• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Adventure Atlas: The Mortuary, on DnDBeyond and a WotC video.

Is there a precedent? I don't use Beyond so I don't know if there are beyond exclusives.
They've put out a number of Beyond exclusives since the first Spelljammer Monstrous Compendium (which predated the acquisition of Beyond and was, for a time, available as a free PDF via the main D&D website).

In no particular order (and with the caveat that some of these may have been timed exclusives that aren't presently available if you haven't already claimed them):

Can someone confirm that this isn’t just the first chapter or isn’t from the book?
I can.

It's essentially an expanded Faction overview for the Heralds of Dust (going more in-depth on their philosophy, taboos, and activities), a general location guide to the Mortuary (non-comprehensive, but with four somewhat fleshed-out locations and tables for generating different encounters at various level-ranges), and a small bestiary (containing five statblocks for various Mortuary/Heralds of Dust related monsters/NPCs, including their Factol, the lich Skall).

Also, two Faction-related Charms (a la Supernatural Gifts from the DMG):

Charm of the Dead Truce - makes hostile undead with INT less than or equal to 6 indifferent to you and gives advantage to Persuasion checks to influence them, lasts for 10 days or until you deal damage to an undead creature.

Charm of Incorporeality - turn incorporeal for up to one minute as a bonus action, one-time use.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
They've put out a number of Beyond exclusives since the first Spelljammer Monstrous Compendium (which predated the acquisition of Beyond and was, for a time, available as a free PDF via the main D&D website).

In no particular order (and with the caveat that some of these may have been timed exclusives that aren't presently available if you haven't already claimed them):
it appears that this one is the first paid exclusive with Maps integration then?

Remove ads