[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryryguy

First Post
Round 7

Roswyn is surprised to find herself comforted by the arrival of Tondrek and his pet interposing themselves between her and the armored kobold. "Tondrek, you are a true gentleman," she murmurs to him.

The kobold knight still looks extremely testy though. Roswyn's orb flashes again. This time, the shadows in the back stage area lengthen and writhe around the knight's feet, grasping at him. But the kobold closes its eyes and ignores the illusion. Roswyn concentrates, using the kobold's disbelief to bounce the effect over towards its ally, the wizard, which gasps as it feels the shadowy tendrils constrict its legs.

"Shava, dear!" the gnome trills. "If it's convenient, why don't you blow that silly little kobold a step this way?"

[sblock=Actions Round 7]Standard: Grasping Shadows at L8. Grasping Shadows (Will) on K (1d20+9=10, 1d8+7=15) Natural 1, whoo hoo! and since I'm sure that's a miss...
Free: Orb of Deception to target the wizard. Orb of Deception retarget on W (1d20+9+4=29, 1d8+7=9) Hits I certainly hope! 9 psychic damage, Wizard is slowed until end of Roswyn's next turn.
Reaction: Roswyn will use Fade Away if hit by an attack.[/sblock]
[sblock=Grasping Shadows zone]Note, grasping shadows zone at K7-L7-M7-K8-L8-M8. "Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of Roswyn's next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn."

Anyone able to give the wizard a little push into the zone? And I guess if anyone can slide the knight out then back in... :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Roswyn stat block]Lady Roswyn d'Sivis- Female Gnome Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:25/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:4/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers: Cantrips, Phantom Bolt, Scorching Burst, Orb of Deception, Grasping Shadows, Hypnotic Pattern, Daunting Presence, Horrid Whispers, Majestic Word, Fade Away, Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Shava races gives chases to the wizard but stops short and Rhona knocks him back toward her a bit.

"Thank you kindly." She raises her dagger to try and open a hole through the lizards defenses but Roswyn is faster, calling up a zone of tendrils. Shava smiles, changing her stance and turning her slice into an intricate pattern of movments. She calls forther a gust of wind that slams through the kobold and literally hurls it into the dark area, out into the light and back in again, next to her goliath companion.

"I do what I can."

[sblock=actions]
Move to O6. Which if I'm following things correctly, puts me next to the Wizard.

Invisible Castle seems to have gone down mid roll for me. Yay. Rolling in Dice Room. Please Ignore the roll for Guidng Strke. I missed Roswyn's post, when I first started typing my own.

Thundering Gust on Wizards Square. Aiming down and to the left so it only affect the wizard.

27 Vs Fort. 11 Thunder Damage. Slide Target to M7, M6, and L7. I beleive that should add 10 psychic damage as well.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Shava Devla d'Lyrandar
Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4
Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 12
HP 21/39, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 7/7
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 19
Speed 6
AP: 0

Skills Arcana +7, Athletics +12, Diplomacy +13, Insight +9
Feats Mark of Storm, Sorcerous Blade Channeling, Sure Climber
Equipment Challenge-Seeking Dagger +2, Sylvan Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Safewing Amulet +1, Identification Papers, with Portrait, Waterskin, Sunrod (2), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail (10), Grappling Hook, Flint and Steel, Everburning Torch, Backpack (empty), Arcane Signet Ring, Ritual Book
Rituals Summon Winds

Powers
Lightning Strike, Storm Walk
Guiding Strike, Thunder Slam, Thundering Gust, Sorcerous Sirocco, Storm Power Defenses, Second Wind
Howling Tempest
Full Sheet[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Re-Healing. See my previous post on the subject on why Tondrek doesn't have any left. If Evo's okay with Rhona having sacrificed a HS before the combat so she can be infused now, I'll retcon.

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
OOC: stonegod, that link in your post is wrong... it goes to some mutant high PBP game from 2003. Unless there was some secret code in there explaining Tondrek's healing, Da Vinci Code style. ;)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hearing comotion from backstage, Tondrek trundles through the door next to Talky Gnome to find two more kobolds menacing the others. That's where they had been! Seeing Short Stony Lady hurt, he bleats a Stop being mean! Just stop already! He quickly charged his crossbow again, and shot at the kobold with a stunning bolt! The bolt strikes the kobold's armor. Even though it didn't pierce the metal, the magic of Tondrek's spell takes over, sending an electric charge over the kobold, rattling it's nerves. Soon after, Tondrek's mechanical companion appears next to his master.

