Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: I've started an adventure summary in the wiki, here. I mean to try to keep it up as the adventure progresses, 'cause otherwise I'll quickly forget who all the NPCs are and why I should care. Feel free to edit, if you're so inspired.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I've started an adventure summary in the wiki, here. I mean to try to keep it up as the adventure progresses, 'cause otherwise I'll quickly forget who all the NPCs are and why I should care. Feel free to edit, if you're so inspired.

OOC: Excellent summary, I looked for something to add but it was very thorough

"I'll have my wife cook something for you" says Soni showing an even bigger smile. "I'm not risking you leaving so soon like the other two before I have the chance of greeting you like it's proper"

To the young elder, he asked, "So tell us of these other visitors of late."

"Ah, oh. Two young men. Holy warriors of the Harpooner."

You realize he must be talking about Apoli, the archer god.

"Arrived only two days ago, asked about the tomb in the mountain, and said that was a place of, uh, unliving abomination, that's what they called it, and were going to purge it. Bad, bad move. Mountain is bad luck , forbidden place. Death is there"

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar raises an eyebrow at the ominous description of the mountain, but really expected nothing less. To Soni, "We are interested in the tomb also, any information you could provide would be appreciated."

OOC:
Cool adventure summary, I'll help with keeping it up to date.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Perhaps we could get some kind of blessing first, to protect us from said luck," Halleck suggested to the Elder. Turning to the starling, he asked, "What say you, oh fare, yet unnamed, one?"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
For Future Reference

[sblock=Action Block]
Move:
Minor:
Standard:

• Target:
  • Attack:
  • Damage:
  • Effect:
[sblock=ignore]
Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 50/50, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
Always On: Resist 2 on Ranged and Area attacks
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Canon of Avoidance, Dwarven Scale Healing, Harmonic Spellblade Boon,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log]
Adventure Summary

Notes:
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy nodded in agreement with her compatriots. "Indeed, anything that you might tell us could be helpful," she said smoothly to the elder. "We would not want to risk such a dark place unprepared. Perhaps, if you could help us, we might even rescue those fellows who are ahead of us..."

Someone

Adventurer
Soni’s reluctant to talk about the mountain. Mumbles, murmurs a couple excuses but his resistance is no match for your collective charisma.

“We’re not disturbed here. What’s in the mountain stays in the mountain, except once every ten years. Even then he harms no one. We’re fishermen, and the mountain is no good for sowing – too many rocks. So we don’t go there.”

“My grandfather said that it wasn’t always that way, but many years ago a god hollowed out a mountain and jailed there an evil spirit, and that the guardian he left there comes and asks all these things in the list so he doesn’t grow bored.”

“Nobody in the village has been ever there. Buy I knew someone who did. A man whose daughter fell ill and died. He was so desperate that he though the the spirit in the mountain could have the power to bring her back, poor fool. He went there to bargain for her life. He said when he came back…”

Soni makes a pause

“That there was a big stone door. And that a giant guarded it and the giant was dead, but moved. And when he turned to flee a man, dead too, came out of the ground and caught his arm. He said he could see his face closer than you are of me now, and how the dirt fell off the eye sockets and the holes in his face. The dead creature pointed at the way down and let him go. And he showed him the arm where the dead creature touched him, and it was pale, and all the hair in it turned white”

“He left the island soon after with all his family and his daughter’s corpse, and I’ve never heard of him again.”

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"OooooOOOOOoooooh," the Silver Starling coos in delighted horror, or perhaps horrified delight, at the elder's macabre tale. "We must hurry! The holy warriors may need our aid! Um, how do you get to the mountain? Is there, like, a road or something?"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Have you considered that by the time we arrive, they may be dead as well? No offense meant to the skill of your fellows, good Sir Holyshield; just that it may be a reality which awaits us shortly, if some nerfarious sort is raising the dead for its own purposes." Halleck said. "Does anyone have a means of combating such a foe, other than brute strength?"

Rapida

First Post
"No offense taken, as far as dealing with the undead I have a number of effective prayers and my war hammer. Neither of which fall far from the brute force category."

Someone

Adventurer
"Disturbing those undead may have not been the wisest decision" interrupts the Captain, perhaps talking about the two warriors or your group. "Those undead have been there for generations without harming anyone - better leave them there that risking them wanting to take revenge."

Remove ads