[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

Deimos directs his flaming sphere, but is unable to reach the last undead...
with a quick word another fire blooms next to and engulfing it.

[sblock=OOC]
previous spend HS, thanks, Son of Meepo

move: sphere to 9I (no adjacent ally. Please say if I missed something here
standard: Fire shroud on 6I (vs reflex, only last enemy in area)
damage is 16 fire including +4 bonus.
minor: sustain sphere

-

Immediate Interruption: Shield (if it prevents a hit by a non-minion)
Immediate Reaction: Infernal Wrath (if hit by enemy in range/ not if weakened)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 35 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1.0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Scorching Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud[/s, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Black ichor bursts from the zombie as Deimos's spell destroys it, coating Brondin with its foulness. Meanwhile, the zombie that Bellegon had brought down utters a low moan as it stands again and lunges towards the warlock. Bellegon is unable to twist away from the corpse's rusted sword in time.

[sblock=Actions and Status]When the Corruption Corpse dies, it explodes in a close burst 1, hitting Brondin's Fort with a 20 for 9 necrotic damage.

At the start of Dread Zombie 2's turn it rises once more to wreck terrible vengeance upon the living. It regains 10 hp, stands, and charges Bellegon, hitting AC 22 for 11 damage. Bellegon is bloodied.

Bellegon: 25/50, Surges: 4/7, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail; concealed, bloodied
Brondin: 30/48, Surges: 5/11, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: used;
Deimos: 35/40, Surges: 7/8, AP: 2, 2nd Wind: avail;
Ghourra: 23/42, Surges: 6/10, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail;
Tana: 43/49, Surges: 8/11, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail;

Dread Zombie 2: 10/66, bloodied
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skill Challenge Status]Current Successes: 3/4
Failures: 1/3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shoring Up the Defenses]Level: 5
Complexity: 1 (requires 4 successes before 3 failures).
Primary Skills: Arcana, Athletics, Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery.
  • Arcana (DC 20, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character either attempts to raise a minor ward against the undead, or attempts to suppress the beckoning call of the crystal.
  • Athletics (DC 20, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character realizes finesse is no trade for quick and effective physical labor. The character pounds nails, carries heavy objects, and uses brute strength shove invading zombies back through the doors.
  • Dungeoneering (DC 20, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character’s knowledge of stone and underground construction lets him or her see how the temple might best be fortified using the meager supplies available.
  • Religion (DC 20, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character offers a prayer to Onatar, asking him to lend his strength to the characters’ endeavor and slow the tide of undead seeking to further desecrate his temple.
  • Thievery (DC 20, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character has spent a lifetime getting into places he or she is not wanted. It’s not terribly difficult to turn that concept on its head and use those skills to craft sturdy barricades.
Secondary Skills: Perception.
  • Perception (DC 15, minor action, no successes): The character’s keen eyes help more skilled companions find the best materials to aid in fortifying the temple. A successful check grants a +2 bonus to one ally’s next Dungeoneering or Thievery check made as part of this skill challenge, provided that the check is made on that ally's next turn.

The combat and skill challenge will be run concurrently once again. There needs to be at least one primary skill check per round, or the group will be given a failure.

As per usual, if a skill isn't mentioned, but you can come up with a plausible reason to use it, please do. DC 20 for such skills.

Again, note that the DCs have changed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Info]Dread Zombie - AC: 21, F: 19, R: 15, W: 16
:melee: +12 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage.
Zombie Rotter - AC: 15, F: 15, R: 11, W: 12
:melee: +10 vs. AC; 5 damage.
Corpse Rat Swarm - AC: 20, F: 16, R: 17, W: 15
:melee: +11 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
- Aura 1: The swarm makes an MBA against any creature that starts its turn in the aura.
Corruption Corpse - AC: 17, F: 16, R: 14, W: 14
:melee: +8 vs. AC; 1d6+3 damage.
- Aura 1: Living creatures in the aura take a -5 penalty to attack rolls.

All zombies except the corpse rat swarms have resist 10 necrotic and vulnerable 5 radiant. The swarms do the typical swarm thing of taking half damage from melee and ranged attacks while being vulnerable 10 to close and area attacks.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dusk_e4_r5.jpg
    Dusk_e4_r5.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 133

jsb420

First Post
DESTRUCTION: all allies gain +1 to hit vs enemies adjacent to Brondin
Brondin gains +3 to damage against any creature that damages him (Wrathful Hammer)

Brondin curses as the necrotic energies bombard him, and then hisses as the flaming sphere singes some of his beard. ”Ya durned fool, can’t ya control yer magik play-things? Deimos, you crazy horned mage!” he mutters. He moves away from the sphere and stalks up to the dread zombie and swings his craghammer with all his might. The weapon swings home and crushes the undead’s skull, dropping it to the ground for good.
[sblock=Actions]Summary:
Start of Turn: takes 1d4+8=9 fire damage
Move: J8>G12
Standard: Rune of Diminishment against dread zombie (AC 21): +11+2(flank) vs. AC; 1d10+9 damage and if hit, the dread zombie gains Vulnerable 2 (vuln 5 with AoO) TENT: 1d20+11+2=26, 1d10+9=16 HIT for 16 damage & killing it.
Minor: wipes blood and zombie brains off of his craghammer and Deimos and Bellegon after apologizing. (drinks a healing potion)[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats] Status: Wrathful Hammer: Brondin gains a +3 (Con mod) bonus to damage against any enemy that damaged him TENT
Rune State:
[ X ] Destruction: (Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Brondin.)

[ ] Protection: (Allies gain Resist 2 to all damage while adjacent to Brondin.)

Brondin Hurndin
Level 4 Runepriest|Warden
Init: +2 Speed: 5
Passive Perception:13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 20 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16
HP: 29/48 Surges: 5/11 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:20 Dex:14 Wis:12 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:10

Powers:
Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Weight of Earth, Rune of Diminishment
Dwarven Resilience, Rune of Mending , Roots of Stone , Word of the Blinding Shield
Rune of Undeniable Dawn , Shield of Sacrifice
Dwarven Chainmail +1 (Daily Power), Potion of Healing , Vial of Holy Water[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I explicitly noted that I don't want to end the sphere next to an ally. Can we change the position to 9H, please. Sorry, I have a bad connection on the weekend so I couldn't check all positions.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ghourra follows Bellegon towards the door. She offers up a prayer to Dol Arrah, exchanging some of her own strength for the recovery of her allies.

[sblock=Actions]Move: G11
Standard: Healer's Mercy (Bloodied allies within a close burst 5 of G11 spend a surge and heal an additional 8 hp). Ghourra is weakened until the end of her next turn.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
GM: Mea culpa on the Flaming Sphere placement. No damage to Brondin. I'll also let jsb420 take back the use of the healing potion.

As Bellegon and Ghourra approach the door, they see the massive horde of undead, for the moment held at bay by Tana's wards. However, they also notice a much more welcome sight: that of the first light of dawn. The zombies collapse as they are touched by the sun's pale rays. Soon the temple is no longer surrounded by the walking dead. It's not exactly pleasant being surrounded by the inanimate dead either, but it's still an improvement. Mostly.

[sblock=Status]
Bellegon: 45/50, Surges: 4/7, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail; concealed
Brondin: 30/48, Surges: 5/11, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: used;
Deimos: 35/40, Surges: 7/8, AP: 2, 2nd Wind: avail;
Ghourra: 23/42, Surges: 6/10, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail;
Tana: 43/49, Surges: 8/11, AP: 0, 2nd Wind: avail;

Skill Challenge Status: Success!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Give me five minutes to catch some breath and I will be on my way. Thanks that you trusted my expertise enough to stay with me. I'm honored to know you all!" Deimos says, leaning on his staff.

[sblock=OOC]

short rest then next skill challenge?

-

Immediate Interruption: Shield (if it prevents a hit by a non-minion)
Immediate Reaction: Infernal Wrath (if hit by enemy in range/ not if weakened)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 35 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 1.0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 6 / 8