Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn half-heartedly flings another blob of acid at the beast, but it lands with a splat ten feet short of its target (Acid Orb natural 2.)

"Yeah, there's, um, more of where that came from. Yeah..." Dorn manages (Intimidate natural 1)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: ask if Dorn is hit (situational)
Current Effects: resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance,
+1 AC from even roll first attack

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP 71/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses d20s without mods for his Wild Magic boon and other even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Despite the fact that Jax is still attacking, he again tries to talk down his friend. "Look, you're a robot thing - not a wolf! Look at your paws. They're made of metal! What kind of wolf has metal paws?" Ineffectually talk down, that is.

"He is right, you know. You're not a wolf-thing- you're made of metal. Wolves are furry, like your little pet things," Brenn sounded a little bit more convincing, but not much more...

OOC: Nature check 1d20+15= 21; roll Roll Lookup

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire hurls his shield, but instead of damaging the wereforged, it glances away from an armored plate before reappearing on his arm. "Come on, this is getting ridiculous! Snap out of it! We got real foes t'fight!"

[sblock=actions]Move: none
Minor: diplomacy 23. I think that's a success, barely?
Standard: throwing shield miss on a natural 18. Quagmire is pretty useless in a ranged fight.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Iron Sky Only]
Quagmire's succeeded check is enough to reboot Sir ExSixTen's memory banks. Go ahead and narrate the de-transformation if you would like. He will be at low health and damaged (low surges, no dailies), thus bringing urgency in finding the Doctor's keep ASAP. Don't worry, you will get a extended rest before the next combat.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
THIS KIND OF WOLF HAS IRON PAWS. QUESTION - WHAT HAS IRON PAWS AND IS AWESOME? THIS GUY!

YOU ARE WORTHY OF BEING MY SLAVES, NOTHING MORE. DEAD SLAVES AREN'T USEFUL, SURRENDER THIS USELESS BATTLE AND SERVE ME!

BRING YOUR WEAK SAUCE, IT SWEETENS THE FLAVOR OF YOUR INEVITABLE DEFEAT.

I THOUGHT WE COVERED THE FUR THING AND THE FACT THAT ME NOT BEING COVERED BY IT IS A SIGN OF SUPERLATIVE WOLFISHNESS, NOT AND DEGRADATION OF QUALITY.

As Quagmire speaks, however, somehow what he says gets through.

BUT REAL FOES ARE WHAT SIR EXSIXTEN WAS DESIGNED TO FIGHT, NOT WHAT HE WAS TO BECOME. YOUR ATTEMPTS AT CHIVALRY ARE PATHETIC AND FUTILE. YOUR ATTEMPTS AT KILLING THE CITIZENS ARE TEARING US - WELL, AND THEM - APART. SIR EXSIXTEN WOULD RATHER BE RENDERED TO MOLDERING HEAPS OF RUSTY SCRAP THAN SEE HIS COMPANIONS SUFFER.

YOUR COMPANIONS ONLY TOLERATE YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET RID OF YOU. THAT'S BECAUSE SIR EXSIXTEN IS IRREPRESSIBLE AND... WHY WOULD THEY EVER WANT TO GET RID OF HIM? BECAUSE HE NEVER STOPS TALKING FOR ONE, AND NONE OF THEM LIKE HIM. IT WOULD BE BETTER IF SIR EXSIXTEN WERE NEVER CREATED!

BUT SIR EXSIXTEN WOULD DIE FOR ANY OF THEM! OUT BEAST, OUT!

Exsixten reaches inside its innards and tears out a hunk of gears and wires, hurling it into the rocks. Metal grinds and bends and Exsixten thrashes and contorts on the ground, bits of metal flying everywhere.

When it is over, Sir Exsixten lies twitching and sparking on the ground. He crawls forward using his arms before collapsing. He croaks faintly. CITIZENS?

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Combat over, great job everyone! You've taught me a valuable lesson, never ever ever ever use lone solo monsters against this party! ;) Also like I said, there is no more PVP in this adventure.

Sir ExSixTen is back to normal, but has been grievously wounded in the combat. Perhaps it it best to get him to the keep to rest and deliver the crown to the doctor.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras limps over and crouches next to the fallen warforged. "Hey, Sir Knight," he asks softly, "How do you feel? We should probably get you to a, um, doctor? Blacksmith?" He frowns, "To whoever would know how to fix you, at least."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"how do you feel? We should probably get you to a, um, doctor? Blacksmith?" he frowns, "to whoever would know how to fix you, at least."

Sir Exisxten looks about as if he can't see who is talking.

SIR EXSIXTEN FEELS... LESS AWESOME THAN USUAL. ARE ALL THE CITIZENS ALL RIGHT? SIR EXSIXTEN'S OCULAR PERCPTRONS SEEM TO HAVE SHORT CIRCUITED WHEN SIR EXSIXTEN ENACTED THE WOLF-MONSTER REMOVAL PROTOCOL.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire approaches cautiously, stopping just beyond weapons' reach. "We'll all survive. But I'm thinkin' ye'll be payin' fer the drinks fer a while yet. How are you? That wolf thing gone? I mean, really gone? And are ye sure?"

Dekana

Explorer
Jax leaps upon the hunk of gears that Sir Exsixten threw away and stomps on them repeatedly. "Die, wolf-metal!" A few stomps later, the kobold finally lets himself relax. He falls to a knee. From his heavy breathing and shaking hands, he seems utterly exhausted.

[sblock=Luinnar]Jax will swipe some of the discarded gears if any of them are particularly shiny.[/sblock]

Remove ads