Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax enters the castle as well.

OOC: I was going to retire one of my characters Kaz, he is really close to level 8. I was wondering if a judge would be willing to give me some DM credits from this adventure so I can level him up? I think I only need 1 or 2.
[sblock=judges]Can a judge approve the DM credits please?

[MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=6078]garyh[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION], [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION][/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: I was going to retire one of my characters Kaz, he is really close to level 8. I was wondering if a judge would be willing to give me some DM credits from this adventure so I can level him up? I think I only need 1 or 2.

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] maybe since you are not part of the adventure? :)

Thanks

OOC: This sort of thing is usually handled by proposal. The general concern, which probably wouldn't hold in your case, is that if DM credits are rewarded before the adventure finishes, then there's less motivation for the DM to actually finish rather than just leave the players hanging in the wind. But credits have been given early before, I believe. You just need to start a proposal.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: This sort of thing is usually handled by proposal. The general concern, which probably wouldn't hold in your case, is that if DM credits are rewarded before the adventure finishes, then there's less motivation for the DM to actually finish rather than just leave the players hanging in the wind. But credits have been given early before, I believe. You just need to start a proposal.
OOC: I'll do that, thanks!

I'll update the adventure later tonight. :)

covaithe

Explorer

OOC: That's what the charter says, and it has been done that way, but... a handful (majority? not sure) of judges have been just awarding them mid-adventure as a matter of course, whenever the DM awards time xp. So there's certainly precedent for just awarding it.

This case is so obviously reasonable that I'd have no problem awarding them myself, if I weren't playing in this addy.

Luinnar

First Post
You can vaguely make out an unlit hall before you. As you step within, a crack of lightning splashes light against the stained glass windows of this room. Tinted by the glass, streams of blood red light fall across this chamber, basking a stately looking gentleman with brown hair and a beard who is seated in a small throne at the far end of the hall. He is looking at you most intensely. Time seems to freeze for a second and only the shriek of the wind trying to get into the hall can be heard.

The brief tension quickly breaks as the gentleman rises and speaks. Forgive me, I have been spending many nights as of late in this chair pondering the plight of my love Akriel. I believe you are the ones she spoke of who would come bearing the crown? Do come in. My servants have prepared a meal, and after we sup you may tell me of Akriel and your travels.

Perhaps afterwords there will be time to evaluate the one who spoke earlier as well; if you so wish.
With that, he turns his back and vanishes through an archway to his left. You hear a door open and a faint light filters into the hall.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: ... a handful (majority? not sure) of judges have been just awarding them mid-adventure as a matter of course, whenever the DM awards time xp. So there's certainly precedent for just awarding it.

This case is so obviously reasonable that I'd have no problem awarding them myself, if I weren't playing in this addy.
OOC: I am one such judge who has been in the habit of awarding DM credits mid-adventure. I do it because I've been asking Ozymandias79 for the same favor. Otherwise my sole source of DM credits would be from my 3-month vingette, Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement, back in 2009. (Land Ho! will be passing its 2-year mark in January 2012, and I just started The Missing Professor, which is likely to continue on for several more months).

That being said I (we) usually do this when xp are awrded to the players, and it is has historically been done by the judge of that particular adventure.

Luinnar

First Post
Dr. Dominiani quickly leads you down the halls to the dining room. A stately but spartan dining hall stands before you. The table is lined with a red cloth and a large copper candelabra rises up as a centerpiece. In the northwest corner of the room, a stuffed wolf's head is mounted on the wall next to an small sliding door. The taxidermist responsible for this work must have been of great skill, for it seems most lifelike. In fact, it is hard to convince yourself that its eyes do not follow you as you move about the room.

You also see delicious looking food spread out on the table, consisting of cheeses, breads, vintage wines, and a fine roast boar. One plate rests at the head of the table with several scraps left on it.

Please sit down. Dominiani says motioning to the chairs. I have already eaten and I am afraid I must leave for a moment as I have a few duties to attend to. Please make yourselves comfortable and enjoy your meal in the meantime. With that he leaves the room, closing the door.

[sblock=Perception = 25 (rolled)]
Through the thunderstorm you can faintly hear a click of a lock, it is seems like your host has locked you in.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn surveyed the room carefully, then dragged one chair back into the corner to where he could keep watch on the door. He ignored the tantalizing repast on the table, instead retrieving some simple provisions from his pack- and he leaned his bow against the wall within easy reach.

"He doesn't even know us yet. Any good reason for him to lock us in here?," he asked the others in a quiet conversational voice.

OOC: Perception 1d20+19= 30; roll Roll Lookup

Remove ads