[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply, and again for a very enjoyable 6 months of adventure.

As for the money, I'm happy to divide it equally.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Lilli looks over to 7 Rabbit, "I think we need to talk abou this place. Before you arrived I claimed this site, Stargazer Hill, for The Institute for Arcane Cyphers under the classification of being hazardous to public health, though in truth we've both found that benign things can happen here when we are very, very certain that they will. I thought I'd better mention it in case you thought I might be treading on your toes. On the bright side, you might be able to get a grant or something for further study; perhaps you'd like to log the claim yourself?"

"Oh, good! I was so worried about you that I didn't even think about claiming the site. Now that you're back safe, that's a good idea. You go ahead. As far as I knew there was nothing special about this hill, it was just a convenient place to view the stars. So I think you all should get credit for discovering the magic here. Or maybe I should say 'summoning' it here."

Rabbit approaches the edge of the hole and jabs at the earth with his rod. A clod falls into the hole and, after a few feet, twists into a weird spiral as the gravity chagnes. "Neat!"

"It seems to be a portal to elsewhere. Another plane, maybe? Or just another island in the Shifting Sea? I couldn't tell. The magic seems to be weakening slightly, though. I wouldn't be surprised if this collapses soon in a week or two. The IAC should look into shoring it up."

OOC:
I posted in the Upcoming Adventures thread discussing what to do with this tunnel next: http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...pcoming-adventures-thread-66.html#post5673158

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
"It seems to be a portal to elsewhere. Another plane, maybe? Or just another island in the Shifting Sea? I couldn't tell. The magic seems to be weakening slightly, though. I wouldn't be surprised if this collapses soon in a week or two. The IAC should look into shoring it up."

"Certainly. I've heard that that are rifts popping all over Daunton Isle, to Arcadia in particular. Well, I stepped through one near to the City that was known to be reliable on that side! It is worth looking at. Bear in mind that there is a possibility that the magical weakening could be on a cyclical basis, perhaps revolving around something so obvious as the Moon. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the weakening was commutative with something as hierarchical as interplanar movement. Which makes it all terribly unpredictable and exciting, of course!"

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc]As for dividing equally what would that be by? It would be 756.5gp for for 4 PC's. Oh, level; I'm Level 3![/sblock]

"What will you do with your share of the treasure, Bob?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Lilli said:
"Certainly. I've heard that that are rifts popping all over Daunton Isle, to Arcadia in particular. Well, I stepped through one near to the City that was known to be reliable on that side! It is worth looking at. Bear in mind that there is a possibility that the magical weakening could be on a cyclical basis, perhaps revolving around something so obvious as the Moon. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the weakening was commutative with something as hierarchical as interplanar movement. Which makes it all terribly unpredictable and exciting, of course!"

"Mmm, maybe. More likely is that it was a single-use portal that's slowly closing as it has no continuing energy to sustain it. Did you see anything like an energy source down there? Or possibly destroy one?"

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Lilli said:
"What will you do with your share of the treasure, Bob?"

Bob jumps. "Ah git a share? Ah don' feel I deserve one... all ah did was stand aroun' an hope nothin' kilt me."

He turns to Artemis. "But d'you say somethin' bout a drink? Ah'll let ya stand me a drink, fer sure!"

Neil1889

First Post
"Did you see anything like an energy source down there? Or possibly destroy one?"

"Well, there's was the diabolic Patron of Artemis, now vanquished to the Pit it came from."

Bob jumps. "Ah git a share? Ah don' feel I deserve one... all ah did was stand aroun' an hope nothin' kilt me."

[sblock=ooc]I assumed he'd be getting something, with enough in the cart extra that's not factored in to the PC's shares.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Shale-1.jpg

"I'm physically incapable of drinking, but returning to the place where this whole thing started sounds appropiate."

"About the place's magic, I conjecture it was altered to work as a prison - the transportation magic was turned inwards, so whatever tried to leave the place was inevitably brought back. Plus is was evident it was also being corrupted by the creature imprisoned there, who was able to manipulate it to an extent and was, paradoxically, drawing strenght from being chained."

"So I'd advise against studying this phenomenon; it's tainted by a malevolent being, and should not be used unless it's clear it's not part of the original prison and the corruption removed."

Remove ads