Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk hears the thud of Ash's shuriken hitting something behind him. He turns to head south, bumping briefly into Les. Moving a little to her left, Kruk takes three strides, and then stops. Without warning he swings his axe to where he thinks Marley is located.

[sblock=actions]
movement: d1 to e6 to e7 to e8 to e9.
attack: reaping strike: to hit: 1d27-5 (blind)+2 (flank) = 10

4 points damage on the miss

Kruk marks the echo.

save vs. blindness = 14
[/sblock]

Kruk scores a minor hit and his vision is restored.

[sblock=stat block]
current hp: 22
affects: blinded -5 to hit

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: (used), Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Feeling Raiyak brush past him, 7 Rabbit stumbles forwards. "That was him! He was right in front of me!" He enters the space that the paladin vacated and flails about, trying desperately to hit something. One of his arms thumps into a chair and he spins around; his other arm brushes Marley and he reflexively lets loose a blast of force, which bypasses the monster completely and narrowly misses Kruk on its way to slamming into the wall.

Suddenly the dark cloud is gone from his eyes and he finds himself staring past the creature at Kruk, who is glaring at him. "What? Is something the matter?"

[sblock=OOC]
Kruk, I don't think you had flanking since Raiyek had already left that spot. Not that it matters since you missed anyway.

Move: to C7, flanking with Kruk
Standard: Eldritch blast, 8 to hit, provokes an OA

Save: 18
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOP: rulings= sorry:.-(, Dimsdale, but second wind doesn't help against saves atleast not acording the PHB and on that note, PierceSG, the second wind defense bonus only last one turn and, JNC, I judge that you interrupt his turn if he triggers your readied action's trigger.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Don Incognito]This really has nothing to do with the fight, but I thought I'd mention it before I forget (again) ;)

Assuming we survive and have time to search Marley's vault, do you think there's a possibility that there would be a fullblade in there? Not a magical one (unless you were planning to give me one :D), but just so I don't have to worry about buying one once I hit 2nd level, haha. If you don't think he'd have a non-magical fullblade, no worries :)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOP: rulings= sorry:.-(, Dimsdale, but second wind doesn't help against saves atleast not acording the PHB and on that note, PierceSG, the second wind defense bonus only last one turn and, JNC, I judge that you interrupt his turn if he triggers your readied action's trigger.

[sblock=OOC]
Got it Ozymandias79. Thanks. I'll make a note of it in the future. Hopefully a 12 will save vs. blindness. :heh:

JNC, you're right. Wow, What was I thinking. I didn't think about Raiyek's movement. My bad. Don I is so good about updating map movements between everyone's attack that I just went with what the last map showed. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again too.

I know I've made a lot of errors during this encounter. I appreciate everyone's patience and constructive comments. I've learned a lot.

[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]My GAWD. The dungeon master doesn't post for a day and the game IS TEARING ITSELF APART.

The shuriken hits, but I'm too lazy to update damage or post some combat flavor text. Kruk made his save and is not blinded.

As to why I've been busy, I have a big date tomorrow, which will probably end happily, if you catch my drift. I'd say that the "grandma" rule applies, but as far as I know my grandmother was a big fan of penetration.[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post

OOC=Thanks but did I use the bonus more than 1 time?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC=Thanks but did I use the bonus more than 1 time?
I believe Ozy is referring to the +2 to defenses from second wind, which it looks like you've forgotten to remove since you used your second wind. :)

Yes, Don I, without your guidance we are utterly lost! You don't need that date, just hang out with us! We need you more! :p [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
As to why I've been busy, I have a big date tomorrow, which will probably end happily, if you catch my drift. I'd say that the "grandma" rule applies, but as far as I know my grandmother was a big fan of penetration.

[sblock=ooc]
Dimsdale saves vs replying with an inappropriate post: 14.

I agree with Lord S. This is much more important than a date. Go ahead and "tie the knot." You'll find that all of the stuff you are talking about abruptly comes to an end, giving you more time to focus (and rightfully so) on pbp games. :)
[/sblock]

Kruk can see again. Curse that foul fiend. Do I have to close my eyes everytime he attacks! He quickly scans the area and relates lets everyone know where the fiend is located in regards to their current position. (ooc...then waits for the dm to return to his more important duties ;))

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I believe Ozy is referring to the +2 to defenses from second wind, which it looks like you've forgotten to remove since you used your second wind. :)

Yes, Don I, without your guidance we are utterly lost! You don't need that date, just hang out with us! We need you more! :p [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me about that. Not very good at remembering all these temporary stuff. :p[/sblock]

Remove ads