• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=renau1g](Doh, Ingot should have only moved one square forward, forced the hammerer to come out where we could flank him... oh well.)

The die roll for the hammerer's attack on Ingot shows 12 damage, but your text says 16... which is right? Oh, I guess 16, is that what you meant about "forgot his power in the dmg area"? But just double checking.

Also, doesn't Crag's free attack on the marked target finally trigger? Yay![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Missed this sorry.

I forgot the 4 bonus damage from his recharged power in my damage rolls, so that's why it's 16.

Crag does get a free attack, now we just need a full round action from him and we're good to go
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag moves between Ingot and his hammer-wielding foe, slipping around the side and presenting his shield, in case he should attack Ingot. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with his warforged ally, Crag thrusts with his sword, piercing through armor and flesh. Crag sneers at his foe as he pulls his sword out of his foe, dripping with blood.

[sblock=Actions]
- Move: Shift to K14
- Standard: Strength of Earth against No # hits for 6 damage. and gives Crag +5 Temp HP.
- Free Action: Mark No # if he's still alive.
[/sblock]

[sblock]

Crag - Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP 31/42 + 5 THP, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 12/14
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Encounter Powers: Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Form of the Willow Sentinel (Form of the Willow Sentinel Attack)

Note on Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp:

Warden's Fury gives me a free attack against any of my marked foes adjacent to me that attack any of my allies (as an Immediate Interupt). If it hits, it does my normal basic attack damage, but it also makes the target grant combat advantage until the end of my next turn.

Warden's Grasp lets me slide any of my marked foes within 5 squares of me that attack any of my allies. The slide is one square and it also slows them and doesn't allow them to shift until the end of it's turn (this is an Immediate Reaction).
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Seeing his foe attempt to slip by and hit one of his friends, Crag swings his blade in an overhead arc that slices through flesh. It doesn't kill his foe, but it is certainly enough to make his enemy reel for a moment or two!

"Ignore ME will you....!"[/QUOTE]

Dorn, having recovered from his previous efforts, sees Crag make an opening and takes advantage of it, heaping further pain upon the 'forged's quarry by ripping rather crucial bits of information from the hammerer's mind.

"Let's finish this, gentlemen."

Crag moves between Ingot and his hammer-wielding foe, slipping around the side and presenting his shield, in case he should attack Ingot. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with his warforged ally, Crag thrusts with his sword, piercing through armor and flesh. Crag sneers at his foe as he pulls his sword out of his foe, dripping with blood.

Hadrak side steps Rigas to get a clear line of sight on his cohort and blasts him away. The cohort crumbles to the ground but Rigas takes advantage of Hadrak's distraction to score a hit against him

Ingot staggers back from the blow. Freezing and burning... it thought. What will it be like to only freeze, or burn? I've only felt both at once... twice, now. But... at least once I must have felt fire alone. But I can't remember...

Its eyelights briefly dim, and the flickering energy where the hammerer had struck it becomes a bright flame. It prays aloud: "Vulkar, lend me the flame of your Forge, to avenge the fallen monks of this temple, and make things right." There is an audible click from inside its chassis.

The flame leaps from Ingot's chest and covers its fullblade, which it swings at an arc at the remaining cultist. Unfortunately, the cultist's armor turns the blade away. Still, some of the flames leap off the blade and onto exposed skin, burning him slightly.

Ingot continues to press the attack, but seems drained by its fiery assault, and the hammerer turns its swings away easily. Undiscouraged, the warforged moves to a ready position and calls on its reserves. The large dent in its chassis from the hammer blow groans and pops, moving slightly closer to true.

Skalisss, almost as an afterthought, turns to the wobbling Hammer, but then the white light from Hadrak's blast slams into the hammerer and he falls dead. The paladin turns to confront Rigas for the final show down, swinging his blade at the enemy, connecting solidly.

"Now we will sssee what you can do without your lackeysss!" the paladin challenges, as he unleashes a gout of lightning that singes the draconic warrior.

The lone remaining hammerer swings at Crag, slamming his weapon into the warforged with all his strength.

Rigas continues to stay close to Hadrak, but swipes twice at Skalisss, his accuracy not very goo, nor his strikes very powerful.

[sblock=stats]
Rigas - hp 134/134 - 23 AC - F/R/W: 21/18/17
Hammer - hp 60/60 - 21 AC - F/R/W: 18/15/16
Cultist - hp 1/1 - 16 AC - F/R/W: 15/12/12
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Hammer attacks Crag (not wanting another interrupt) - vs ac; dmg (1d20 10=29, 1d10 3=13) hammer hits for 13 damage.

Rigas moves next to Hadrak, attacks Skalisss vs ac; dmg (1d20 11=25, 2d6=4, 1d20 11=14, 2d6=7) hits once for 4.... *that daily of yours is awesome Hadrak!*

Rigas - 101/134 hp, - Rigas takes a penalty of 6 to his damage rolls TENT (Hadrak)
Hammer - 14/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Hammer 1 - 11/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Hammer 2 - 3/60 hp, bloodied - dead
Dorn - bloodied

Initiative:

17 Bad Guys
17 - Dorn - 5/22+5thp<- you're up
12 - Crag - 23/42
10 - Hadrak - 27/37
8 - Ingot - 14/27, +3thp
6 - Skaliss - 29/33,

bad guys; hadrak; Dorn; ingot; crag; Skaliss (1d20 5=17, 1d20 2=10, 1d20 4=17, 1d20-1=12, 1d20=8, 1d20 1=6)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Crag's HP] You forgot to update my HP. I appreciate you letting me slip by without taking the 13 damage, but I don't think you meant to give me that boon ;) I should currently have 23/42 HP and 0 THP. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]Also Ingot's hitpoints are wrong in your summary, due to warforged resolve it now has 14/27 + 3 temp. (also no longer bloodied)[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn's eyes narrow as he focuses all his will, all his power on the remaining hammerer.

YOU ARE DONE!

The shout is only heard in the mind of the enemy, but it is enough to send him to the ground, dead (OOC: Chaos bolt hits Will 18 for 14 damage. Unfortunately, Rigas is out of range for the bonus attack).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 5/22, +5 tmp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Cold
+1 AC from even roll
bloodied

Encounter Resources
USED Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak misses Rigas with his follow up spells.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:Shift Away L7
Standard: Lance of Faith on Rigas (I take the OA)
Minor: Sustain Astral Condemnation
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=HP]
My apologies to all, I was putting the post together when company dropped by unexpectedly. I've updated HP above. I'm assuming Hadrak will modify his actions accordingly as you don't need to use the healing word on Skalisss anymore.

Sorry :(
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Looking over at Dorn, Crag congratulates his ally on a worthy kill by raising his sword in salute. Seeing the others handling Rigas but taking a lot of damage, Crag closes his eyes momentarily, concentrating all of his will on Terra.

"Spirits of the earth, make me an unmovable mountain so that I may shelter my allies from the storm of battle!"

Semi-visible, but translucent spirits swirl around Crag in a tornado of movement, bits of earthen debris floating in the air. Dust clogs the air around Crag and one of the pews nearest to him splinters, getting sucked into the spiritual vortex. With the sound of an avalanche, Crag charges Rigas, longsword drawn back and stony shield in front of him. Crag's chassis is a solid mass of stone and wood, obscuring even the bland features he had before and making him look even more like the living mountain he tried to embody. Slashing downward with his longsword, he cuts a deep rending line in Rigas's right wing and then holds his sword back, point towards his foe, daring him to try to attack one of his friends.

[sblock=Actions]
-Minor: Activate Form of the Willow Sentinel. All adjacent allies (only Skalisss at this time) gain a +2 bonus to FORT while adjacent to Crag. Crag can not be pushed, pulled, or slid. If Rigas attacks any of my allies, I will use the FotWS Attack (+7 vs AC [+9 with flanking]; 1d8+4 damage and Rigas will get a -4 to the triggering attack roll. MISS: half damage and Rigas will get a -2 to the triggering attack.)

-Standard: Charge attack vs Rigas, moving to M9, hits for 12 damage!

NOTE: Please note that Crag is NOT marking Rigas so that Skalisss's Divine Challenge is still in effect.

HAH! Take that Rigas... now you either attack CRAG, gaining a -2 to attack and take damage from Skaliss's Divine Challenge, attack Skalisss and suffer the wrath of CRAG's FotWS Attack, which will dish out damage to you AND STILL give you at least a -2 to your attack, OR... you attack MAL... taking damage from both Divine Challenge AND FotWS Attack, and take a minimum of a -4 penalty to attack (-6 if FotWS Attack hits), MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What's it going to be Rigas... What's it going to be? Of course... you could just give up now... :devil:

Second NOTE: Crag is now in the area of effect for the +1 AC, bringing him to 21 AC. [/sblock]

[sblock=Crag's Stats]
Crag - Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 10
AC 20 (Currently 21), Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP 23/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 12/14
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of
Stone
, Thorn Strike
Encounter Powers: Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Daily Powers: Form of the Willow Sentinel (Form of the Willow Sentinel Attack)

Note on Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp:

Warden's Fury gives me a free attack against any of my marked foes adjacent to me that attack any of my allies (as an
Immediate Interupt). If it hits, it does my normal basic attack damage, but it also makes the target grant combat advantage
until the end of my next turn.

Warden's Grasp lets me slide any of my marked foes within 5 squares of me that attack any of my allies. The slide is one
square and it also slows them and doesn't allow them to shift until the end of it's turn (this is an Immediate Reaction).
[/sblock]

Remove ads