• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=OCC] I'm with Cairn. If it's possible for us to go forward then lets.

However it seems that I'm going to be only posting once per day until whatever is going on with enworld and/or my provider is fixed. Lately it's been taking me 10-15 min per thread page for them to load.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Excellent. Now we just need someone to do something foolish, like jumping into a teleportation circle.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn'll do it if someone instructs him on which he needs to go :)

I did enough thinking with that security thing and analyzing riddles. He's IQ 8 fighter not thinker or tinker :)

hero4hire

Explorer
"Well." Filo says. "I think we should go together on a circle. Safety in numbers and all that. Its not like someone can scout ahead and easily report back." He then pursed his lips and hummed thoughtfully "The question is which circle?"

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: Is there enough space in the circle to go together?

"Maybe it was made for one. Each circle one person? That needs to be activated at the same time? I'll go first just as in the hole. Come immediately after me. Wizard, could you cast your light on Ghalad Zar?" - Cairn asks offering his weapon

Cairn goes on total defense and enters closest circle (Unicorn one I guess that was last I pressed? Shadow one)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As our heroes gather round the North East circle tension quickly builds. Elec-squall gladly provides light as Cairn bravely steps forward then disappears from view.

Cairn suddenly see himself in a square room of similar build design, but without any visible doors or exits, besides other glowing circle. He stands on the edge of a raises walkway, some 5 feet from the main floor.

Skeleton adorn the room. Some six such guardians are also on the raised area with Cairn, wielding bow, arrows and swords. A much large frame looks up from the floor, with one empty eye socket. Small bony horns line its skull.

On the ground before the cyclops rest a small raised platform. A small table is surrounded by piles of coin, as well as what looks like a large bundle wrapped in cloth. Upon the table is a large leather scroll, clasped with one open eye.

Cairn, distracted by how much to take in is overwhelmed as the undead attack! The cyclops moves in and easily reaches the earth guardian with his towers from. Both bony claws slam in making quite the impact. Each of the others draws an arrow and lets fly, 3 chipping away bits of earth in other areas.

[sblock=ooc]Bad guys win Init! Oh no!

Cyclops moves to H3/I4. Attacks Cairn. Crit! 17 damage

All six skeletons attack with their bows! 3 out of 6 hit, 18 damage total. Leaving Cairn bloodied.[/sblock]

---------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

28 - Enemies
Skeletal Cyclops - H3/I4
Decayed Skeleton 1 - G2
Decayed Skeleton 2 - K4
Decayed Skeleton 3 - K9
Decayed Skeleton 4 - F11
Decayed Skeleton 5 - B9
Decayed Skeleton 6 - B4
24 - Cairn - 21/56 - +2 to all defenses TSNT, Bloodied
15 - Filo
11 - Elec-squall
9 - Euphie

Map

[sblock=Room of Eyes]
DelveMain36.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Room]
DelveTreasure01.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

The center four squares is difficult terrain due to treasure.

Neurotic

You're quickly becoming officially hated DM! What's with criticals on first round!? At least they give me bonus damage by bloodying me. Now my turn! :devil:

Of course, I won't hit so it doesn't matter :)

Cairn takes the attacks in stride, not really expecting this to be easy.
"Moving skeletons? Bah, like moving rocks, just more fragile! Now let's see..."
He swings at the big thing and as Ghalad Zar connects the floor rumbles and cracks open under Cyclops feet toppling it over and squeezing caught extremities.

Cairn moves and on his call dust and pebbles from the floor whip up into whirlwind, obscuring him from archers view.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Earthgrasp strike vs Big One (1d20+9=20, 1d10+5+4=10, 1d10+5+4=11) If hit, he's prone (6 cutting +4 cold damage) and cannot stand up until Cairn's TENT. After that whenever he does get up he gets second damage(7+4cold)

Move: If attack hit, move to H2
Free: mark the cyclops and #1

Minor: warforged resolve regaining 5hp and gaining 5tmp hp

Action point: Nature's abundance covering D2-K6

[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARK: Cyclops and #1)

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 26+5tmp/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 7/13
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
0 AP
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, feat and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike

Form of Winter's Herald
Nature's Abundance