Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Do we get a short rest here as we're searching?

I can't decide whether I should spend 2 or 3 surges ... Spending 3 would only waste 1 hp, but then I only have 4 surges left. Thoughts?[/sblock]
Leaning against the wall for a moment, Raiyek closes his eyes and takes a couple deep breaths.

After he's caught his breath again, he inspects his injuries, binding them where necessary. "Well, shall we see if there's anything that could aid us in rescuing Marley?" he asks. With that, the elf moves to inspect the two bodies in the room, as well as Marley's vault, seeing if there seems to be anything of value for the coming fight.
[sblock=Perception]Perception for search (1d20+10=17). Bah, should've taken 10. Anyone feel like helping? :)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk feels better now after tending to his wounds. He then inspects the walls to see if there is an hidden openings.

[sblock=actions]
3 healing surges to reach max hp.
perception check: 14
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Marley's vault has been emptied save for two items. The first is a spiked chain whose spikes appear to be made of some sort of bone or ivory. Closer inspection reveals that each individual link in the chain is engraved with a single letter, spelling out the same phrase over and over again over the length of the weapon; Old Victory. There is a card in front of the weapon, written in Marley's handwriting.
[sblock=The Note]Old Victory

Old Vic, the eternal reptilian beast of the sewers, was first slain by Five almost a decade ago. They brought the thing's body back into town, delivering it to a local tavern so the barkeep could proudly display its hide as a trophy. The bartender send the beast to a tanner, and once the skin was properly removed and cured, the remains were to be disposed of. A dwarven smith took notice, however, and was able to procure all of Old Vic's teeth. Via advanced metallurgy, he was able to smelt the teeth into the iron.
[/sblock]
The second item a wicked curved dagger made of jet black steel. Another card sits in front of it.
[sblock=The Note]Hzakan Shadow Blade

Trained Hzakan assassins were generally issued these daggers in able to ensure their kill. The metal used in its creation is only available deep in Allaria, so these daggers are hard to come by outside of its borders. A Hzakan assassin would sooner give up his life than give up his weapon.
[/sblock]
Fat Tom has nothing of interest on his person other than the note from Marley and five pieces of silver.

The gnoll is wearing leather armor and has a rather large sword strapped to its back. The blade is crude and jagged, but looks very, very sharp (read: non-magical fullblade).

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn walks over to Fat Tom's body, took the 5 silver pieces, placing 1 each over his eyes and the rest inside Tom's hands. "Rest in peace my friend, we'll avenge your death soon." whispers Ashurn.

[sblock=OOC]I assume Ash is at 1/24 HP?[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]I'll too start searching the room and the vault, hopefully not missing out anything in there. Search 1d20+5=25
As well as spending 4 Surges of my remaining 6 to heal up to full hit points.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Active Mini Stat]
Ashurn Dhara (Ash)
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12
Amount of Surges: 2/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+0), Fortitude: 12(+0), Reflex: 17(+0), Will: 14(+0)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Expended
Shurikens: 10/10

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
[Expended]Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
The gnoll is wearing leather armor and has a rather large sword strapped to its back. The blade is crude and jagged, but looks very, very sharp (read: non-magical fullblade).
:D Thanks, man.

Congrats to Les and Ash on their scores, too. They both look like fun. What are the stats on those puppies?[/sblock]
Raiyek eyes the gnoll's oversized sword for a couple moments, wondering how such a blade could ever be used effectively. Curiosity overcomes the elf, however, and he picks up the blade and gives it a few practice swings (far from the others). The blade is a bit clumsy in his unaccustomed hands, but he's surprised by the apparent accuracy and power of the sword. "Hmmm ... maybe with some practice ..." he muses aloud, as he takes the sheathe off of the gnoll, strapping it across his back. He sheathes the blade, then practices drawing it once. Already the vicious sword is beginning to feel more comfortable in his hands. A sudden smile splits his face and he says, with more determination, "Definitely. Need more practice, but definitely."

Once the others have also acquainted themselves with their new weaponry, Raiyek asks, "Are we ready to set out? I pray we're not too late for Marley ... Ash, you said you knew where this Hyann usually hides out?"
[sblock=Rest]I'll spend 3 surges, healing me to full hit points.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:4/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
The exotic weapon immediately catches her eye and she stalks over to it. Pale yellow hands lift the coils from where they lay across the shelf. Les runs her fingers over the lettered engravings and whispers the word to herself. She finally lifts the card to look at what is written and grins. "So, this is the remains of a legend? Marley sure has some interesting connections. I wonder where he found this...If he's still alive I'll have to ask. Hopefully he won't mind me borrowing this beautiful weapon."

[sblock=OOC]
XD XD XD XD XD XD :D
Thanks Don!
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Hearing Les' question, "Yes, I know where that rodent, Hyann, hides." Apparently loathing to even speak the name. "And this dagger....the perfect weapon to stick into the heart of a rodent." Eyes on the dagger, as Ash approaches the stand and picks up the jet-black dagger that threatens to suck in the light.

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=Old Victory]+1 Communal Spiked Chain
840 g
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage
Critical: +1d6
Power (At-Will): Free Action. Use this power after an ally within 20 squares of you makes a d20 roll. Add a +1 power bonus to that roll. You can do this a number of times per day equal to the enhancement bonus of this weapon (1).[/sblock]
[sblock=Hzakan Shadow Blade]+1 Subtle Dagger
680 g
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage
Critical: +1d6
Property: Deal extra damage equal to this weapon's enhancement bonus (1) when attacking with combat advantage.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
There are other cards within the vault, denoting the various missing trinkets and treasures. One in particular, though, catches your eye.
[sblock=The Note]Armor of Ollam Throndae
This exquisite suit of black iron plate was crafted at the behest of the late Ollam Throndae, human paladin of Lauto and Dauntonian ambassador to Bacarte. The proud man claimed that it protected him from both the forces of darkness and the fires of hell, but it did him little good when the hobgoblins poisoned his wine.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk smiles as the rest of the party inspects their new equipment. He then looks proudly at his suit of armor he is wearing, the last traces of red flame flickering out, now totally jet black again, with a couple of battle scars from the dreaded echo. "Well everyone, we've definitely reaped some rewards for our hard work. Let's use them to end this madness for good...at least around here anyway." He then thinks to himself, I wonder if I'll find a good sturdy shield and one-handed axe. I have a feeling that I wont be using this big axe forever, although it's very good to me. A smile appears on his face as he remembers an attack not too long ago on an orc who made a mistake of turning his back on him in battle. He stares at his axe and says out loud "Maybe I wont give you up."

[sblock=ooc]
I'm leaning towards playing the roll of a guardian fighter. Has anyone ever changed their mind while playing a specific type of class for another type of the same class without starting over, rolling a new (In my case) fighter? If this is not the place to ask this I can ask in a different chat. I thought I'd bounce the idea off all of you first. Thanks.
[/sblock]

Remove ads