[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Filo jabbed his sword at the skeleton next to him. He quickly found that thrusting his blade at a skeleatal opponent had little effect as his sword passed skittered harmlessly between his opponents ribs.

[sblock=occ]OOC:
Going to go ahead and post before I leave tonight since there are only two of us.

Std: warsong strike vs skeleton (1d20+9=11, 1d8+5=6) That will miss I bet.
Mov: Nada
Min: Nope

**Yea thats a miss**[/sblock]
Seeing skeleton still standing after Filo attack, Cairn decides to clear their side of the battlefield. He slams his halberd down crashing it into prone giant. Stone floor ripples after the slam and small ram-like ripple travels along the ground pushing the skeleton next to Filo into the wall shattering it.

[sblock=Actions]
**Thunder ram assault's secondary is a close blast 3. It originates in square adjacent to you. I assume from your description you are placing it in a way to target skeleton 1.**

Free: mark cyclops and #1
Standard: Thunderram assault vs AC (1d20+9=26, 1d10+5=10) - pushed 4 squares to F7-G8 avoiding teleport circle (doesn't look like it can get out, but why risk it.
Secondary: Thunderram assault secondary vs Fort (1d20+10=22, 1d6=6)

**You can't push someone through difficult terrain (the center four squares). I put him at I7/J8, since you wanted to avoid the teleportation circle. Kills skeleton 1.

Immediate Reaction from the cyclops. Undead Eye. Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**

Move: shift to I2
[/sblock]

The cyclops lifts its massive frame of the ground and charges Cairn, letting loose an unholy howl that seems to fill the room with cold. He slams into Cairn, bone beating on earth.

Another skelton drops its bow and charges in but our heroes fend off the remaining attacks.

[sblock=ooc]Cyclops Charge. 22 vs AC, Hits. 5 damage. Cairn takes 10 damage.

Skeleton 6 moves then charges Cairn. 16 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 2 attacks Filo. 19 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 3 fires at Filo.18 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 4 and 5 fire at Cairn. Both Miss[/sblock]

---------------------------

Initiative!

Round 3

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - I3/J4; -20 hp; Marked
Decayed Skeleton 2; K3
Decayed Skeleton 3; K9
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; H2
24; Cairn; I2; 41/56; cover;
15; Filo; K2; 37/41; cover;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17
Decayed Skeleton
Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure04.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

The center four squares is difficult terrain due to treasure.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
1. No, I explicitly targeted one NEXT TO FILO (#2) sorry if that wasn't clear (it was description, I'll add into action block next time)

2. forced movement ignores difficult terrain ergo I can put him there since it's only diffictult. I couldn't get him up on the platform though. This rule can be found in PHB page 285 under movement and position rules. Doesn't change much, except Filo has no one adjacent. Which was the idea. Skeletons all missed, #6 stays where he is and #1 attacks Cairn and misses like #6. Cyclops charges and hits only uses more movement for doing so. So all is well.

3. Don't forget the damage after he gets up (he should be -31).

4. Filo has no one adjacent because charge requires cyclops to move in shortest route possible to attack which would be either G3 or H3 for its top left corner.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC:
1. No, I explicitly targeted one NEXT TO FILO (#2) sorry if that wasn't clear (it was description, I'll add into action block next time)

**That would target Filo as well. It targets all creatures in Blast. As long as thats what you intended then sure.**

2. forced movement ignores difficult terrain ergo I can put him there since it's only diffictult. I couldn't get him up on the platform though. This rule can be found in PHB page 285 under movement and position rules. Doesn't change much, except Filo has no one adjacent. Which was the idea. Skeletons all missed, #6 stays where he is and #1 attacks Cairn and misses like #6. Cyclops charges and hits only uses more movement for doing so. So all is well.

**I clearly remembered this wrong. okie dokie**

3. Don't forget the damage after he gets up (he should be -31).

**okie dokie**

4. Filo has no one adjacent because charge requires cyclops to move in shortest route possible to attack which would be either G3 or H3 for its top left corner.

