• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Feral Smackdown Battle Royale

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik listens intently as Sturm addresses Rurik. When Sturm finishes, Velbrik furrows his brow and presses two fingers to his forehead, as if suffering a headache. "What?"

Troi said:
"I'm prolly gonna lay low for awhile, rest up an' recover from whatever it was that druid guy threw at me." He says. "What's everybody thinkin' 'bout doin'?" He asks to no one in particular.

Velbrik says, "I suppose we ought to track down the druid. Personally, I think it may be a good idea to check the Red Dragon Inn first; the feral orcs are certainly causing enough of a stir that news of their activities will reach there soon enough."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"I suppose we ought to track down the druid. Personally, I think it may be a good idea to check the Red Dragon Inn first; the feral orcs are certainly causing enough of a stir that news of their activities will reach there soon enough."

"Sounds reasonable, I s'pose." Troi says, nodding. "I dunno if I'll be comin' with ya when ya search fer 'im, though..." He shrugs. "I'll play it by ear, I s'pose... if I'm well enough ta go, I might come along, but even then, I might not..."

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"I would like to aid thee in thine search for the vile creature." Sir Ishmael piped in (as dignified as a 3 foot Paladin could be) "I have sworn oath to inflict Divine Retribution upon his dark soul "

OOC: I think Sir Ishmael, being more familiar with the Roadwardens, would give his gold (160, to be exact) to the Orphans-of-the-Road. If we pass by a station, consider the gold donated.

Since everyone is placing their transactions here, I might as well do the same.

Buy Wand of Cure Light Wounds 750
Buy Mail Hauberk (MW) 250
Buy Scalemail Barding 100
Buy Cold Iron Darts (4) 004
Reforge Violet into Masterwork Warhammer 312

Tithe 160

Sell Studded Leather 12.5
Sell Leather Barding 10

The look of a Feral Orc when it realizes that it was killed by a Halfling: Priceless :)

Current+Sale-Purchase=370gp 55sp 49cp

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Guilt Puppy said:
Grinning with enthusiasm, he approaches Rurik, trying to look serious for a moment.

"Ye a gamblin' sort, Rurik? Not'n I mean'n play games with me firs' sign o' loot in an age... What I mean's like, say ye're at stones, 'n ye've got it all at line, 'n ye manage'n pull face 'n double yer ever'thin'... Do ye say kvitye on yer luck 'n head home, 'r do ye go an' put yer ever'thin' back at again?"
"Well, way I sees it, stumps like us was meant ta fight, mine, DRINK, n' smith. Good luck er bad, we're bound ta go from one ta the other. T'aint like gamblin', as such. S'what we do. Or, ta look at't askance, we dun help BUT gamble, e'ery time we steps up. Course, it dun hurt ta give thanks ta yer deetie when's over, as ya got ta live another day. Me, I dun need ta chase no druid. S'smith'n time, fer me." Rurik pauses to indicate his waraxe.

"'s been said at me what 'at second sort's got no smarts fer bettin', 'cause o' some reason what ne'er made much sense at me. See, 'ese wags say ye're like'n lose event'lly, 'n then ye're fresh out, but what they ain' though 'bout's say: What if'n ye jes' keep on with winnin'?"
"An' I ne'er ken much about bett'n, so I dun know. S'a good thin' ta think about's alon' to drinkin', though. What I was fixin' ta do shortly, n'case ye were wantin' ta shut yer philosophizin' yap fer a vexin' minute n' join me, Sturm Gerwycht." He takes a big swig from the clay jug and holds it out to Sturm, smiling.

[Okay, for lack of a better place to post it, Rurik's turning in the MW handaxe for 153, and his chain shirt for 50, which added to 1600 in loot and 59 more he had on hand, makes 1862; and with that, he's picking up the +1 chainmail (1300) he's had his eye on at the Axebender family forge, with more than enough left over to start work on a MW dwarven waraxe (I can start a thread for the rolls if need be, or link to a generator).]

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
All of the purchases look fine, folks.
dpdx: We never really hashed out the time that it takes for crafting. many in LEW seem to be in favor of 'poof' it's done! Talk was made early on of wierd warping time so that people wanting to craft items (magic ones in particular) wouldn't have to sit out adventures due to being busy with their creations...
I am very much against that, actually enjoying the minutae of making craft rolls and having it take game time.As well,if you are going to be able to make magic items for 1/2 cost, there should be some downside. I wouldn't think that your axe would be a problem, so it's finished as far as I am concerned (waiting on the next DM that has you along, that is. He/she might have a problem with it, everyoneis different).

Kahuna Burger said:
but were they converted agaisnt their will?

As far as you know, Orcs do not naturally worship Kroggoth.

And yeah, I knew the monks would want their dead, thats why I meantioned diplomacy (appealing to their greater responsibilty to the world and the chance to do more for future unfortunates, it should not be impossible by any stretch, though if this is a particularly worldly/selfish bunch of monks, she might have better luck with the roadwardens) rather than just trying to walk out with a body. :rolleyes:

Rolled you a Diplomacy Check;Roll 3+Skill 3= 6.The Roadwardens might be a better try, seeing as they have only had their dead one day and they are most likely not as-of-yet buried.

Not to be ungreatful for your efforts to make the game more interesting, but if this exists, it exists in LEW, and should be part of the world that Kirin's training to protect and learn occured in. (I'll let another judge take up the jump from "srd only" to "not even OGL"

I'm not sure of the actual inference from this statement,but then again, it doesn't realy matter at this point.If a Judge was actually following this game/these games, they should/could have raised issues with the inclusion of the Vile and/or Homebrew Spells/Rituals.As it happens, I never once saw any notation from any other Judge regarding the adventure (or an email),and I am not even sure if any of those listed was following the adventure.
I read the games that I am Judging, though it took quiite a bit of backlog reading in one case.

Perhaps my inclusion of non SRD has ruffled a few feathers, I have seen a few folks make 'him/haw' posts in discussion and elsewhere. This, combined with a few other factors has caused me to reach the decision to scale back my LEW gaming. I am a bit disappointed at the speed that the other LEW games advance, or rather,fail to advance.

-Ron/Uriel

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Uriel said:
I am a bit disappointed at the speed that the other LEW games advance, or rather,fail to advance. This will most likely be my last DMed game for a bit, so I hope that you folks enjoyed it.

-Ron

Noooooooooooo!

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Lol. That sounded bad in the wrong context.
To clarify...
Noooo! ---> This will most likely be my last DMed game for a bit,

Thus:

nimisgod---> Enjoyed Uriel's game a lot

Keia

I aim to misbehave
WizWrm said:
"Shall I keep this wand, then, or would one of you like to hold it? It was bought secondhand with shared treasure; there are 20 charges left.**"

Out of Character

It started with 25, right?

"Well," Thurgan thought for a moment, "As long as we're travelin' ta'gether, I don't mind ya carryin' it. Ya can use it better'n I can."

Thurgan inspected the dwarven waraxe from the wall that he had slung on his belt, looking at it appraisingly and comparing it to his own. Particularly, he looked for the smithy mark to see if this was one of his own or, rather, his former masters (which he had done). Thurgan then looked to the other group, noticing a dwarf among them for the first time.

Thurgan accepted the reward with a grunt and a nod of thanks, then looked to the others for what the next step was.

OOC: Yeah, the wand of CLW started with 25 charges. The holiday weekend made for some down time from posting, I apologize.

Thurgan had 737 gp, 7 sp, 9 cp and added 1,100gp to that total.

Last edited:

Remove ads