Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm leaning towards playing the roll of a guardian fighter. Has anyone ever changed their mind while playing a specific type of class for another type of the same class without starting over, rolling a new (In my case) fighter? If this is not the place to ask this I can ask in a different chat. I thought I'd bounce the idea off all of you first. Thanks.
Well, with the newly-approved lax retraining rules for L4W, you can do nearly a full overhaul of your character before you hit level 2 (or when you level up to 2nd level). You can basically change everything except race, class, and ability scores, as long as you keep the same general concept.

If we're still in this adventure, though, you'd have to get Don's permission if you did that kind of an overhaul. But with those rules you could change all of your powers, feats, skills trained, and even class feature choice. So yes, it's possible here. :)

Haha, so are Kruk and Raiyek going to switch styles here? :p[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Re: New Weapon]Do we need to wait for the judges approval before we add the items? Or do we add them into our inventory and then as for approval?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]And congratulations to all others whom have received new items. :D To Kruk, how does a offensive-centric fighter compares to a defensive-centric fighter? Other then that, I think I prefer if the player chooses their own playstyle, I don't really mind if both Kruk and Raiyek both are offensive defenders. :)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Do we need to wait for the judges approval before we add the items? Or do we add them into our inventory and then as for approval?
You don't need to get re-approved when you get a magic item, you just add it to your sheet and update your stats ;) The next time you need to get approved will be when you hit 2nd level.

I really like the notes, Don. Nice tough :)[/sblock]
"We should be on our way, friends, Marley may be waiting for us. Ash, would you care to lead the way?" Raiyek asks with a slight smile.

Don Incognito

First Post
Hyann's warehouse is about an hour away. Ash leads you through the city streets, and you finally arrive at the northern docks of the inner bay. The warehouse itself is a big, nondescript building with a single entrance.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]An hour?? Crap ... I hope they weren't doing the ritual already when we fought his Echo, or Marley's likely gone :confused:

Do we want to do any scouting, or just barge in? I think the only scoutish character here is Ash ... [/sblock]"That's the warehouse, Ash? Looks plain enough ... any idea what kind of opposition we can expect to face?" Raiyek continues moving towards the building as he talks, readying his shield.

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yes, the notes are great! I try to do the same with my game. Its just so....cool to have even minor ties to other aspects of the setting. We now have a dagger tied to the mainland, a chain tied to the immortal legends of Old Vic, and armor tied to...uhm, my knowledge of the setting is still weak. haha.

Anyway, I love it! I have a bloody chain made from the biggest' croc in the island! And it totally, kinda sorta, fits Les's whole ex-pirate theme. At least in my mind it does. And that's all that matters mwahahaha.

....end rant
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]A warehouse with a single entrance? Is there even a window that Ash can see through? I mean, I can roll for stealth vs perception if needed just to give us a heads up on what we're going to face.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stealth and scout ahead] 1d20+9=24 [/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Via Ash's scouting, you to piece together a grisly scene within the warehouse; a group of hooded figures are chanting around a large runic circle in the center of the room, and there is a bound and gagged figure in the center with a hood over its head. Muffled screaming can be heard coming from the recipient of the ritual. A pair of gnoll guards stand at opposite ends of the room, looking bored. Watching the ritual from a chair is an incredibly fat tiefling. He is holding a rather large haunch of meat in his hand, periodically tearing out chunks of it with his sharp teeth and emitting cackling laughter.

Map

Entrance is at the south, at I13. The tiefling is B, and the bound figure is M.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les puts a hand to her cheek and strokes it in thought. "So, one entrance with no other decent access points? We can make do with that I suppose. There are only four guards, so we outnumber them. Of course, that tiefling may also be armed. I hope the mages need to focus on the ritual.. Did you recognize any of the people in there, Ash?"

The warlord turns to the rest of the party and moves from where she was leaning against a nearby building. "Obviously, Raiyek and Kruk will enter in the front. Ash and I will take middle positions while you, Seven-Rabbit, hold up our rear. Ash, you should scout around a little to make sure that there are no outside guards. We don't want to get attacked from behind."

"Finally, we don't know how close that ritual is to being completed. Seven-Rabbit, do you think you could figure that out once we get inside? We're possibly facing upwards of thirteen enemies unless the ritual takes the full concentration of the troups inside. If we're forced into a time-sensitive battle, we may want to remove one of the magicians first. I don't know anything about magic, but reducing their numbers and breaking the circle should do something, right?"

[sblock=Init]
url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1988228/] 19[/url]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads