Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras pushes himself to his feet. He looks over at Quagmire and shouts, "Come on man, get up!" As Quagmire starts to stir, Andras tries to put more distance between himself and Exsixten.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand
Minor: Inspiring Word. Quagmire can heal surge + 9. No more healing from me.
Standard->Move: Move to -E15

Saved vs AC penalty.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 12/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (0/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 to damage rolls

bloodied
marked
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire groans and staggers to his feet. He mutters a word to activate the spells stored in his armor, which provides a respite from the worst of the pain. He turns to berate the warforged, but all that comes out is "You.... You... that hurt!" He scrambles back to a position of relative safety.

OOC: Before turn: spend a surge and heal 17+9, to 26/71.

Free: dwarven chainmail daily, regain 17 hp => 43/71
Minor: diplomacy, 16. I suppose it's not the worst time for a natural 1, but it ain't the best...
Move: stand
Standard: move to I18

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 10
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:27, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:23 -- Speed:5
HP:43/71, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges left:7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +16 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Dwarven Chainmail, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions: +2 defenses until start of next turn

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 12 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"HOW DID THE WOLF MAN GET OVER HERE? NO MATTER - I'LL HUFF AND I'LL PUFF AND I'LL-" the old axe-and-chain comes flying out of Cur Exsixten's mouth, slamming into Dorn "-ER... DO THAT."

OOC: Turn Summary: Dorn takes 17 damage and is marked.

Cur Exsixten is in -E,-24 at 264hp.

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Regen 10 to 264hp.
Move: Move to -E,-24.
Standard: RBA(Range 6/12): 1d20+19=34 vs Dorn's 25 AC, hit, 2d12+7=17 damage and marked TenT.

Immediate Interrupt
: Combat Challenge: If a creature marked by Cur Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he makes an MBA against them (+20 vs AC, 2d12+10 damage and gain 5 THP).

Status Effects: slowed, vulnerable 5 cold, can't gain HP or THP, +1 AC and saves, PCs starting adjacent take 2d12+3 damage and are slowed while he can make OAs

[sblock=Cur Exsixten's Statblock... Luinnar's eyes only][sblock=Seriously, his eyes only(well, and mine)]Cur Exsixten, Male Wereforged Solo Soldier 15
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 32(28), Fort:29(24), Reflex:25(21), Will:25(21) -- Speed:7
HP:264/500, Bloodied:250, Surge Value:62, Surges left:11/14, Regen 10
Initiative +10, Action Points: 0, Saves: +5(6)

Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Counter, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Victorious Surge, Boundless Endurance, Unyielding Avalanche, Boulder Charge
Hybrid Powers: Revitalizing Pounce, Bloody Path, Thunderfury Rage
Items: Delver's Light, Potion of Healing x 1, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Restful Bedroll, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture

MBA
: +20(+22 OA) vs. AC, 2d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: 6/12, +19 vs AC, 2d12+7 damage.

Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC:
2 Notes for DM before update:

1) Dorn has 5 tmp hp (before getting hit, of course)
2) Dorn will not use his interrupt this turn - he'd rather just eat the small amount of damage and save it for a bigger hit.

Thanks!

Luinnar

First Post
The party continues the attack, so far managing to stay out of the wereforged's reach. Can they reach the inner knight in time or will they have to kill their (not so)furry friend?

[sblock=Skill Challenge, Bring back Sir ExSixTen!]
Sucesses so far: -3 to defenses, Cur ExSixTen can no longer heal HP or THP.

Using the same skill 2 more rounds in a row brings about a cumulative -2 to the check.

Somewhere deep inside the Warforge's memory core is the real Sir ExSixTen. He may look like a murderous canine now, but the awesome fighter of destruction is somewhere inside.

Once per turn as a minor action you can make a skill check DC 23 (any skill you can justify), each success brings SirExSixTen's real self closer to the surface, bringing about various combat benefits.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Cur Exsixten:
AC: 29+1, Fort:26, Reflex:22, Will:22
HP:264/500, Bloodied:250 slowed EONT Jax, +5 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of the encounter, vulnerable 5 cold, +1 AC/saves, 2d12+3 and slowed to PC starting adjacent

Jax:79/79

Dorn:71/83, marked EONT

Andras:12/66 +2 bonus to damage rolls until the end of the encounter

Brenn:65/65

Quagmire:43/71, marked, -2 to AC(save ends) (save failed)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The areas covered more than half by large rocks is difficult terrain.Squares that is less than 1/2 rocks are not difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• thepartwherehekillsyou9.jpg
    thepartwherehekillsyou9.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 63

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn aimed for a moment before firing again. This time his arrow lodged in one of the wereforged's front paws, knocking it to the ground, and a shimmering aura spread over the beast.

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: Clever shot RBA 1d20+18 (vs. AC)= 31 (hit), deals 14 force and Cur Ex is knocked prone; rolls Roll Lookup
>Free action: use Force longbow daily power- Cur Ex is slid 1 (-D 26) and restrained until end of Brenn's next turn
>Still no good ideas for skill challenge
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax throws his dagger again, finding the motionless forgedwere an easy target. The attack strikes Cur Exsixten with another burst of freezing cold.

Despite the fact that Jax is still attacking, he again tries to walk down his friend. "Look, you're a robot thing - not a wolf! Look at your paws. They're made of metal! What kind of wolf has metal paws?" Ineffectually talk down, that is.

[sblock=Jax actions / stats]Move: walk to F16.

Standard: CA from restrained (thanks Brenn!) RBA vs Cur Exsixten hits AC 36 for 46 cold damage, and his vulnerability to cold refreshes for another turn. Cur Exsixten has +2 defenses to ranged attacks while prone, and I forgot the -2 for long range, but the attack still hits. (1d20+22=38;1d4+11+2+2+5+5=26;3d8+4=20)
Also, looking back at last turn, I forgot to add the +11 damage to my attack (I only added additional modifiers, not the static 1d4+11). Oops. So I guess that 11 damage retroactively applies?

Minor: Perception to de-werewolf Cur Exsixten fails (1d20+12=18). Ah, that might have been a stretch of a roll anyway, hehe.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 11 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:21, Reflex:26, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:79/79, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:19, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +13
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+12; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +19 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +22 vs AC, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range, on crit, make MBA with offhand (+16 vs AC, 1d4+10)
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras catches Jax's eye and jerks his head at Exsixten. Moving in unison, the two make near-simultaneous attacks. Andras's arrow weakens a section of Exsixten's armor just in time for Jax's dagger to punch through it, greatly wounding the were-forged.

The genasi then shouts out to Quagmire, "Come on, we're almost through this. Just need to wear him down a little bit more." Finally he addresses Exsixten, "Surely you must admit we are worthy, capable beings. This battle has proven all of us strong. Must we continue until one of us—you—is dead?" Sadly, his reasoning falls on deaf, metallic ears.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: On My Mark vs Cur Exsixten. Hits AC 34 for 18 damage. Jax can shift three and make a basic attack against Exsixten with a +5 power bonus to the attack roll. Hits AC 33 for 42 damage. That includes prone and distance issues. [MENTION=57009]Dekana[/MENTION], I'll let you decide where to shift.
Move->Minor: Shake It Off on Quagmire. Saving throw succeeds with a 17.
Minor: Diplomacy 22. Dang. If only I'd paid more attention in finishing school.

[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] Make Nature checks to explain how it is impossible for a were-forged to exist. Robots hate paradoxes. Also, your character is a little difficult to find on the wiki.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 12/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Warlord's Recovery
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (0/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 to damage rolls

bloodied
[/sblock]

Remove ads