Adventure: Fire and Ice

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Awesome, even max damage may have been worth it for Crag to pull off that wickedness.. I really put Rigas between a Crag and a hard place, eh? lol Funny enough, I had even thought about retraining that daily power, since I hadn't ever really seen a use for it... now I do. Still thinking about retraining it to another daily... but we'll see how this works out [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, it seems like an awesome combo to use with another defender!

Rigas may still have some tricks up his sleeve, though...[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot watches as Crag calls on the earth spirits and his appearance transforms. Impressive, the warforged priest thinks. We are fortunate to have such a mighty ally! Wanting to help keep him in the fight, Ingot beseeches Vulkar to repair his ally once more.

Ingot follows cautiously behind Crag, taking a moment to gather itself. I want to be at close to full strength before engaging Rigas.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Healing Word on Crag: heals surge value + 7
Movement: Move to L11
Standard: Second Wind (heals 6 and +2 to defenses TENT; hp now 20 + 3 temp) [/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19(**), Fort:16(*), Reflex:13(*), Will:18(*) -- Speed:5
HP:20/27 + 3 temp, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: USED
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve

* - +2 from Second Wind
** - +2 from Second Wind, +1 from Skalisss' zone
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Now joined by Craig, Skalisss continues to press the attack. With a mighty overhead chop of his longsword he deals a savage blow to Rigas' shoulder.

"Impressssive Crag, we ssshall crusssh Rigasss between usss!"

Minor Action: Renew Divine Challenge on Rigas.

Convert Move to Minor: Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, +4 damage on next melee attack.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike against Rigas, vs AC, using Divine Strength to increase damage by 4 (1d20+8=24, 1d8+8=14)
Hit for 14 points! Skalisss gains 2 temp hit points.

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:23, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 29+2 Temp/33, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Conditions: inside zone granting +1 AC, +2 Fort while next to Crag
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Sacred Circle USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Dorn's eyes narrow as he focuses all his will, all his power on the remaining hammerer.

YOU ARE DONE!

The shout is only heard in the mind of the enemy, but it is enough to send him to the ground, dead.

Looking over at Dorn, Crag congratulates his ally on a worthy kill by raising his sword in salute. Seeing the others handling Rigas but taking a lot of damage, Crag closes his eyes momentarily, concentrating all of his will on Terra.

"Spirits of the earth, make me an unmovable mountain so that I may shelter my allies from the storm of battle!"

Semi-visible, but translucent spirits swirl around Crag in a tornado of movement, bits of earthen debris floating in the air. Dust clogs the air around Crag and one of the pews nearest to him splinters, getting sucked into the spiritual vortex. With the sound of an avalanche, Crag charges Rigas, longsword drawn back and stony shield in front of him. Crag's chassis is a solid mass of stone and wood, obscuring even the bland features he had before and making him look even more like the living mountain he tried to embody. Slashing downward with his longsword, he cuts a deep rending line in Rigas's right wing and then holds his sword back, point towards his foe, daring him to try to attack one of his friends.

As Crag rushes forward, his blade slices Rigas, but the draconian humanoid's wings react, slicing the warforged

Hadrak misses Rigas with his follow up spells as the enemy slashes the dwarf with his left claw.

[sblock=OA]
No OA here, it'd trigger both of the defenders attacks
[/sblock]

Ingot watches as Crag calls on the earth spirits and his appearance transforms. Impressive, the warforged priest thinks. We are fortunate to have such a mighty ally! Wanting to help keep him in the fight, Ingot beseeches Vulkar to repair his ally once more.

Ingot follows cautiously behind Crag, taking a moment to gather itself. I want to be at close to full strength before engaging Rigas.

Now joined by Craig, Skalisss continues to press the attack. With a mighty overhead chop of his longsword he deals a savage blow to Rigas' shoulder.

"Impressssive Crag, we ssshall crusssh Rigasss between usss!", his blow leaves Rigas a bloodied mess

Rigas steps back from you and opens his mouth wide, a blast of blue fire erupts from his maw and engulfs the area around him, catching Hadrak, Crag and Ingot with its full force, but Skalisss is protected by the massive bulk of the warden. You all feel the now-familiar icy hot pain caused by these enemies.

[sblock=stats]
Rigas - hp 134/134 - 23 AC - F/R/W: 21/18/17
Hammer - hp 60/60 - 21 AC - F/R/W: 18/15/16
Cultist - hp 1/1 - 16 AC - F/R/W: 15/12/12
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Almost there!

Rigas steps back and uses dragon's breath - Vs ref (h); C; S; I; Fire dmg (1d20 11=28, 1d20 11=17, 1d20 11=12, 1d20 11=18, 1d10 4=9) Hits Hadrak, Crag, and Ingot for 9 fire damage

Rigas - 64/134 hp, - Rigas takes a penalty of 6 to his damage rolls TENT (Hadrak), bloodied
Hammer - 14/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Hammer 1 - 11/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Hammer 2 - 3/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Dorn - bloodied
Hadrak - bloodied

Initiative:

17 Bad Guys
17 - Dorn - 5/22+5thp<- you're up
12 - Crag - 31/42
10 - Hadrak - 18/37, bloodied
8 - Ingot - 14/27,
6 - Skaliss - 29/33,

bad guys; hadrak; Dorn; ingot; crag; Skaliss (1d20 5=17, 1d20 2=10, 1d20 4=17, 1d20-1=12, 1d20=8, 1d20 1=6)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn can only marvel at both the power and resilience of his allies.

He tries to will Rigas Down Down DOWN, but cannot overcome the mental resistance he finds in the mind of the enemy (OOC: Chaos Bolt misses)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 5/22, +5 tmp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Cold
+1 AC from even roll
bloodied

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Dorn]Whoa! Careful with the Chaos bolt when there is only one enemy left.

If you roll even, I think you have to attack a secondary target, even if the only valid remaining target is us...
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak keeps pummeling Rigas with holy light and blesses his colleague Ingot with both health and accuracy.

[sblock=Action]
Standard:
Lance of Faith vs Ref 17 (1d20+7=19, 1d8+7=13) hit for 13
Minor: Sustain Astral Condemnation
Minor: Healing Word (Ingot) : HS + 11 (Wee!)
Healing Word (1d6+5=11)

+2 to next attack vs Rigas for Ingot.

I give him +2, he hits with his own power and gives +4 to someone else... It's the circle of life, baby!
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Dorn]Whoa! Careful with the Chaos bolt when there is only one enemy left.

If you roll even, I think you have to attack a secondary target, even if the only valid remaining target is us...
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
No, please keep using it. I'd love for it to bounce around to all your allies the way it killed my poor minions. Yeah, there is a secondary target with it and it would be an ally.
[/sblock]

Remove ads