Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

pathfinderq1

First Post
From his position up on the rocks, Brenn watched the others. He made no move to get closer, at least for now. "How is Iron-Britches? And how many of you got bit?" he called out after a few moments.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Jax]
You spot a shiny metal gear in the wreckage. He surely does not need it anymore, does he? You might as well keep it for him just in case, you think as you stuff it in your pack.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"I think I only got hit with the axe," Quagmire says, inspecting his armor. "Ain't sure, though. It was kind of a blur, hey. Dorn, d'ye know anything about this wolf-curse? Could ye, uh, check us over with magic or somethin'? If this could be happenin' again, we should take steps."

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn rushes over to the big mechanical mess and throws his arms around Sir Exsixten, a single tear of relief running down his left cheek.

"You're back! Thank goodness... I'm so sorry... This is my fault. I sensed something was wrong, but, I... I was afraid to say anything and... Oh, what a mess!"

nerdytenor

First Post
"Dorn, d'ye know anything about this wolf-curse? Could ye, uh, check us over with magic or somethin'? If this could be happenin' again, we should take steps."

"I sensed something was wrong, but only knew for sure when we met with that priest. But yes, I think I may be able to sense it now. " Dorn straightens himself up.

"Everyone, come here."

Dorn raises his hands and reaches out with his mind, sensing, searching... (Arcana 15)

"I'm sorry, I'm having trouble concentrating after our, uh, confrontation."

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten glances at Quagmire. SIR EXSIXTEN THINKS AN EXCHANGE OF SYMBOLIC WEALTH UNITS FOR LIQUID REFRESHMENTS MIGHT HELP BALANCE THE VIOLENCE IMBALANCE THAT CURRENTLY STANDS BETWEEN THE CHAMPION AND THE CITIZEN.

Sir Exsixten pats Dorn on the back. CITIZEN, AS YOU WERE. NO PERMANENT DAMAGE <INITIATE PERMANENT DAMAGE SCAN>. SIR EXSIXTEN'S SELF-REPAIR UNITS ARE OFFLINE FROM THE ALTERCATION SO SEEKING OUT A SMITH OR OTHER MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL.

Luinnar

First Post
Dorn has trouble with his arcane senses, but the party cannot help feeling that there is another creature they have heard of that should come to mind in this instance.

[sblock=Arcana or Religion = 21 (rolled, anyone)]
You recall hearing tales of the Wererat, which in its hybrid form can spread its lycanthropy through the weapons it wields.

You never have heard of a Ratforged, or any mention of a Warforged getting Lycanthropy, so you are unsure if you could even catch it that way or even if it would apply to Forgedweres.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=roll / ooc]Arcana 5. (1d20+4=5)
Ooh, a nat 1 on a knowledge check. Let's have Jax say something downright bizzare.

Jax somehow avoided getting hit during the fight, probably thanks to the liberal use of slow and prone effects.
I don't know if it's so much that solo monsters are bad, as it is that the game isn't balanced for pvp. I'll bet we'd do okay against a dragon or whatever if we had our tank with us.[/sblock]
pathfinderq1 said:
"And how many of you got bit?"
Jax stands from his kneel, though he's still trying to catch his breath from the fight. "I don't think he got me?" He looks down his at own arms and legs to verify that. "Yep, I'm good. But... what if the wolf-curse is AIRBORNE? Ack... maybe I'll be a wolf too!" He asks in a panic, "What are we going to do?! Who here can cure wolf-curses?!"

Luinnar

First Post
GM: You can still roll the check from my previous post :)

With Sir ExSixTen turning back to normal, your spirits are as light as the soft breeze that blows down out of the valley ahead. As you continue on your road to the keep, only the friendliest of cotton-white clouds drifts in the largely clear blue sky overhead. The sweet scent of the wild flowers that dot the valley floor is a welcome greeting to weary travelers like yourselves. The aroma is especially refreshing as you cross a wooden footbridge over a slender brook that trickles merrily along its way. You notice that the thickets of silver aspen trees behind you are gradually giving way to pine and spruce.

As you push on up the valley, you notice that the breeze has picked up to a light wind and it is blowing a chill down off the Balinok peaks to the north east. Your mood has soured as has the day. The wind has turned cold, strong, and looks to be blowing in a good storm. The last blood red rays of the sun are fading behind the looming black hills. Wild flowers have given way to thick underbrush and brambles. As darkness begins to sink across the valley, you see a brilliant flash of light that glints off of the window of the small keep up ahead. According to the instructions given you by Akriel, this is the Keep of Dr. Dominiani.

As your eyes struggle to overcome the blinding glare of the storm's first eruption, there is a motion beside the path. A large bush seems to explode as if hit by a powerful spell, and a huge creature springs to stand before you on the path. Without the illumination of the storm, it is impossible to see anything but the gleam of two great tusks and a pair of burning eyes.

A second flash of lightning, even more intense than the first, splinters through the sky overhead, revealing the creature to be a great boar. With a snort and a squeal, it turns and flees up the path. In the last instant before it turned, it seemed that there was something akin to intelligence in its eyes. But, of course, that is impossible.

The bushes to your left are suddenly thrown wide and some form of huge, hairy beast vaults over the party. It lands behind you with a bone-chilling snarl and an evil growl. Before you can react, it rushes away into the bushes, leaving nothing behind besides the thought of its freighting presence.

The road suddenly enters a cleared field. Two strokes of lightning race down from the thick clouds to dance around lighting rods on the spires of the large keep. Their eerie blue glow paints the walls of the canyon, which are much closer than they were the last time you saw them, with a harsh blue light.

The old castle that stands before you is a dark and ominous place. Evil looking vines crisscross its surface and cling to the walls like the webs of some great and dreadful spider. The mansion's two spires, still radiating a faint blue glow from the lighting strikes, are slender and elegant, looking like the deadly fangs of some poisonous snake. A pair of high stone walls, also cloaked in tangled vines, run off to the north and south. Eventually, they link the sides of the manor house with the barren stone walls of the canyon and seal off the eastern most regions of the valley. A single great waterfall plunges off the cliff face behind the estate. While this cascade is indeed splendid, it has neither the fury or the roar of The Cauldron in Skald. The water looks dark and cold as it flows out under the wall and passes through the field north of the road.

Soon you come upon two great wooden doors. They are stout and rugged looking, with no sign of intricate carvings or decorations. It is easy to imagine them turning aside a battering ram without difficulty. On each of the doors is a large iron casting of a wolf's head. Clutched in the deadly looking teeth are heavy iron rings, clearly intended to be used as door knockers.

[sblock=Jax Only]
You notice your old wounds caused by the wolfwere bites at the farm are starting to itch. Perhaps it is nothing, you are worried about Sir. ExSIxTen's disease afterall.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Iron Sky Only]
Sir ExSixTen still has lycanthropy by the way, he was not cured yet, if you want to roleplay that for drama/tension. (he won't be forced to turn anymore) :)
[/sblock]

OOC: I was going to retire one of my characters Kaz, he is really close to level 8. I was wondering if a judge would be willing to give me some DM credits from this adventure so I can level him up? I think I only need 1 or 2.

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] maybe since you are not part of the adventure? :)

Thanks

Remove ads