[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: With DM permission, can I swap the order of my minor and my standard - that way I don't give up the 2 hp of damage if I had already killed the minion. It's cool if you want me to stay with what I wrote though.

Also sorry that my post is a bit of a mess, I wrote it from my phone, which is not quite a replacement for my laptop yet. Also I don't have my books on me, so I may have made a rules error with the crit. My apologies if I did.

Someone

Adventurer
Before the thugs have the chance to react, both Ianward and Sound of Stone dart forward, the battlemind dropping one foe and hurting another while the kreen kicks everybody using what surely is the mantis style. Thugs and thieves fly everywhere. A dagger darts from one of the stands, where Bones is having a hard problem finding anything to hide behind. After they recover from the surprise of being so attacked, they just pile on the brave chargers. Both are beaten with brutal and dirty blows, Ianward almost to death, while Sound of Stone manages to at least avoid some of the slashes. He’s in a bad position as the attackers prepare for a second round of beating he may not survive.

[sblock=status]

Sound of stone: 11 damage, Prone.
Bones: Fine
Ianward: 31 damage, Dazed until the end of guard’s turn, Prone, Bloodied.
Artemis: Fine
Mercurial: Fine
Halberdier 1: 7 damage
Halberdier 2: 23 damage, bloodied
Thug 1: 5 damage, marked
Thug 2: 22 damage, bloodied
Minion 1: Dead
Minion 2: Fine
Minion 3: Dead
Minion 4: Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Ianward moves and drops 1 minion, hurts and marks thug
Bones moves and fails utterly at hiding, hurts halberdier with dagger
Sound of stone moves and kicks everybody
Minion 2 move to flank, misses
Thug uses Dazing Strike, crits, 17 damage and dazes Ianward, shifts (thanks to attack) and moves away. As Ianward is Dazed, can’t take opportunity or immediate actions.
Halberdier 1 attack Ianward with Powerful Strike, hits AC 20, 14 damage and drops Ianward prone.
Soldier 2 shifts in position, uses Powerful Strike against Sound, hits AC 25, 11 damage, drops Sound prone.
Thug 2 attacks with Dazing strike, fails, shifts away

[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Scholar102.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=terrain]The various stand, fountains, etc offer cover and count as very difficult terrain (3 squares to enter). Once inside, you have cover against melee and ranged attacks but your own melee attacks have a -2 penalty to hit.

I hope is clear what do each token represent.[/sblock]

[sblock=enemy stats]
Halberdiers:
AC=18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14
MBA: Halberd; +8 Vs AC 1d10+3 damage and marks target.

Thugs:
AC=18, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
MA: Short sword +6 vs AC , 1d8+3 damage

Lesser thugs:
AC=15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (+2 if there are at least 2 other lesser thugs within 5 squares)
MA: club +6 vs AC , 5 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=bones]I’ll rule that the stands, fountains, etc are big enough to move completely out of sight and therefore to hide, as per the updated stealth rules, despite granting only cover and not superior cover[/sblock]

OOC: halberdier 2 and Thug 2 should be red like Ianward, but I saw late rb's edit. Will correct next round.

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Stand;
Open the gates of battle on H2

Roll Lookup

23 vs reflex, 17 damage

Flurry of blows 4 more hp damage on h2

Sound of Stone springs to his feet. For a moment he is perfectly still, locking eyes with the soldier. The he suddenly explodes into brutal motion, striking the halberdier several times in the space of a breath, leaving him close to falling.
[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, XxThri-kreen ClawsxX, XxOpen the Gates of BattlexX, Masterful Spiral, Special

Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_(rb780nm)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones slips out from behind the market stall, spins toward one of the goons, and takes a stab at him with his short sword. Bones lets out a groan of frustration as he struggles to stay on his feet after the attack.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: draw short sword
Move: move to I5
Standard: sly flourish, 1d20 + 9 vs. AC (with combat adv from flanking) = 12 (miss! I think) for 6 possible damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Bones, level 1 human rogue
-- hp 29/29; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12; available: action point, easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike; expended: --
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis stands slack jawed. Then grins, "Way to go Stone!"

"Ian! Get up man! You are missing all the fun! Did you see what Sound of Stone did to that guy!"

"And you! Mongrel! Get away from my friend!" Artemis's eyes flash with a dazzling light. Darkness seems to briefly coalesce around Artemis.

[sblock=actions] Minor: Inspirational Word for Ianward. He gets healing surge + 6 Roll Lookup .
Minor: Curse Minion 2.
Standard: Spiteful Glamor versus Minion 2. 1d20+4, 1d12+4 → ([7, 4], [12, 4]). http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2723585/ . That should hit. If he is dead, Darkspiral Aura should trigger and he gains one charge. If he is attacked, he will use the aura interrupt to cause damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 1
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15 HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial runs to a more apropriate spot to help out. Drink this! He yells to Ianward, throwing a vial of an odd glowing red liquid. He then quickly casts a simple spell on Ianward, chilling the current enemy harming his friend, and enchanting the armor on his body to chill the next foe to harm him.

OOC: actions:
Move: move to G6
Minor:use Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula on Ianward, giving him a +1 AC bonus, which can be ended to give him temporary HP equal to his healing surge value +3
Standard:use Ethereal Chill centered on Ianward, dealing 7 cold damage to the minion at H4, and causing the next enemy to hit Ianward, uent, to take 2 cold damage
Roll Lookup

OOC: just noticed FourMonos's post. if the minion at H4 is dead, i will instead use ethereal chill centered on Sound of stone, not dealing the damage, but still protecting him a little

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
Thankful for the help his teamates provided, Ianward quickly stands up, still somewhat shaken by the vicious hit he first received.

[Sblock=Actions]
Move: Stand up.
Free: Consume minor healing infusion for 11 temp HP.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
Speaks in Sienna
HP 18/35 Temp HP 11
Initiative +1
AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
AP 1, Surges 13/14
Power Points 2/2
Persistent Harrier [ ]
Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

Special
Dazed.