Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot steps into the firelight and raises a hand. "Greetings," it says. "I am Ingot. My companions and I have been tracking you because... um..." It turns back. "Why were we tracking them again?"

Antithetist

First Post
"Well it seemed more fun than following that silly old map," says Kasha brightly, stepping up alongside Ingot. She looks askance at RAM TIGER and tries to catch his eye, shaking her head.

"I'm Kasha, by the way," she says with a confident grin. "Mind if we share your fire for a bit? Been sort of a long day of sailing the high seas and slaying oversized reptiles."

Dekana

Explorer
Jax senses, or at least accurately imagines, the thoughts of hostility from RAM TIGER. He quietly says to the gnoll, "Better not. They might lay some gypsy curse on you!" He then addresses travelers.

"What she said! We will all be safer from the crocs if we are together. Besides, we are great warriors. We can protect you if they come." Jax slowly walks toward the fire, drawn to its heat as a fly to a light source.

Luinnar

First Post
"Ze wagon is fine iron one, come, zit zit!" says the old man in his strange accent, motioning to the party. "I am Scarengi, and this is my wife Ryana." He says motioning to a plump woman with silver hair and laughing eyes, who is almost as ancient as Scarengi. "Zhis is our vardo, ve are... how do you zay.... travelers? Yes Travelers! Ve travel through ze lands performing small tasks for ze local people...."

He is silent for a moment, poking the fire with a stick. "I could tell you a tale of a great traveler, vould you like to hear it?" Without waiting for an answer he starts to spin his yarn. He tells you of a man named Rudolph, who was a traveler, a writer, a historian, and an adventurer. He traveled the land, facing great evils and always battling against a greater one with unseen guiding hands. You sit enraptured at his tale. It could of have been minutes or hours since the tale has started... but too soon it seems, it comes to an end.

"But zhat was long time ago..."
the old man says and sighs. "But you did not come here to listen to ze tales of an old man." he says laughing. "You came here to visit Marais d'Tarascon, no? It lies at the edge of this swamp. It is not far, but it is not a place to visit on a night such as this.” Under his breath, the younger man adds, “Better to stay in the swamp.”

"But enough of zhis talk"
the old man says. "Come, where are my manners! You must be hungry! Come, join us for dinner! Perhaps,” he says with a sparkle in his eye, “zhere will even be time for a fortune.”

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha beams happily, finding herself quite charmed with this welcoming old man with his stories and his offers of free food. "Sounds great!" she says enthusiastically, but then frowns a little as she processes the last thing that was said. "But wait, what's wrong with this Marais place, anyway?" she asks with furrowed brow.

Luinnar

First Post
Kasha beams happily, finding herself quite charmed with this welcoming old man with his stories and his offers of free food. "Sounds great!" she says enthusiastically, but then frowns a little as she processes the last thing that was said. "But wait, what's wrong with this Marais place, anyway?" she asks with furrowed brow.

"No, ve will not speak of such things... No here vhere eyes and ears could be vatching..."
Scarengi says, refusing to reveal more. His wife,
Ryana, agrees and says, “To speak of evil is to invite it to dinner.”

Last edited:

Remove ads