• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I could get CA by crawling into flank as being prone doesn't prevent you from gaining CA, but it would be offset by the -2 penalty to attack from prone.

My question was worrying more about getting the best use out of the flank if only one person could get CA. If multiple people can, then it's not an issue.

Circio

First Post
OOC: Go for it Son of Meepo. It's an extra 2d6 that the party can potentially get on this guy by you having CA. Then I can get out of the way and Damien can try to knock him prone for Cyrus.

jsb420

First Post
Ixenvalignat dreams of his homeland. From somewhere beyond his psyche someone is calling his name, and he hears the sounds of battle.

With a start, Ixen's eyes pop open.

"I'm NOT dead yet!". By shear strength of will, Ixen comes back from the shadowy depths.

OOC: Natural 20 for Ixen. He immediately spends a healing surge. 5 hit points.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean crawls low to the ground with his free hand and on his knees. Closer he stalks to the last craud before trying to pick out a perfect spot to attack. The shape of its scales are made to protect against attacks from above. From below it is easy to find the gaps in the chitinous shell. It make a high pitched shriek as blood flows from the wound.

[sblock=actions]Move: Crawl to V10
Standard: Sly Flourish Sly Flourish (1d20+7=19, 2d6+1d8+8=20)[/sblock]

[sblock=Finnean Fairhand]Status: PRONE

Finnean Fairhand - Level 1 Rogue|Ardent
Init: +4 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:12; Passive Insight: 12
AC: 17 (25 OA) Fort 13 (15 OA) Ref 15 (17 OA) Will 15 (17 OA)
HP: 17/24 Surges: 4/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:18 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:10 Cha:18

Powers:
Impetuous Ruin
Sly Flourish

Second Chance
Opening Move
Second Wind

Mental Turmoil
Thought-Eater Armor
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate]I will use Second Chance the next time I am hit.[/sblock]

OOC: Finnean hits the Craud Impaler for 20 damage.

Circio

First Post
Having distracted the Impaler while Finn snuck up behind it, Ardens slips out of it's reach as it thrashes from Finnean's attack. He then begins yet another incantation, hoping to put the creature down quickly.

As he finishes his chant, a burst of flame shoots up from the ground, momentarily engulfing the Craud.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to Y9

Standard: Erupting Flare

Craud Impaler 3: 1d20+4=19 vs Fort HIT

Craud Impaler takes 10 fire damage.[/sblock]
Ardens
Initiative +1, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight 18
Defenses: AC: 14, Fort: 14, Ref: 15, Will: 15
HP: 15/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges/day: 9/9, Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Draconic

Powers:
Erupting Flare, Scorching Burst, Magic Missile
Burning Hands [X], Force Orb, Heroic Effort [], Amulet of Life []
Fountain of Flame [], Wizard's Fury

Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Sword Bond

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien sees the opportunity to finish the beast and takes it! But as luck would have it he fails to slay the beast.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Clever Shot against the Impaler. Will knock the Impaler Prone
1d20+8=21, 2d6+4=11 Hit... uh... oh yea and hes knocked prone :p[/sblock]

[sblock=Clever Shot]Clever Shot (At Will Standard Action ✦ Martial) Target: Personal Effect: Effect: You make a ranged basic attack with a weapon. If the attack hits, the target is also subject to one of the following effects of your choice:
  • You slide the target up to 2 squares.
  • The target falls prone.
  • The target is slowed (save ends).
[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
"SPADOW!" Jesse yelled as he flicked a Magic Missile at the Craud Crusher. Thin silver streaks, fly through the air and impales him solidly in the chest. Jesse felt triumphant as the large beast fell, but still wary while his insides are still a squishy mess. His potion by his hands, he wonders if someone else would need it more than him. A jolt of pain shakes away some hesitation, but the tiefling still wonders about his comrades.

Ixenvalignat dreams of his homeland. From somewhere beyond his psyche someone is calling his name, and he hears the sounds of battle. With a start, Ixen's eyes pop open. "I'm NOT dead yet!". By shear strength of will, Ixen comes back from the shadowy depths.

Finnean crawls low to the ground with his free hand and on his knees. Closer he stalks to the last craud before trying to pick out a perfect spot to attack. The shape of its scales are made to protect against attacks from above. From below it is easy to find the gaps in the chitinous shell. It make a high pitched shriek as blood flows from the wound.

Having distracted the Impaler while Finn snuck up behind it, Ardens slips out of its reach, as it thrashes from Finnean's attack. He then begins yet another incantation, hoping to put the creature down quickly. As he finishes his chant, a burst of flame shoots up from the ground, momentarily engulfing the Craud.

Damien sees the opportunity to finish the beast and takes it! But as luck would have it he fails to slay the beast.

[sblock=Combatants]Finnean: 17/24; HS 4/7; AP 1; Status
Ixenvalignat: 5/22; HS 3/8; AP 1; Status BLOODIED
Cyrus: 10/26; HS 8/9; AP 1; Status BLOODIED
Damien: 17/28; HS 8/9; AP 1; Status Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx
Ardens: 15/26; HS 9/9; AP 1; Status
Jesse: 12/23; HS 7/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Status[/sblock]

With the battle over, you push the shrimp carcasses off the reef, see to your injuries and then you must decide if you should stay on the reef and recuperate, or continue.

To Rest or Extended Rest, that is the question. Which do you choose?

[sblock=The Math]175 Craud Shrimp Swarm: 1x175
475 Craud Impaler: 3x150
350 Craud Crusher: 2x175
1000 Sub-total

2000 Total: 1000x2
333 total/6

Finnean: 358+333=691
Ixenvalignat: 358+333=691
Cyrus: 358+333=691
Damien: 358+333=691
Ardens: 358+333=691
Jesse: 358+333=691

[sblock=Time XP]We still don’t have a full month of game play yet, so I’m not going to award time bonus yet.

Start: April 20th, 2011
Finish: ???[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads