Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
"Why it would be a number of years before this creature will even grow to be as large as your or I. I have the word of Threehammers that the spell would..oh, how did he put it, oh that's right, Sanctify the Wicked, their malice and anger would be removed. This creature may not become a paragon of justice or a tremendous force of good in the Isles, but he shall not be a force of evil again" Brother Hiram replies.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Aww, how could he be evil. Look how cute it is. Who is a nice little dragon? You are, yes you are!'' Hadrak beams, petting the the little dragon enthusiastically.

-''Okay, now time to get down to the serous business of rewarding us; Ale! We want ale!''

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn's considerable injuries are cast from his mind at the sight of the baby dragon. He left his ancestral home partly in search of wonders such as this. To find a dragon was almost beyond his ability to imagine!

Dorn steps tentatively toward the creature, his palms facing upward. With a flick of his wrist, Dorn gamely conjures up a small offering of flame and slowly brings it towards the dragon, being careful not to appear threatening.

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot follows the rest of the group into the courtyard, stopping short, stunned at the sight of the small dragon. It listens to Brother Hiram's tale with rapt attention.

"This is truly amazing! What a wondrous creature!" The warforged nervously reaches out with a three-fingered hand to quickly touch the dragon between its wings.

"Why it would be a number of years before this creature will even grow to be as large as your or I. I have the word of Threehammers that the spell would..oh, how did he put it, oh that's right, Sanctify the Wicked, their malice and anger would be removed. This creature may not become a paragon of justice or a tremendous force of good in the Isles, but he shall not be a force of evil again" Brother Hiram replies.

"Threehammers must have truly been a master craftsman of magic. I wonder if perhaps Vulkar inspired this spell. Brother Hiram, might I briefly inspect the diamond, so that I might gain some insight into its working?"

Ingot pauses as a thought strikes it. "But... I wonder, what did Rigas seek to gain by stealing the diamond? Could he have ruined the spell, somehow? Turned it towards his own ends? And how did he achieve his transformation, anyhow?"

renau1g

First Post
Dorn's considerable injuries are cast from his mind at the sight of the baby dragon. He left his ancestral home partly in search of wonders such as this. To find a dragon was almost beyond his ability to imagine!

Dorn steps tentatively toward the creature, his palms facing upward. With a flick of his wrist, Dorn gamely conjures up a small offering of flame and slowly brings it towards the dragon, being careful not to appear threatening.

The wyrmling pads forward gaily, its serpentine tongue flicking in and out, testing the air, and it stares at the flames for a moment, before standing on its hind legs, rearing back, and conjuring a tiny plume of flame.

"This is truly amazing! What a wondrous creature!" The warforged nervously reaches out with a three-fingered hand to quickly touch the dragon between its wings.

The creature's back stiffens and then relaxes at the touch, his wings curling in close to allow the large warforged access to his back. It looks up expectantly for you to continue.

"Threehammers must have truly been a master craftsman of magic. I wonder if perhaps Vulkar inspired this spell. Brother Hiram, might I briefly inspect the diamond, so that I might gain some insight into its working?"

"Ah, this, of course. It is yours, well, not just yours, its part of what we can offer you for saving this magnificent creature." Brother Hiram replies, handing over both halves to Ingot.

[sblock=ooc]
Inside the halves, frost and scorch marks alternate, causing the diamond to be scratched and damaged, although you're sure it is still valuable to the right place
[/sblock]

Ingot pauses as a thought strikes it. "But... I wonder, what did Rigas seek to gain by stealing the diamond? Could he have ruined the spell, somehow? Turned it towards his own ends? And how did he achieve his transformation, anyhow?"

"Hmmm, those answers I can't be sure. One thing is certain, Rigas certainly couldn't transform himself, he was no practitioner of magic, either divine or arcane, nor were any of the men who came here. We shall have to return to Daunton and hire some regular guardsmen to stay here with us, in case others come looking. My belief is that Rigas hoped to somehow delay or corrupt the ritual, although I can't be certain how he could do that. Ah, as all things must in time, I'm sure this will become clear" Brother Hiram says.

-''Aww, how could he be evil. Look how cute it is. Who is a nice little dragon? You are, yes you are!'' Hadrak beams, petting the the little dragon enthusiastically.

-''Okay, now time to get down to the serous business of rewarding us; Ale! We want ale!''

The dragon also warms up to the dwarf, licking his hand after the dwarf is done, the saliva being a soothing warm and cool sensation.

Brother Hiram turns to you, saying "Yes, you are right, I'm sure the late Brother Micah has promised you a material reward for your aid and so we shall celebrate here tonight, then in the morning, once you've recovered your strength, I'll have some more permanent rewards" as he calls over some other monks, whispering to them, they nod and retreat inside the monastery.

They return carrying a large keg between two of them, the monks struggle with its weight, but carry it through another set of doors, Brother Hiram follows. He turns and waves you forward. Inside the other monks finish setting up the keg, and the dining hall lies before you. The monks leave and return with bottles of wine and some food, some dried meat, cheeses, breads, and fresh vegetables. Also, you hear them setting up something outside and see a bonfire being constructed in the center of the yard with some of the debris from the temple and some other regular firewood. The monks are roasting one of the slain hyenas over the fire on a spit, the smell is surprisingly appetizing. Brother Hiram raises a glass of wine as you all settle in the dining hall, "My brothers, these five have done a great service for us and the whole of the Isles. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid, tonight let us honour their heroic actions today." he says simply, calling others for a toast. The party goes well into the night and the monks are still passing out ale, especially to Hadrak, even as sun's first rays appear over the horizon. Ershahz has curled up next to the remnants of the bonfire, his scales catching the soft light of the fire and reflecting it in the area.

[sblock=ooc]
Feel free to describe actions in the night, RP with others, etc.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag sits at the table, simply watching everyone else. Being a living construct, he didn't need to eat, drink anything, or even breath, so he simply makes conversation with the others and speaks internally to Terra, thanking the earth spirit for all of her help in the last battle. Sitting next to Hadrak, Crag attempts to glean more information about his god, Vulkar, hoping to gain a greater understanding of the religion (or at least correct some of his misconceptions of the religion) and perhaps gain a clue as to how he came to be what he is and why he has a connection to the earth.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak happily drinks the warforgeds share and leaves Skaliss to eat their share too. He makes numerous toasts. To victory, to Ershahz the dragon, to his comrades, to Eefaystos, then to Vulkar , then to the Great Forger, to the quality of the ale, to more adventures... People who try to keep up with the toast soon find themselves drunk while Hadrak is still trying to find new things to toast.

-''Hum... Ah! I didn't toast our hosts.'' Hadarak exclaims happily to the dismay of several other drinkers.

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn holds his tankard awkwardly - from his infrequent sips and generally sour expression immediately after imbibing, one gathers that Dorn isn't much of a drinker.

Nevertheless, he smiles broadly at the others, and after Hadrak's toast offers one of his own.

"To new friends," he says, somewhat tentatively.

"To new friends, hard-won in battle!" he says, getting the hang of it.

Remove ads