[sblock=ooc]I'll let you retcon it, but not until your next turn. Who would like to spend the surge? Keep in mind both are gone again after this encounter, so two more will need to be spent to recharge them.[/sblock]

As the drow darts into the backstage area, he wishes he hadn't. Tamarand's the closest ally to the enemy in front of him. He quickly fire his own acidic orb at the kobold, but the surprise threw off his aim and Tamarand stumbled back through the curtain away from the enemies. The orb of acid flies wide, nearly striking Rohna, before sizzling against the floor.

Brenron moves past the curtain and where the drow once was. Always use the goliath as a meat shield, that's what his daddy always said. A raised harm signal an eruption of light that blasts at the two remaining kobolds while gently bathing Rohna and her spirit ally. The warrior raises his shield and blinks rapidly against the light, apparently the shade from the goliath was enough to keep it from harm. The spellcaster raises his hand, as the dwarf cries out. A dome of scales covers him, shielding him from the holy light.

[sblock=ooc]Miss K. W uses interuppt(yes, again), to gain bonus to defenses, making it miss.[/sblock]

Rohna's skin takes on that steely shine again before anything else. She uses the knights movement to her advantage again, passing around him without leaving an opening. As the scale dome falls to the floor she brings her razor edged shield around at the wizard, catching him off guard, sending tiny finger wiggler flying to the ground marked once more. Then she raises her voice above the spell effects and clashing steel, "One of those healing infusions would be great about now!"

Roswyn is surprised to find herself comforted by the arrival of Tondrek and his pet interposing themselves between her and the armored kobold. "Tondrek, you are a true gentleman," she murmurs to him.

The kobold knight still looks extremely testy though. Roswyn's orb flashes again. This time, the shadows in the back stage area lengthen and writhe around the knight's feet, grasping at him. But the kobold closes its eyes and ignores the illusion. Roswyn concentrates, using the kobold's disbelief to bounce the effect over towards its ally, the wizard, which gasps as it feels the shadowy tendrils constrict its legs. The kobold winces as the illusion enters it's mind telling it just to lie still for a moment longer.

"Shava, dear!" the gnome trills. "If it's convenient, why don't you blow that silly little kobold a step this way?"

[sblock=ooc]That is indeed a miss, and a hit. Your aim may be off though, unless I am reading things wrong. The area should be LMN, not KLM right? Otherwise it doesn't catch the W.[/sblock]

Shava races gives chases to the wizard but stops short and Rhona knocks him back toward her a bit.

"Thank you kindly." She raises her dagger to try and open a hole through the lizards defenses but Roswyn is faster, calling up a zone of tendrils. Shava smiles, changing her stance and turning her slice into an intricate pattern of movments. She calls forther a gust of wind that slams through the kobold and literally hurls it into the dark area, out into the light and back in again, next to her goliath companion.

"I do what I can."

[sblock=Judge]Is there a rule on sliding an enemy though a zone that deals damage? As what's happening above. I believe they get a save to avoid the forced movement, but even so, I don't think they can take the damage more than once per turn. That way you can't just slide a creature in and out of damaging terrain/zones. I'll rule it as 10 damage for now.[/sblock]

The kobolds warrior strikes back with his blade at Rohna, trying to defend it's leader. The blade finds it's mark, but Rohna in the heat of battle barely feels it.

[sblock=ooc]Hits, barely with a 24 for 4 damage after resistance. So it get rids of the temp hp.[/sblock]

The wizard not scared of the goliath shouts arcane words, and rolling fire arcs over the goliath but she dodges the worst of the fire. Seeing the warrior unharmed, the kobold takes a deep breath, steadying it's nerves.

[sblock=ooc]W misses with burning spray. Sustains storm. AP to take second wind.[/sblock]

Round 7

Shava: 15--Acted
Roswyn: 14-Acted
Kobolds: 10--Acted
Tondrek: 9--
Tamarand: 9--
Brenron: 9--
Rohna: 4--

Tondrek: 43/53 6/10(13) AP: 1
Shava: 21/39 7/7(9) AP: 1--
Brenron: 26/44 8/9(11) AP: 1 --
Tamarand: 24/41 8/8(10) AP: 0
Rohna: 17/51 resist 1 all 11/13 AP: 1--bloodied-marked by K
Roswyn: 25/35 4/7(8) AP: 1

W: -58--Marked by Rohna, slowed until end of Roswyn's next turn--
K: -39--
Lime green squares are grasping shadows zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads