• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A and I are two different shelves. A is five feet off the ground and I is 45' off the ground. It is directly over the other shelf, thus why there is only 1 shelf visible on the map. There is a small landing right in front of you, mechanically no different than the water, but 40' up there is a shelf like one directly across the room. Maybe think of it this way: A 5' wide stairway used to wind around the walls to the room. Parts of the stairway fell away leaving the shelves still standing. It you have any questions about where you are moving to, let me know.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think I understand it now. Each platform is a shelf, which means you can stand, move, and see below it. The whole diamond, beyond the initial landing is covered in water.

A is at 5 ft up. B is at 10 and ends at the dotted line. C is at 15.

D is at 20, opposite our landing.

E is at 25. F is at 30, and ends at the dotted line. G is at 35.

H is at 40 ft, and is directly above our landing. I is also at 40 ft and is directly above A.

J and K are above B and F, but extend further. I assume they are also at 40 ft. Since the ceiling is at 50.

Seeing as the closest platforms to us are at 35, 40, and 5 ft, Sorcerous Sirrocco seems quite waisted. Considering the environment it will certainly be useful later on. I think some of will just have to spend our first turn getting into a better position.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You got it! Said it better than I ever could. I guess, since I already know what it looks like in my head, it's hard to get words to try and describe in a different way. Hopefully I get get actions from the rest of you. Next update in the morning.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"First, spread out. We'll all roast together if we sit here."

Attempting to lead by example, Shava slides by her allies and makes for the raised platform to the right. Just like rigging into the crow's nest. She runs up to the walls, does a quick climb and attempts to leap off and onto the platform but her grip slips as she does so. She falls quickly but still manages to land on her feet with minimal splash.

Disgusting.

[sblock=ooc]Move to Q26.
Stnadard/Move: Running Athletics check to get on Platform G. 14 Fail.

I guess that puts me at O24, in the water.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Shava Devla d'Lyrandar
Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 5
Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 12
HP 44/44, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 0/7
AC 16; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 6
AP: 1

Skills Arcana +7, Athletics +12, Diplomacy +13, Insight +9
Feats Mark of Storm, Sorcerous Blade Channeling, Sure Climber
Equipment Challenge-Seeking Dagger +2, Sylvan Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Safewing Amulet +1, Identification Papers, with Portrait, Waterskin, Sunrod (2), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail (10), Grappling Hook, Flint and Steel, Everburning Torch, Backpack (empty), Arcane Signet Ring, Ritual Book, Belt of Vim, 1 Healiing Potion
Rituals Summon Winds

Powers
Lightning Strike, Storm Walk
Guiding Strike, Thunder Slam, Thundering Gust, Sorcerous Sirocco, Storm Power Defenses, Second Wind
Howling Tempest, Thunder Leap
Full Sheet[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
"I don't like this," Roswyn says. "Shava, can you see anything on that platform up above us?"

[sblock=ooc]Meaning platform H, which none of us can see because we're all under it except Shava... maybe a dragon or something up there?

I'm also not liking all this "shallow" water. I suggest anyone who has a leftover minor action use it to make an active Perception check.

By the way, those Athletics and Acrobatics DCs are for getting up on to any of the platforms no matter how high? And then also from platform to platform?

Well, it's making me really nervous but I guess Roswyn will move to get in range of the staff guy who's already been hit. (If something happened to Shava when she stepped off the landing, I'd like to cancel that and stop in S26, and attack kobold S2 instead. If Shava sees the dragon up on H, I'd also stop at S26 but instead ready the attack for the dragon when it comes into range/LOE.)[/sblock]

Roswyn gulps down her potion, dropping the vial, and cautiously makes her way forward to the edge of the landing. at the back of the room that her comrades have already attacked.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Drink potion of acid resistance. costs 1 surge. (Hope this is not premature.)
Move: to S25
Standard: Illusory Ambush vs. P1 (1d20+11=31, 1d6+8=11) Crit! Crit damage (total) (2d6+14=18) (bah only 4 extra) psychic, and -2 attacks TENT.
(Better not have fallen in a pit under the water or something, I will be most displeased!)
Reactions: Shield to negate a hit, Fade Away if hit while engaged in melee[/sblock]
[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19, Resist 5 Acid -- Speed:5
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:2/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Cantrips, Illusory Ambush, Scorching Burst,
Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern,
Shield, Horrid Whispers, Summon Abyssal Maw,
Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance,
Orb of Inevitable Continuance
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"First, spread out. We'll all roast together if we sit here."

Attempting to lead by example, Shava slides by her allies and makes for the raised platform to the right. Just like rigging into the crow's nest. She runs up to the walls, does a quick climb and attempts to leap off and onto the platform but her grip slips as she does so. She falls quickly but still manages to land on her feet with minimal splash.

Disgusting.

[sblock=ooc]You wrote platform to the right, but in the ooc put platform G, etc. I'll move you towards platform A, since it is 5' off the ground, platform G is 35' up.[/sblock]

"I don't like this," Roswyn says. "Shava, can you see anything on that platform up above us?"

[sblock=Shava]Nothing up there.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]The DCs for the skill checks are assuming you are going from ground to platform A, and then from platform to platform. If you wanted to jump to straight onto platform B, then just follow normal skill rules for athletics(vertical leaps).[/sblock]

Roswyn gulps down her potion, dropping the vial, and cautiously makes her way forward to the edge of the landing. at the back of the room that her comrades have already attacked. Raising her orb, the wounded kobold gazes into it's depths and a look of panic crosses it's face as it a swarm of illusionary wasps rise from the water and swarm around it.

[sblock=Draconic]
Bees Everywhere!

fast forward to halfway through the video:
Videos Posted by Chris Farley: Tommy Boy Compilation | Facebook
[/sblock]

Init: Round 1

Rohna: 19
Tondrek: 17
Baddies: 16
Tamarand: 13
Shava: 7
Roswyn: 5

Tondrek: 58/58 1/10(13) AP: 1;
Tamarand: 46/46 2/8(11) AP: 1--; mummy rot;
Shava: 44/44 0/7(11) AP: 1; +1 to hit +3 damage ueoTnt
Roswyn: 39/39 2/7(9) AP: 1
Rohna: 50/57 ; 7/15 AP: 1;+1 to hit +3 damage ueoTnt; ongoing 4 fire damage

P1: -43; -2 to attack until end of Roswyn's next turn--bloodied

Attachments

• den round 2.xls
    19 KB · Views: 51

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Nothing new so far!" Shava shouts back, but then takes a better look around her.

[sblock=ooc]Actually I was going for the other platform. Must have misread your description. It sounded like you were using a flat DC.

Its going to be exceptionally difficult to consistently make that check, if the only way up is one platform at the time. Shava has a +12 Athletics and she's already failed once.

What are the walls like? Do they appear climbable?

Perception 20[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Vertical Jump]A is 5' off the ground. Tondrek is 5'11". He should be able to climb that w/o a check. I think your DC's are off (and not accounting for people height): A 5' vertical jump w/o a running start it DC 50 (25 w/ one) but everyone can grab something up two 1.3333 their height.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Simplicity is the key here. Just trying to make things easy for everybody, so no calc need to be done. I just kind of rolled a climb/jump into one check, that should see people with the approprite skills succeed 3/4 of the time. A DC 17 is of moderate difficultly for your level. Note that the description in the PHB says that the distance for the vert leap is for you feet, you can grab on, but then you'd make a climb check(to do so for the platforms or the wall, I'll set at 25. Rough and wet)I just kind of rolled both into one check, that should see people with the approprite skills succeed 3/4 of the time.

Edit: I'll allow all but Roswyn(sorry, she's short), to climb aboard shelf A w/o a check. After that though, you have to do the athletics to leap from shelf to shelf with DC 17 ath or acro[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, but if we fail do we go tumbling to the ground?

It takes 7 checks to get up 40 ft if you got platform by platform. Which means with average rolls you will fail to do so, because the average trained person will fail 25% of the time. That's assuming a failure means going down to the bottom.

Regardless, Shava is a skilled, experienced climber. She would have attempted to get onto Platform G by scaling the wall. So I guess she should be at O24 for now.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads