[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
OOC: Adding Cleaver's action when it is posted.

Tamarand guides his mount within better reach of the kobold calling out "Maybe I could get a hand here? If the kid gets hurt, who'll pay us?" the drow says as he continues his acidic assault on the enemy in front of him. The orb conjured from his daggers flies wide, sizzling at it strikes the doorframe.

[sblock=ooc]I forgot about it before, but the dragonshields have acid resistance, it would have been evident before. Your attack misses because of cover.[/sblock]

Beginning of Round 8:

"Ah! Oy!" The half-orc exclaims as the bullets strike him. He scrambles towards the Talky Gnome, pulling a bandage from a pouch on his belt. He wipes the blood off his forearms, takes several rapid breaths. Placing the bandage on the side of her head, the gnome's eyes flutter awake. "YAY! Cast magiks, make 'em go away!" he says pointing to the kobolds.

[sblock=ooc]
Heal check on Roswyn: heal for tondrek (1d20+9=25) Success: Rowyn uses second wind gaining +5 hp from woundpatch. Tondrek gains +13 hp from second wind and 5 temp hp.[/sblock]

Rohna swings her hammer in a heavy overhead blow at the kobold, but the creature steps away from the swing as the weapon strikes the wooden floor of the shop, sending vibrations up her arm. Even so she gains resilience as she realizes that these creatures won't stand still.

[sblock=ooc]
This 3 squares of shfiting every round from these kobolds is getting old.

You better get used to it. ;) At the start of this battle, I thought you would have an easier time with it.[/sblock]

Init: Round 7/8
Tondrek: 23--Acted--Acted
Rohna: 16--Acted--Acted
Roswyn: 16--Acted
Kobolds: 14--Acted
Cleaver: 14--
Tamarand: 13--Acted

Tondrek:28+5/53 Surges: 9/10(13) AP: 0--
Rohna: 35/51 Resist 1, +2 def, Surges: 12/13(12) --prone --AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
Roswyn: 22/35 Surges: 6/7(8) AP: 1--
Cleaver: 25+1/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp--marked by D1
Tamarand: 41/41 Surges: 8/8(10) AP: 1
D1: -40--bloodied
D3 -40--marked by Rohna
S1 -27--bloodied
S2 -20--
M5
X--Rolling staircase

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
Roswyn's will flickers back to life as the dull roaring subsides. C'mon now... I can't go out like this. Done in by furniture??? No way... NO WAY!

She feels something moist and cool on the side of her head. Her eyes flutter open. Tondrek, his simple face lined with concern, stares down at her. "YAY! Cast magiks, make 'em go away!"

The gnome struggles to her feet, coughing in the cloud of dust. "Yes, Tondrek. I'll make them go away..." Roswyn's voice is low and filled with menace. Her dimples have vanished completely.

Heedless of the blood that is still trickling down from her head, Roswyn moves forward carefully over the rubble, blows the dust of her orb, and aims a spell. Just in front of Cleaver, the shadows seem to lengthen and twist. Seemingly solid tentacles of darkness grasp at the kobolds, and fill the area at the edge of the shop, continuing to grasp at any who enter the area.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand Up
Move: Walk to G12
(spend Action Point)
Standard: Grasping Shadows targeted on Q7. Area burst 1, attack vs. will: 20 vs D1 (probably hit), 14 vs S2 (miss? might hit Will...), 11 psychic damage; target is also slowed until end of next turn)
If S2 is indeed missed, Roswyn uses Orb of Deception to get another attack roll against M5 with a +4 bonus: Orb of Deception attack on M5 (1d20+13=33) (wow, another crit, too bad it's against a minion! couldn't reach the other slinger, too bad...)

Also, Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of Roswyn's next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=EvolutionKB]I'm confused about the map. Where exactly is the halfling boy, is he the X at K13? And how many dragonshields are left exactly? There are two D3's on the map... I will finish my actions once I understand where everyone is. :)

Oh yeah, the debris squares are lightly obscured terrain, right? So you can see all the way through them, although with concealment? I guess I'm a little bit confused on this, say where Roswyn is now inside the area, with relationship to kobold S1. Do Roswyn have concealment from its attack but it does not have concealment from here, or do they both have concealment from each other?

Also, Roswyn only has 13 hp now (and still bloodied) I think, surge value + 5 = 13, or did I miss something? Your status is showing 22.[/sblock]

[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:13/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: USED
Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]How'd that happen? Thanks for noticing. D3 is dead, as it couldn't avoid Tamarand's orb. Halfling never got attacked. Tamarand never moved. Roswyn's hp are now correct. Ranged attack(but not area) through the "zone" take a a -2 to attack from concealment. Melee attacks don't. Note: I'll probaby runs things in init order next battle. It may take a bit longer, but you more xp that way. ;)[/sblock]

Init: Round 7/8
Tondrek: 23--Acted--Acted
Rohna: 16--Acted--Acted
Tamarand: 13--Acted

Rohna: 35/51 Resist 1, +2 def, Surges: 12/13(12) --prone --AP: 0--bloodied--Mount -10hp
Roswyn: 13/35 Surges: 6/7(8) AP: 1--bloodied
Cleaver: 25+1/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--bloodied---10hp--marked by D1
D1: -40--bloodied
S1 -27--bloodied
S2 -20--
M5
X--Rolling staircase

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Haha, I guess I wasn't the only one who was confused. I'll go back to the last post and complete my actions.

I'm starting to think that if you're trying the Mal Malenkirk style and don't make the players run in initiative order, you really need to post the defenses and HP of the monsters, so the players can tell who is left standing... actually I suppose it can still be an issue posting in initiative order, too, it just seems to get even more chaotic when not.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Sorry for the delay guys. I've just transitioned to a project lead position in my company. But I'm all settled up now.[/sblock]
[Sblock=Cleaver]
Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
HP: 25/52 1 Temp HP, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/12
Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Foe to Foe
Howling Strike
Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike
Combat Sprint
Hammerfall
Warforged Resolve
Rage Drakes Frenzy
Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
Bloodcut Hide Armor +1 Power
Horned Helm

Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast

Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 59/69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
S2.gif
Bite (Standard, at-will)
+7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.
Alignment Unaligned Languages --
Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0) [/sblock]

Looking at the Kobold next to him Cleaver rumbles deep in his stomach, flexing the cords on his arms as he funnels the fury of a drake into his arms.

You are not a sufficient challenge. It is time for me to move on.

[sblock=Actions]1d20+9=10, 1d12+1d10+5=14
Standard Action to attack D1 (Miss)
Move action to shift 1 square away (n6)[/sblock]

Knowing even as the swing descended that it would miss, Cleaver pulled his stroke up short and stepped back, reassesing his target.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Looking at the Kobold next to him Cleaver rumbles deep in his stomach, flexing the cords on his arms as he funnels the fury of a drake into his arms. The strike of the warforged is wide of the kobold and he steps out of the debris of the shelves, next to another kobold.

You are not a sufficient challenge. It is time for me to move on.

The kobold grins, baring yellowed teeth, as it replies in broken common. "We die. Blackscales still win."

The gnome struggles to her feet, coughing in the cloud of dust. "Yes, Tondrek. I'll make them go away..." Roswyn's voice is low and filled with menace. Her dimples have vanished completely.

Heedless of the blood that is still trickling down from her head, Roswyn moves forward carefully over the rubble, blows the dust of her orb, and aims a spell. Just in front of Cleaver, the shadows seem to lengthen and twist. Seemingly solid tentacles of darkness grasp at the kobolds, and fill the area at the edge of the shop, continuing to grasp at any who enter the area. The pair of kobolds yelp as the tentalcles grasp at them, pulling memories from their mind. Blood runs from the corners of their eyes and from their ears. They are both just standing.

OOC: SOOO CLOSE!

Yet they still strike out at their attackers. Both slingers attack with their weapons, targeting the warforged, now outside the cloud of debris. One manages a lucky strike against the warforged, hitting him right in the forehead. The second's stone strikes wildily against the window behind him.

[sblock=ooc]slingers vs Cleaver (1d20+8=28, 1d6+4=5, 1d20+8=14, 1d6+4=5) CRIT hits Cleaver for 10. Second attack misses.[/sblock]

The dragonshield steps forward attacking the bloodied warforged. It's blade finds the gut of the 'forged at it's slinger ally distracts him. the warforged is heavily damaged and barely standing.

[sblock=ooc] Another CRIT!
dragonshield vs Cleaver (1d20+9=29, 1d6+4=6) [/sblock]

The last remaining kobolds throws a javelin at the warforged before moving into the back room. The primal warforged takes the javelin in the chest and falls to the floor. The creaking of a door can be heard from the backroom by those inside the building, made by the moving kobold. There must be another exit!

[sblock=ooc]
Another hit vs Cleaver, Sorry ukingsken!min vs Cleaver AC (1d20+6=19) 5 damage[/sblock]

Init: Round 8
Tondrek: 23--Acted
Rohna: 16--Acted
Tamarand: 13--

Roswyn: 22/35 Surges: 6/7(8) AP: 0
Cleaver: -1/52 Surges: Surges: 12/12(13) AP: 0--dying---10hp--marked by D1
D1: -51--slowed by Roswyn until end of her next turn.--almost DEAD!
S1 -27--bloodied
S2 -31--bloodied--slowed until end of Roswyns next turn.
M5
X--Rolling staircase

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Grasping Shadows]The zone created by Grasping Shadows does 5 damage to creatures that "enter the zone". So on their turn, would it damage the kobolds that were the original targets and thus were in the zone when it was created? Or would they have to leave and then re-enter the zone? Or if they move within the zone?

This has always confused me. :)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Well, I suppose it's up to me to save these guys" Tamarand says to his lizard, patting it and then disappearing.

He reappears standing on the ground just inside the building in front of the window standing with his legs wide in a defensive stance. The drow twirls his daggers in a complex pattern and points them both straight ahead. The sky opens up and thiny meteors rain down upon the kobolds threatening Cleaver.

[sblock=OOC]
*Cleaver, please delay until after Tamarand, then if this attack kills the dragonshield you're free to go after whoever you want.

*Evo - if Tamarand is targetted by an attack he'll use an immediate interrupt (Storm Soul) to end his thunder/lightning resistance and gain +4 bonus to all defenses TENT.

Minor: n/a
Move: Use Spatial Trip - t'port to 014
Standard: Blazing Starfall Burst 1 centered on P7 - Vs ref (d3); vs ref(s2); radiant damage (1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=19, 1d4+11=15) - Hits D3 ref 21 for 15 radiant damage and S2 Ref 19 for 15 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tamarand —Male Drow Sorceror 4
Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19— Speed:6 (7 on mount)
*Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Blazing Starfall

Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
Bedeviling Burst
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Skald's Leather Armour +1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mount]
Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
*+1 from light barding