• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Adventure Atlas: The Mortuary, on DnDBeyond and a WotC video.

Hmm a digital only offering through their own location, for content that could have been included in the book? Feels bad.
Would've added several pages to a trio of books with already tight page count limitations and wildly imbalance the amount of info available on the Heralds of Dust with that for every other Faction, unless they added a comparable amount for each of those as well.

I would love a full-on Factol's Manifesto-style book giving us a deep dive on all the Factions at once, but failing that, this is a decent, slower-burn approach to accomplish the same ends.

Scribe

Legend
It didn't fit in the book We still get it. Nothing about this feels bad to me. It seems a bit pricey for me....

Would've added several pages to a trio of books with an already tight page count limitations and wildly imbalance the amount of info available on the Heralds of Dust with that of every other Faction, unless they added a comparable amount for each of those as well.

I would love a full-on Factol's Manifesto-style book giving us a deep dive on all the Factions at once, but failing that, this is a decent, slower-burn approach to accomplish the same ends.

If they put it in a printed book later with the rest of them, great, otherwise no, we dont get it, as I'm not buying off Beyond, and I'm not buying anything WoTC digital that they can stealth errata later.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Seeing this done for one of the factions from Planescape made me immediately think of what other groups could be given greater spotlight in similar materials, and the various deities of the D&D multiverse was the first to come to mind.

I can imagine a supplement going into greater detail on the various versions of a god in different worlds they appeared in (maybe even including a First World interpretation) with various lore about their ideals, realms, clergy, and dogma. They could even include some monster stat blocks for a high ranking follower or champion or unique monsters and extraplanar creatures associated to them. Also maybe include a set of piety rewards, unique blessings and boons, maybe even some unique spells or artifacts from older editions.

It would be a cool way to get more deity material while allowing those not interesting in them to ignore the content.

Remember when Winninger said they only publish about half of product that advance into development stage?

Remember when WotC President Cythnia Williams said D&D is under monetized? Pepridge Farms does.

This isn't cut content, this is the second micro transaction after Monster Compendium: Eldraine. This is serving the same exact purpose as they entend it too.

Expect more to come, there is Ixalan set coming and 11 more factions. Plus other stuff.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Remember when WotC President Cythnia Williams said D&D is under monetized? Pepridge Farms does.

This isn't cut content, this is the second micro transaction after Monster Compendium: Eldraine. This is serving the same exact purpose as they entend it too.

Expect more to come, there is Ixalan set coming and 11 more factions. Plus other stuff.
remember when they started doing micro content in 2017, but people only got enraged six years later?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
What micro content did WotC start selling in 2017? I know there were some digital only adventures for Extra Life that far back, but I thought the "DLC" for specific books was newer.
Yes, if we want to ignore a half-dozen additional races and adventures because it was connected to Extra Life, we could

But the fact is that they have expanded adventures and player options via DLC for years, before DnD Beyond was part of their system.

remember when they started doing micro content in 2017, but people only got enraged six years later?

Those were rare and for charity, this is the second microtransaction within less then 30 days.

And it occurs to me that Spelljammer & DL monster Compendiums my have been intended as the first, but folks were so unhappy they decided to drop them for free instead, waiting till they had D&D Beyond.

There will be more for pay Monster Compendiums and Adventure Atlas', along with others types like maybe Volo's Races and Tasha's Classes or something. Maybe even entire small settings. We could even get more Eldraine this way with its own adventure Atlas.

Remove ads