• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Damien watches as the little tiefling throws all manner of magic onto the pirate captain.

He notes out of the corner of his eye Cyrus gesturing to him from behind the wheel dock

Instinctively Damien pulls out another arrow and readies his bow to knock down the pirate captain.

The arrow flies thru the air and would have hit the pirate captain dead center had he not been blown to the side from the tiefling's magic.

I know it was the bad roll that made you miss, but I now feel guilty for this. And in my defense I pushed him forward, so you should have gotten a better shot. *angryface* lol[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Watching the others do what they do best. Cyrus waits for just the right moment, just the right opening he needed, and then BLAM! Damien gave it to him. Cyrus sprung into action, dashing across the deck of there ship and leaping up onto the railing with one foot then a leap across to the other ship. Spinning in mid-air to do a back flip and landing crouched upon the pirates ship. His keen predator eyes narrowed as he spotted his prey upon the ground laying in pain. He dashed forwards and weaved behind one of the pirates backs. His massive black cloak bellowing outwards as he rushed forwards making it rather difficult to judge just where to strike Cyrus's actual body. Hitting the edge of the upper deck he leaped down upon the unsuspecting Captain. Impaling him deeply in the neck with his rapier.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to M11.
-Jump: Jump 2 squares O9 to M11 (Athletics 12; Succeeds)

Minor: Predatory Eye
-Target: Pirate Captain (G13)
-Effect: If Cyrus has combat advantage against a target, he deals +1d6 damage on the next attack he makes against that target. He must apply this bonus before the end of his next turn.

Standard: Charging Basic Melee Attack
-Move: Charge to (H14)
-Attack: +11 vs. AC (CRIT!!! 31)
-Damage: 1d10+5 damage + 1d10 Assassin's Strike + 1d8 Attack Finesse + 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Predatory Eye. (51 damage)

No Action: Assassin’s Strike
-Target: The creature Cyrus hit. (Pirate Captain)
-Trigger: Cyrus hit a creature within 5 squares of himself with an attack using a weapon.
-Effect: The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack. If the target is helpless, this damage is maximized.

No Action: Sneak Attack
-Effect: When Cyrus makes an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hits an enemy granting combat advantage to him, that enemy takes 2d6 extra damage.

Opportunity Attacks: Takes an OA from Motley Crew 3 at K11 when charging past him. Would of taken another OA from Elf Archer 3 at I13 except he's got a bow in his hands. Cyrus currently has +2 Defenses vs. OA thanks to the Ardents aura.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 11

Initiative: +5, Speed: 6

HP: 26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [ ]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ]

Arrows 59/60[/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Charging Basic Melee Attack
-Move: Charge to (H14)
-Attack: +11 vs. AC (CRIT!!! 31)
-Damage: 1d10+5 damage + 1d10 Assassin's Strike + 1d8 Attack Finesse + 2d6 Sneak Attack + 1d6 Predatory Eye. (51 damage)
[/sblock]

GEEEEEEEEEEE-SUS. That is just crazy. That's 89 damage so far. Rogues Sorry, Executioners are so OP. What sourcebook do they come from?[/sblock]

Circio

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Executioners were originally released as a playtest in DDi before they released the final version to DDi subscribers. A few months before Wizards released Heroes of Shadow, they announced that the executioner was still a playtest and the final, final version was released in Heroes of Shadow last week[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc][MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION]: good time for a CRIT! No OA from motley crew, last round it drop its cutlass to pick up a crossbow. It can't attack you.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Thanks jsb!

Executioner's aren't overpowered. They're a striker and I can only do that once an encounter. I don't get multiple encounter powers later levels. I just get the one. It's not so much the executioner part. It's the combination of race, weapon and feat choice that did the majority of the damage.

That and well the Crit part.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just waiting for Ixen to go.

I like the pace so far, every 24 hours (or sooner!) I have the next round already typed up and ready.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I was just poking fun at you, Dark. Just waiting for Ixen now. Also, are there rules about DMs handing out customized/home-brew (but still balanced of course) equipment? Or does it HAVE to come from a source?[/sblock]

[sblock=Oh yeah and...]Ixen is in deep doo doo[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc] @treex : i'd rather just use the character builder for items.

I like to look at wishlists for inspiration on items, but sometimes, if a situation comes up where a PC keeps getting hit vs. his WILL defense for example, i would give an item to beef up that stat.[/sblock]

[sblock=son of meepo]UPDATE your wishlist![/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads