[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: What Interrupt?! Rocco was the target of Boschs attack so nothing triggers. Also, I believe blasting attacks (such as breath weapon) do not suffer from concealment penalties, so attack vs Rocco and Skaliss are not at -5, if the attack targets will (unlikely as it is) Rocco is hit.

Do I PC Sigarr again?

I ask because there is nice barbarian combo with push next to the dragon and wounding it too and Rocco could follow afterwards...something I would normally discuss with r1...

Last edited:

Also, Primera is not a creature and cannot benefit from +5 to damage unfortunately. Nementah was the one that needed to be in the area of effect as it's her damage that Primera deals. Sharpe is at 10 feet. Does that mean he's in melee range?

Also +1 to hit from runepriest is against ENEMIES adjacent to runepriest not allies adjacent to him

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
When Bosche's big black cloud envelops the field, the hunter grunts, "That's annoying."

He focuses on the dragon circling the group and decides to slow its addition to the fight.

His arrow hits right at the joint of the wing and body. The dragon jolts in mid-air, not able to move with the offending piece of wood stuck in the joint.

[sblock=Actions]
Movement: Shift to O-13

Standard: Disruptive Shot vs. Lesser Dragon: 1d20+19+1+1, 1d12+10+4+5+3 → ([5, 19, 1, 1], [2, 10, 4, 5, 3]) I'll use Heroic Effort to make that hit. Hit for 24 damage and Lesser Dragon is immobilized (save ends)

Summary: Lesser dragon hit (AC 30) for 24 damage, immobilized (save ends) and -2 to range and area attacks.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Quan's Stats] Leopold "Quan" Thatcher- Male Human, Peerless Hunter 11
[sblock=Aspect of the Pack Wolf]
1. Quan does not provoke opportunity attacks when leaving squares adjacent to his allies.
2. When he makes a basic attack against an enemy adjacent to two or more of his allies, he gains a +1 power bonus to the attack roll. He gains a power bonus to the damage roll against the enemy equal to the number of allies adjacent to the enemy.
[/sblock]

Initiative: +11, Passive perception: 24, Passive Insight: 19

AC: 26, For: 21, Ref: 25, Will: 25

HP: 68/76, Bloodied: 38, Surge value: 19, Surges/day: 8/8

Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin

AP: 0

Second Wind: unused

[sblock=Orb of the Hunter]
1. Stealth checks: +4
2. Ranged attack Rolls: +1
3. Damage rolls: +4 to all damage
4. +1 AC (already accounted for above)
[/sblock]

Powers:
Aimed Shot
Clever Shot
Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot 1, 2, 3, 4
Heroic Effort
Reactive Shift

Takedown Strike
Hunter's Thorn Trap
Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Healing Lore
Entangling Roots
Hero's Armor Daily

Effects:
+1 to defenses when bloodied
+3 damage to isolated targets
+1d6 damage against foes who haven't acted yet in battle
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss, blasted by the breath of two dragons, strikes back with his sword and prays to his god for healing.

"Netari, aid me in my time of need!"

[SBLOCK=Actions]
10 ongoing acid -4 AC (save ends both) 5 ongoing fire (save ends)
Both saves fail!

IMMEDIATE REACTION: Item, encounter, Strikeback gauntlets: when hit by an adjacent enemy Skalisss can hit back with a basic melee attack.
HIT for 18 points of damage.

Standard Action: Righteous Smite on Bosch, +1 to his because Skalisss is bloodied
MISS

Minor Action: Lay on Hands, self: Skalisss uses a healing surge to gain his surge value +5 HP (30 pts).

Minor Action: Healing Word, self: Skalisss uses a healing surge to gain his surge value + 2d6 HP (3) = 28 pts.

SUMMARY: Bosch is hit for 18 points for damage. Skalisss heals 58 points to 72. Saves vs ongoing damage fail.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin Gray Guard(Natural Humanoid) 11 CharacterSheet
Initiative: +9 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 17 P-Insight: 22
HP: 72/98 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 7/11
AC:28 in sacred circle (currently 24) Fort:24 Reflex:20 Will:23 Resist 1 ALL

Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +17 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+12 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +13 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+7 damage, range 10/20

Gray Guard Action: when you spend an AP to take an extra action shift 3 squares (Free) and gain +2 to attacks until start of next turn.
Gray Guard Vigilance: Trained in Streetwise and Preception. Enemies marked by you cannot benefit from concealment or total concealment against your attacks.

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite
Righteous Smite USED
Divine Reverence
Debilitating Smite
Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
Winter's Arrival
Item: Strikeback guantlets - when hit make a melee basic against the attacker
Feat: Persistent Challenge - if you fail to engage the target of your Divine Challenge on your turn, you can maintain that Divine Challenge as if you had engaged the target.
Lay on Hands x2 1 USED
Healing Word USED
Paladin's Judgement[/U]
Sacred Circle USED
Martyr's Retribution USED
Wrath of the Gods USED
Crown of Glory
Item: Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

PC:Skalisss (jryoung) - L4W Wiki
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: What Interrupt?! Rocco was the target of Boschs attack so nothing triggers. Also, I believe blasting attacks (such as breath weapon) do not suffer from concealment penalties, so attack vs Rocco and Skaliss are not at -5, if the attack targets will (unlikely as it is) Rocco is hit.

Do I PC Sigarr again?

I ask because there is nice barbarian combo with push next to the dragon and wounding it too and Rocco could follow afterwards...something I would normally discuss with r1...

GM: Sorry for the late reply. Yes, RP Sigarr again. Have at it. Thanks for the info on the concealment penalties. I don't think you would have been hit anyway. Don't hurt my dragon too bad. I want him to hurt you guys :)

Neurotic

Both warriors in the cloud flounder, swinging blindly and futilely. Bosch remains unscathed from the barrage of powerful blows and safely within the bounds of his darkness.

[sblock=Sigarr actions]
Standard: Brutal Slam vs Fort (Bosch); damage (1d20+18+2=25, 4d6+13+3=29) - didn't include darkness penalties because the dragon is debuffed, but this is definitely a miss - risky, but the payoff would be huge

Move: J6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Actions]
Standard: Brash Strike vs Bosch; damage with vulnerability (1d20+20+2+2-5=20, 1d8.minroll(2)+15+3+4+10=35)
Move: shift J9, gain +1 AC & Ref
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: Sorry for the late reply. Yes, RP Sigarr again. Have at it. Thanks for the info on the concealment penalties. I don't think you would have been hit anyway. Don't hurt my dragon too bad. I want him to hurt you guys :)
GM: Don't tell them about Sharpe's berserker rage if his dragon gets killed... ;)

"You human! Snap out of it! Spirits, get him!"

Nementah moves out of the darkness and around the dragons then waves her unicorn horn toward derranged bard and cloud of spirits appear around his head, entering the helm in quick succession.

"Quan, see if you can get the human off the dragon!"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Haunting spirits vs Will (Sharpe); psychic damage (1d20+15=24, 1d6+8=10) - Sharpe grants CA to Quan

Move: G7, Primera to K9 (everyone has +1 NADs while adjacent to Primera (Rocco and Skaliss))

[/sblock]

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], is 10 feet (2 square) within melee reach (that is, are we at altitude 0 or 1, most of us are higher then 5') - a bit wonky mechanic that someone hoveing at ceiling height cannot be reached with long weapons...

Neurotic

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], maybe I should take Sigarr out of the fight? That last 1 could mean sprained ankle or maybe another batch of archers/soldiers appears close by and he charges them...it will keep him busy and out of fight, but close by if r1 returns

Remove ads