Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=More Metagaming]I fully agree that this feels like a boss fight, and I intend to drop my daily if I need to, but my concern is: what if Marley isn't gone yet (this is just the Echo that spawns while the ritual is being performed), and we go to save him? That fight definitely has the potential to be very difficult as well, and I don't really want to go into it with no dailies left.

Of course, if we don't survive this fight, it doesn't really matter what else is waiting for us ;) I'll use my daily and all my LoH if I need to, as I said :)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC metagaming]
Good advice JNC. Unfortunately, I think two of us have already used our big attacks, one of which failed (mine). l'll keep that in mind in future encounters. Thanks, Dimsdale.
[/sblock]

"I can see!" Kruk surveys the battle and notices if Les moves a little to her right and he moves to where she was, that both would have the advantage in attacking Marley. Was she blinded too? Yes, it looks like shes still feeling the affects. Kruk shouts, "Les, Marley is close to you. Move a step to your right...You'll have to kick a little rubble out of the way to get your stance...then swing away with that wicked spiked ball of yours!"

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les has no desire to let the monster anywhere near her. As it gets closer, she backs away, moving to keep it at range. She listens to Kruk's directions and shakes her head. "No, I still can't see it! I don't want to hit someone else by accident. Raiyek, cut that monster for me! If we ever see Marley again, remind me to never give him a reason to fight us. Although if you recall what that wizard said, the echo's strength doesn't reflect the strength of the person who it came from.."

"Oh, and Raiyek, I swear if you fall down on the job I will show you the other uses for this weapon." Even blinded, a crazed grimace spreads over Les's face. As she moves back, her vision starts to come back and she lets out a shout of success.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
Quick post to keep game moving.
Standard:Commander's Strike: Raiyek v. Marley +3 dmg
Move: D6
Minor: Inspiring Word, Raiyek 6 Lucky!
Save: 12
[/sblock]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Notes: Blinded, -5 to hit.
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk hears Les and understands. Watching her step back, Kruk races towards her vacated spot at D5. He then turns to the echo and swings with all of his might "I see you now...let me wipe that smirk off your face with my axe!" He swings

[sblock=actions]
movement: E7 to E6 to D5: flanking the echo with 7-Rabbitt
action: Brute Strike: 1d20+7+2 = 11 miss

arrrgghh!

minor: second wind for 7 points and +2 saving throws
[/sblock]

Kruk misses badly but regroups and swings again:

[sblock=action point]

action: Brute Strike: to hit: 1d20+7+2 = 21

oh yeah! (hopefully)

damage: 3d12+4= 24

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: (used), Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOP: Dimsdale, you forgot to add +1 to "to hit" from Les' tactical presence as you can see her when you used your action point to attack.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek grins in vicious satisfaction as Les gives him an opening to attack. "Don't worry, my dear - I wouldn't miss out on the defeat of this fiend because of mere physical discomfort."
[sblock=Commander's Strike]Heal a total of 12 from Les' Inspiring Word, bringing me to 25/27.

Melee basic attack vs. Marley: 22 vs. AC, 11 damage. Here's hoping that 22 hits his AC, for both my sake and Kruk's! :lol:[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20(22), Fort:15(17), Reflex:16(18), Will:15(17) -- Speed:6
HP:25/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:9/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Remove ads