Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
COMPANIONS, WHY THE HESITATION? HE SEEMS TRUSTWORTHY! Sir Exsixten looks through the bottles of wine. AH, A FINE VINTAGE.

He breaks the top off a bottle, stuffs a hunk of cheese inside it along with half a loaf of bread, then shatters the whole concoction on his faceplate.

THE WOLF AND THE BOAR ARE SOMEWHAT SUSPICIOUS, HOWEVER, AND SIR EXSIXTEN'S INSTINCTS ARE NEVER WRONG!

With that, he pulls out his axe, cleaves the roast boar in half, then rushes over, leaps through the air trailing soggy crumbles of cheese, soggy bread, and patters of wine, and buries said axe between the eyes of the wolf-head mounted on the wall.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
after Sir Exsixten does his thing

Strangely enough, Dorn finds Exsixten's reaction comforting. No outside threat could be as frightening as what they had just faced, with one of their own completely out of control.

"Maybe we should make a show of eating," Dorn says, "on the off chance this stuff is poisoned. Toss me a hunk of that boar, would you?" he says to Sir Exsixten. He puts some on his plate and cuts it into many pieces, hoping to give the illusion that some food was actually eaten. (Bluff 34)

Luinnar

First Post
About a half an hour later Dr. Dominiani returns. Ah, I see you have enjoyed your meal. I am glad. I was about to ask the cook to send up some rice pudding. It is known for its excellency in the region. he says proudly. Would anyone care to sample some while you relate the tale of the Crown of Soldiers to me? Perhaps afterwords there will be time for an evaluation if that person I spoke to earlier wishes it.

OOC: Does anyone want their PC to be psychiatrically evaluated later by Dr. Dominiani?

Did you have some trouble? he asks, looking at the axe stuck into the wolf's head.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
With some work he manages to extract Sir ExSixTen's axe from it, it is obvious he is not used to handling weapons. Is this one of yours?

OOC: Slight point of contention, Sir Exsixten is on the end of that axe. The only way to get his axe from his hand is to pry it from his cold, rusting metal fingers.

Dekana

Explorer
"Don't mind him. He's just violently insane. As for the crown..." Jax places the crown on the table and keeps a hand on it the entire time he speaks. He continues speaking in his staccato barks. "Your lady friend hired us and sent us to a desolate cave. With a witch. And a fair maiden." He whispers the last part so as not to provoke Sir Exsixten. "Anyway, we took the crown from there. Akriel said you could use it somehow. Like, to get powers from? I'm not sure exactly. But it will help you fight Dule Lakos."

"She also said you'd reward us..." Jax says expectantly, his clawed hand still firmly latched onto the crown.

OOC: Psychiatry: Jax is pretty insecure I think, but he doesn't trust Domiani more than any other softskin. Mental problems should be solved by a kobold shaman, or by a club to the head (or both).

Luinnar

First Post
"Don't mind him. He's just violently insane. As for the crown..." Jax places the crown on the table and keeps a hand on it the entire time he speaks. He continues speaking in his staccato barks. "Your lady friend hired us and sent us to a desolate cave. With a witch. And a fair maiden." He whispers the last part so as not to provoke Sir Exsixten. "Anyway, we took the crown from there. Akriel said you could use it somehow. Like, to get powers from? I'm not sure exactly. But it will help you fight Dule Lakos."
Ah yes. Our research done by studying the ancient records passed down by our families pointed to an artifact that when worn will imbue the person with extraordinary fighting abilities. We believe that this object is the crown you possess, as the cavern you found it in was its last known resting place. It seems to match all know descriptions of it as well. he says.

I am not a fighter, only a simple doctor. With it I hope to drive away the Duke, he spits out the word in disgust, and save my Akriel from his clutches. I am not a violent man, but I will do what I must to save her.

"She also said you'd reward us..." Jax says expectantly, his clawed hand still firmly latched onto the crown.
Pardon me for forgetting. This should be adequate for your troubles. he says throwing a large bag of gold in front of Jax.

I have taken the liberty of preparing rooms for you because of the storm and the lateness of the hour. When you are ready I would be happy to show them to you.

GM: Each player receives 1,800 gold (if you can get it away from Jax ;))

Remove ads