be quiet.

Velmont

First Post
"Zoe!" shouts Rinaldo. Rinaldo will try to continue to divert the beast with a bluff to feint, followed by an attack (I do subdual not to anger too much the beast, so -4 penalty to attack, and 2 pint in Combat Expertise, giving another -2 to attack and +2 AC, giving AC:19 and Attack:-3, 1d6 damage (3d6 if sneaking)).

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Using her powers of Hyrag to detect any apparent evil, Zoe charges at the creature, trying to get close to Rinaldo, so she can cut the beasts access to the merchant after her initial attack.

OOC: If it's evil, 1st attack is a Smite Evil.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
[sorry for the absence, see general discussion for whining about hotels that don't provide internet access. By the way, I should point out that you haven't told me if you were using the subdual rings on these creatures. It doesn;t matter if you plan on coup de gracing after, but I want to make sure one way or the other.]

Rinaldo leads the giant beast to the side then darts in to strike at its windpipe. Landing a good blow he temporarily staggars the beast. It lunges back at him to bite, but misses rinaldo's dancing form.

Zoe charges in against the evil foe, landing a solid strike that knocks it prone on the ground. it is not dead, but seems to be temporarily unable to fight back. Both combatants noticed when they closed with the beast that a momentary chill seemed to come over them, and even now the breath from the giant canine's mouth is frosty in the warm summer night.

As Persephone watches the child he seems to seize on her question to ignore the terror around him. "I... the funny dogs! the ones that jump through each other and do tricks... they had silver collars like that. That was years ago when the circus came through... mum said I was too young to watch anything but the funny dogs, but there were other things too, they said."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo take advantage of the moment to try a coup grace, but with the guard of his rapier to knock it out of combat for sure.

Last edited:

Remove ads