**With the new forced movement position this will be correct as long as you choose to target Filo and skeleton 2. Either way the cyclops won't be adjacent.**

Neurotic

OOC:

**That would target Filo as well. It targets all creatures in Blast. As long as thats what you intended then sure.**
How so? I3-K5 blast starts adjacent to Cairn and is 3 squares

**With the new forced movement position this will be correct as long as you choose to target Filo and skeleton 2. Either way the cyclops won't be adjacent.**

If the answer to the question above is not valid, change the order of actions so that shift happens before the attack. That should make it valid. No, Filo is not targeted (or I'd include attack roll) - we don't need extra damage from killing each other.

That said, hero4hire, if you attack three or more enemies which includes cyclops feel free to target Cairn especially if you target AC and I use second wind.

Scorpius, Cairn had 5 tmp hp. The link shows 5 damage, text says 10 damage. Would that mean you lowered damage by 5 so it's accounted for?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
IGNORE ME!

Cause all that makes sense. Of course if you had put your targeting in your actions I perhaps would not have the opportunity to be so silly.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
REVISED!

Filo jabbed his sword at the skeleton next to him. He quickly found that thrusting his blade at a skeleatal opponent had little effect as his sword passed skittered harmlessly between his opponents ribs.

[sblock=occ]OOC:
Going to go ahead and post before I leave tonight since there are only two of us.

Std: warsong strike vs skeleton (1d20+9=11, 1d8+5=6) That will miss I bet.
Mov: Nada
Min: Nope

**Yea thats a miss**[/sblock]

Seeing skeleton still standing after Filo attack, Cairn decides to clear their side of the battlefield. He slams his halberd down crashing it into prone giant. Stone floor ripples after the slam and small ram-like ripple travels along the ground pushing the skeleton next to Filo into the wall shattering it.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Thunderram assault vs AC (1d20+9=26, 1d10+5=10) - pushed 4 squares to F7-G8 avoiding teleport circle (doesn't look like it can get out, but why risk it.
Secondary: Thunderram assault secondary vs Fort (1d20+10=22, 1d6=6)

**Kills skeleton 2.

Immediate Reaction from the cyclops. Undead Eye. Cairns gains Vulnerable 5 to the cyclops attacks till the end of the Cyclop's next turn.**

Move: shift to I2
[/sblock]

The cyclops lifts its massive frame of the ground and charges Cairn, letting loose an unholy howl that seems to fill the room with cold. He slams into Cairn, bone beating on earth.

Another skelton drops its bow and charges in but our heroes fend off the remaining attacks.

[sblock=ooc]Cyclops stands, taking 31 damage.

Cyclops Charge. 22 vs AC, Hits. 5 damage. Cairn takes 10 damage.

Skeleton 3 moves then charges Filo. 16 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 1 shifts and attacks Cairn. 19 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 4 fires at Filo.18 vs AC, Miss

Skeleton 5 and 6 fire at Cairn. Both Miss[/sblock]

---------------------------

Initiative!

Round 3

28; Enemies; Acted
Skeletal Cyclops - G3/H4; -51 hp; Marked
Decayed Skeleton 1; H2
Decayed Skeleton 3; K3
Decayed Skeleton 4; F11
Decayed Skeleton 5; B9
Decayed Skeleton 6; B4
24; Cairn; I2; 41/56; cover;
15; Filo; K2; 37/41; cover;

Stats

Skeletal Cyclops
AC 17
Decayed Skeleton
Fort 13

Map

[sblock=Map]
DelveTreasure05.png
[/sblock]

The outer 1 square ring, is raised 5 feet up and can be reached with an athletics check.

The center four squares is difficult terrain due to treasure.

Neurotic

Cairn tries to free Filo from enemies, but, distracted by the need to keep the giant occupied, he misses.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Weight of earth vs. skeleton #3 AC (1d20+10=14, 1d10+5=7) - I'm guessing a miss :)
Move: stand
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
MARK: Cyclops and #1

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 41/56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 7/13
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
0 AP
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, feat and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike

Form of Winter's Herald
Nature's Abundance

[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo tried another jab at the new skeleton before him but proves incompetent as he almost loses his sword in his sweaty grip.

OOC:
std: warsong strike
natural one for the miss
mov: no
min: no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads