[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

CaBaNa

First Post
Still feeling fuzzy Gil puzzles at Lilli, The fang? Yes, as soon as possible, that sounds delightful! Lotte, when I don't already have open wounds, I'd like to touch your fang. What does it feel like Lilli?

After speaking with Lilli, Gil notices that 7 Rabbit and Artemis are speaking casually now, and joins them. Well done, thanks everyone, for Gil has trouble for a moment, sniffling, Keepingmealive. he spits out all at once.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis clasps the older dwarf's arm tightly, grinning of course, "7 Rabbit, I feel like all my steps have lead me to this one point. I can't wait to discover the steps already laid before me."

He then throws an arm around Shale's shoulder, or boulders in appropriate locations for shoulders, "Shale, you're a scholar, right? Would you like some lessons in humanity? Number one, we like companionship. Let's go hit the Hanged Man! Drinks are on me!"

Someone

Adventurer
He then throws an arm around Shale's shoulder, or boulders in appropriate locations for shoulders, "Shale, you're a scholar, right? Would you like some lessons in humanity? Number one, we like companionship. Let's go hit the Hanged Man! Drinks are on me!"

raceportshardmind.png

"I know humans in ways you don’t suspect, Artemis. I’m psychic."

Neil1889

First Post
What does it feel like Lilli?

"Well, like a tooth to me, or perhaps a large cat's claw, but Lotte seems to like it in the way a cat might like the side of it's mouth being rubbed and she's simultanously marking you as her's. Now, if you mean being what's it like being with Lotte again, it's like having part of yourself returned; to a slight extent we both share part of each other's conciousness."

Lilli looks over to 7 Rabbit, "I think we need to talk abou this place. Before you arrived I claimed this site, Stargazer Hill, for The Institute for Arcane Cyphers under the classification of being hazardous to public health, though in truth we've both found that benign things can happen here when we are very, very certain that they will. I thought I'd better mention it in case you thought I might be treading on your toes. On the bright side, you might be able to get a grant or something for further study; perhaps you'd like to log the claim yourself?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=XP]
Karma played from Feb 15 to May 18 - 3 months
Everyone else played from Feb 15 to Sep 2 - 6.5 months

Encounter 1: 3 Ghouls (L2), 1 Ghoul Flesh Seeker (L2), 4 Cave Fisher Spawn (L2 minion), 1 Cave Fisher Spiker (L2) = 774 XP, split 5 ways = 155 XP each 310 XP each
Encounter 2: Navigating the mines (L2 skill challenge) = 125 XP each 250 XP each
Encounter 3: 1 Umber Ravager Savage Berserker (L5 elite), 2 Rot Grub Swarms (L2), 3 Shadowhunter Bats (L2) = 1025 XP, split 5 ways = 205 XP each 410 XP each
Encounter 4: 3 Xivort Slashers (L1), 3 Xivort Darters (L1), 1 Xivort Net Caster (L1) = 700 XP, split 5 ways = 140 XP each 280 XP each
Encounter 5: 1 Chained Cambion Invoker (L6 elite), 4 Obsidian Gargoyles (L4 minions) = 676 XP, split 4 ways = 169 XP each 338 XP each
Encounter 6: Escaping the mines (L4 skill challenge, 2/3 normal length) = 117 XP each 234 XP each

Minor Quest: keep Farmer Bob Alive (L2) = 125 XP, split 4 ways = 31 XP each 62 XP each
Major Quest: free Artemis from his Dark Pact (L2) = 125 XP each 250 XP each

Time XP:
Artemis: 6.5 months x 209 XP/month (L2) = 1359 XP
Gil: 6.5 months x 209 XP/month (L2) = 1359 XP
Lilli: 6.5 months x 167 XP/month (L1) = 1086 XP
Shale: 6.5 months x 250 XP/month (L3) = 1625 XP

Total XP:
Artemis: all encounters + both quests + time XP = 2426 XP 3493 XP
Gil: all encounters + both quests + time XP = 2426 XP 3493 XP
Lilli: all encounters + both quests + time XP = 2153 XP 3220 XP
Shale: all encounters + both quests + time XP = 2682 XP 3749 XP
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Presumably you haul the cart full of silver ore back to town, and find an apothecary to buy the two umber hulk eyes you harvested. You net 100 gp each for the umber hulk eyes, and the cart contains ore worth 75000 pieces of silver!

[sblock=Treasure]
Karma played from Feb 15 to May 18 - 3 months
Everyone else played from Feb 15 to Sep 2 - 6.5 months

Time Gold:
Artemis: 6.5 months x 178 gp/month (L2) = 1157 gp
Gil: 6.5 months x 178 gp/month (L2) = 1157 gp
Lilli: 6.5 months x 126 gp/month (L1) = 819 gp
Shale: 6.5 months x 254 gp/month (L3) = 1651 gp

Treasure Found:
90 gp on an adventurer's body = 90 gp
2 umber hulk eyes worth 100 gp each = 200 gp
200 sp at the base of a rock face = 20 gp
Cart of iron ore worth 48000 sp 75000 sp = 4800 gp 7500 gp
Orb of Farseeing +1 in a lamppost = L3 item, 680 gp value
Iron Armbands of Power made from a devil's manacles = L6 item, 1800 gp value
Ioun's Parchment created by dousing a notebook in magic water = L1 item, 360 gp value
Eternal Pencil (equivalent of Eternal Chalk) made by dousing a pencil in magic water = L1 item, 360 gp value
Flowform Armor +1 created from dead Obsidian Gargoyles = L4 item, 840 gp value

The cart of iron ore includes the time gold for everyone except Karma (total 4784 gp). So after giving everyone their time gold, this leaves 326 gp 3026 gp to divide up as you wish.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] JNC I just wanted to say thank you so much for running that adventure. It was awesome of you to take a silly idea and turn it into such an wonderful adventure. I can't say it enough, great job!

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Also, thank you for breaking down the treasure in a way that was easy to track! This was a great experience JoeNotCharles thank you for putting it together!

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: It's been a really good adventure with a really unorthodox group of almost pure controllers, and I enjoyed it very much. It's only up to [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION] to approve the rewards, but there's one small point of contention (and believe me I don't really liek to look like I'm complaining). According to the l4w guidelines, encounters are supposed to award double the normal amount of XP, and I couldn't help but notice it isn't the case in you summary, unless I'm mistaken

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
According to the l4w guidelines, encounters are supposed to award double the normal amount of XP, and I couldn't help but notice it isn't the case in you summary, unless I'm mistaken

Really?

(Checks charter.)

Huh. They must have added that while I was away. Ok, I'll need to update these XP and treasure awards (the size of the already-huge cart of ore will increase to take in the extra treasure.) [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], should I be doubling the quest awards, too? EDIT: yes, according to the charter I should be.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads