[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Past DM: FourMonos. Judge: Peer Committee

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Mikara] Things certainly aren't adding up. You know it can't have been that long since you have been gone. The plant growth in the streets and alleys on your way into town is considerable. The growth of the tree through the window alone would take years. There is no denying it. The changes that have happened, the deterioration of the wood housing, the plant growth. Years have passed since you... well, anyone has been here. Maybe a decade. [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Seems as good a place as any to start looking, Lilli. Perhaps the Library as well?" Raiyek ponders for a moment before adding, "Magic seems a likely part of this desertion - perhaps the base of that arcane society would have some records as well. What was its name again?"

Neil1889

First Post
"Well, speaking as a member of The Institute for Arcane Ciphers organisation, yes we should visit. Maybe the Igors have stayed around," nods Lilli in agreement, "and the Great Library would be worth visiting and of deep interest to me as non-native Dauntonian, but I'm concerned about the traps that are supposedly there."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hm, perhaps it's worth giving a look around after all." Vermitrax smiles, giving a short glance at the blind elf. "Are you afraid for traps most deadly, hm? You should not, such devices would pose no threat to us. Or perhaps it is glyphs and magical wards that you fear the most? Neither should you worry about them, look around, I've not seen so many practitioners of the art together in quite some time."

Neil1889

First Post
"Some of the city temples may yield clues too and I wonder if anything may be found where I used to lodge in Cobblestop, but I think we have some good starting points," says Lilli.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Believe it or not, I can help with traps. And do many other things sighted people might not think I can do. Touch and sound are much less prone to misinterpretation and most people don't try to hide the traps from such senses only from sight. Of course there are limitations, but they are smaller then people realize.

Now I believe we discussed our options. Can we start? Mr. Armor?"
Illarion turns almost exactly toward the paladin in clanking suit, his empty eyes looking unfocused between two elves.

OOC: If anyone feels confident, you need only roll Insight vs 1d20+17+5+2 = 43 (19 + 17 + 5 + 2) to see through the disguise :)

Also, 1d10 = 8 => Psychic resistance

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Looks like we're all ready. I think I just haven't seen anything from @MetaVoid and @pathfinderq1. Just wanted to make sure that we're all ready for posting.

Blargrim shrugs, "Aye, well then. Shove off and see if you can fix it!"

OOC: So where do you guys want to start looking?

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yes, we should start. Talk here will do little more good. Shall we try the Institute first, since it seems several of you are, or were, members?"

[sblock=OOC]I'm ready to go. :) I don't really have a preference where to start. I think we've come up with a good list of locations, but I don't know whether any of them are more likely to have any clues. Might as well start where we might have connections.[/sblock]

OOC: I'm ready to go.

"Lets go see that magical institute. If there were signs, there are most likely to make notes about it. The temple next. Civil service would probably be last to know or notice such phenomena and they would write about preparation for the calamity. For which, in this case, there was no time. Whatever happened, happened suddenly."

Remove ads