• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
Now that the tiefling is on his feet and the number of giant crustaceans have dwindled, he felt much more reassured. However the injuries Jesse sustained from the Crusher's blow broke is concentration and his spell failed.

The tiefling decided that he needed some space to recuperate, so he slinked away from the heart of the battle.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Phantom Bolt @ Crusher 2 (1d20+5=7)(Missed!)
Move: Move to X8[/sblock]

OOC: Summary:
  • Phantom Bolt missed the Craud Crusher
  • Jesse is now at X8

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus lashes out quickly as the large crustacean attempts to move away from him. Though today is not his day, the stars are not a lined this day. He growls lowly and steps after the beast. Taking another swing at it and yet again hitting nothing by air. He pauses a quick second to look down at his blade looking it over for damage or perhaps it got swapped out on the ship for tinfoil.*

[sblock=Opportunity Attack]Opportunity Attack: Basic Melee Attack
-Target: Craud Crusher 1 (S7)
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (Miss; 12)[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Take 3 Ongoing damage.

Move: Shift to T8

Standard: Basic Melee Attack
-Target: Craud Crusher 1 (S7)
-Attack: +8 vs. AC (Miss; 12)

Quick Swap: Draw Healing Potion

Minor: Healing Potion
-Effect: Cyrus spends a healing surge and regains 10 hp.

End of Turn: Save vs. Ongoing (Success; 11)[/sblock]

[sblock=Cyrus]Cyrus- Male Khan Executioner 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 15

AC: 19, Fort: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 11

Initiative: +5, Speed: 6

HP: 18/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 8/9

Powers-
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Action Point [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Predatory Eye [X]
Second Wind [ ]
Sneak Attack [X]

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice [ ]

Arrows 83/84[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Wow. Just wow. I needed a friggin 7 to hit the Crusher. Ugh. This is getting ridiculous. Eeerrgghhh!!!

My first roll above a 10 this encouter was for a save. Hahah. *Sigh*[/sblock]

[sblock=jsb]Just so you know I spent my action point in the first round. You have me down as not spending it. [/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat struggles for a brief moment before coming to the conclusion that it would be better to fight than to run. Unfortunately, his sword arm, though free, is unable to find enough of an arc to strike the creature effectively, "That's right, you overgrown shrimp, hold on tight, because you won't get another break like that." As if to accentuate that point, Ixenvalignat notices a brief shift in the crusher's grip and takes advantage. Breaking free, he calls back to the others, "Don't worry about me, just kill this blasted lobster!"[sblock=Actions]Standard: Viper's Strike[sblock=Power Card]
ViperStrike.png
[/sblock]Target: Crusher 1
Attack: 1d20+7+1(Bloodied)=10 vs. AC

Minor: Inspiring Word [sblock=Power Card]
InspiringWord.png
[/sblock]Target: Ixenvalignat
Extra Healing: 1d6=1

Move: Escape
Athletics vs. Fortitude: 1d20+8=22 I think that does it[/sblock]
OOC: Summary:

• Whiff
  • Ixenvalignat heals a whopping 6 hp
  • If the Crusher shifts (not likely) before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, then Cyrus gets an OA against it
  • So far Ixenvalignat has spent more healing on himself than on his comrades :erm:.
Sorry guys. When IC doesn't like you, there's not much you can do.

[sblock=Ministats]Ixenvalignat
Male Dragonborn Warlord Level 1 Initiative: +0
Speed 5
Passive Perceoption: 10; Passive Insight: 10; Senses: Normal Vision
Draconic Fury: +1 to attack rolls while bloodied
Languages: Draconic, Common
AC: 19; Fortitude; 17; Reflex: 13; Will: 16
HP: 10/22 Bloodied
Surge Value: 5; Surges Left: 4/8
Action Points: 0

At Will Powers:
:bmelee: Melee Basic Attack 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage

:branged: Ranged Basic Attack 1d20 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4 damage

:melee: Wolfpack Tactics 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage and one ally adjacent to Ixenvalignat or the target can shift 1 square as a free action

:melee: Viper's Strike 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+5 damage. Effect: If the target shifts before the start of Ixenvalignat's next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice.

Encounter Powers:
:close: Powerful Warning
Effect:
The target gains +4 power bonus to all defenses against the attack. The target can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action.

Battlefront Shift

Effect: Target shifts speed on initiative roll

:close:Inspiring Word 1 2
Effect: Target within 5 squares spends healing surge for HS value+1d6 hitpoints
Special: Can be used twice per encounter

:close: Dragonfear 1d20+7 vs. Will
Hit:
Target takes -2 to attack rolls and grants Combat Advantage until the end of Ixenvalignat's next turn.

Daily Powers:

:melee: White Raven Onslaught 1d20+7 vs. AC
Hit: 3d10+5 damage and Ixenvalignat slides an adjacent ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever Ixenvalignat or an ally within 10 squares of himself makes a succesful attack, the attacker slides an adjacent ally 1 square.
Miss: An ally within 10 squares slides an adjacent ally 1 square on each successful attack for the rest of the encounter.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]Escape is a MOVE action.

Athletics vs. Fort (17) or Acrobatics vs. Reflex (16).

If you escape, you can shift 1 square (you are currently in difficult terrain, but can shift out)[/sblock]

[sblock=Darksteed]edited Round 3 stats. thanks [/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Gimlord]No worries there Gimlord. Jesse and myself are in the same boat as you this round. Crusher is an easy target with low defenses. Though when the DR hates you it hates you. Lucky round for the Crusher. Heh.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]Escape is a MOVE action.

Athletics vs. Fort (17) or Acrobatics vs. Reflex (16).

If you escape, you can shift 1 square (you are currently in difficult terrain, but can shift out)[/sblock]
[sblock=jsb420]Thanks for reminding me. For some reason I thought it was a standard. I updated Ixenvalignat's actions, and succeeded in escaping.

I don't think, however, that I will shift, given that anywhere else is actually more dangerous (unless I go up on the rocks, which I think is not allowed with a shift of one square, right?).[/sblock]

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien notes that Finn taking on the beast head on. "Don't worry little one!" he shouts "I have your back..." And with that completely whiffs on the attack roll...

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Put potion away (I know I know I screwed up...)
Standard: Clever shot on Craud Impaler 3
1d20+8=16 Miss (DARN MISSED BY ONE!!!)

Move: V9 -> X9[/sblock]

[sblock=Clever Shot]
At-Will
bullet.gif
Martial
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You make a ranged basic attack with a weapon. If the attack hits, the target is also subject to one of the following effects of your choice:
* You slide the target up to 2 squares.
* The target falls prone.
* The target is slowed (save ends).[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat block]Damien Bugbear Hunter 1
Initiative +4+4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight 12, Senses: Low Light
Action Point: 0
Defenses: AC: 16, Fort: 14, Ref: 15, Will: 12
HP: 15/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/day: 8/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan

Powers:
Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot [X], Predatory Eye [X] , Second Wind [X]
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx selected , Aspect of the Seeking Falcon
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=jsb420]Is r7 difficult terrain, or completely underwater? Need to know if I would have to make an Athletics check to enter that square or not.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads