• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Stop! Let me do the pressing. I can take more punishment and my mind if more like those elementals then yours. If there is another mind trick I may be able to better resist it. And it's my job to guard the lot of you."

Cairn puts his halberd across his back
"Just to be sure I cannot just knock out any of you. also, you should put rope snare around my legs and if I start behaving strangely you can immobilize me. If not I'll step out of it."

OOC: I'm guessing with more hit points and Warden double save I should be the one clicking at random...and besides most of you have ranged powers while I don't so you'll be safe if I'm dominated...

CaBaNa

First Post
That's the spirit! clapping his hands together once, Elec-Squall steps back to the other room, cutting a lengthy piece of rope.

When he returns he sets about finding an anchor point, May end up just setting a piton,and attaching you to the wall... You know if the trap is different, you may just be held in place for a magma bathe? With another wry grin, the wizard pulls out his hammer, Shall we get on with it then?

Elec-Squall will piton Cairn near to the trap/trigger, but with room to jump out of the way if any portal the reveals itself. Lets say 15 feet or 3 squares, of free movement.

Neurotic

Cairn hovers his hand over Unicorn sign as that was discussed as an option for safe passage, but waits for confirmation.

OOC reminder: it's house Orien, bearer of the Mark of Passage

elecgraystone

First Post
Euphie sighs. "You guys are really a handful..." She moves over to the eye Cairn went to, ready with her tools in case she needed to disable the next eye.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Euphie stands by, and per Elec-squall's previous suggestion, Cairn select the Unicorn. The eye flashes and another teleportation circle is revealed. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief, and Euphie promptly untethered the great earthen warrior, only to re-tether him at the final eye.

The last word, "Shadow", is selected and the wizard is proven correct once again. The eye flashes and the the last slate scrapes back revealing a fourth teleportation circle. All the eyes flash one more time causing both Shannaira and Stasi to sudden fall unconscious.

[sblock=Heal Check A Number]Both party members appear to be still alive, as if they have fallen into a deep sleep. Any attempts to revive them seem to fail. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I spoke with Darwin and Theroc and they are unable to continue this adventure at this time. If you choose to move forward, I will lower the difficulty of the adventure, which could easily be over after the next encounter regardless.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
DelveMain35.png
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
After Filo thouroughly examines his sleeping allies and determines they are not in any immediate danger he turnes to the others. "Well what is next? We take one of these circles somewhere?"

Neurotic

"Edward decides. Maybe we should return these two to the tavern first? If you think we should continue, we can, they will live for few days unattended."

OOC: maybe recruit two more at the tavern? If first fight is any measure, we'll need them even with lowered difficulty :) And I'd prefer to finish the adventure unshortened.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Oh well I uh. . . You see I. . . well no one's dead yet right? I'd say you all are doing just fine then." He wraps his fingers together and try to nod confidently.

[sblock=ooc]It's up to you all. Don't wait for Cabanna to help make the discision because I believe he is detained for the next few days. I'm willing to let you grab two more, just means another delay.[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: we're delayed anyhow and I'm not sure what's with CaBaNa's new schedule (which doesn't seem to improve) - we may be facing an adventure with 3PCs and 1 semi-PC. And I doubt there will be big delay between recruiting and continuing since there's always someone in the tavern.

It's your adventure, if you think we can make it without reinforcements, we go forward. I believe with less players we'll go faster, but may have trouble with even smaller encounter.

That said, we're ideally suited for such - controller, tough defender and two leaders - one of which can go into melee ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads