• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"C'mon now! Don't let some little worms do you in! How will that fair against the legends I've told? Do it for Jynxx!! Do it for yourself! Do it for history!" Jynxx notchs and arrow onto his bow and lets fly.

[sblock=Action/Mechanics]

Minor: Majestic word on Kaey (healing surge + 5 hp)
Standard: Vicious Mockery on one of the halflings (if I can see him... idk where they are on the map), if he doesn't have LOS on one of them... then I'll shoot.. at a snake swarm I guess lol. 1d20=13 and I hit enter before I was finished typing on invisiblecastle.... so an 18 vs. Will to hit

1d6+5=6 for 6 dmg lol and the target takes a -2 to all attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=more planning]Just so y'all know, Az is just waiting for everyone else to move. I've been thinking and I think I'll just be in everyone's way if I go earlier and that would be bad. So, I'm waiting on:

-Kaesysari moving (which basically means waiting for her to be healed somehow)
-Papol to mark them both and shift out, because that's what he said he wanted to do
-Cillani to do her thing (so I don't end up in the middle of friendly fire)

Does that make sense to everyone else? I figure the only useful thing I can do is blast them with my daily, and hopefully just take them out of the action, but I'd hate to get myself caught in Cillani's friendly fire, or cause Kaeysari to take AOO (because she can't shift or be slid by Majestic Word) by moving too early.

ETA: and OnlytheStrong posted while I was typing, so the healing is done, but yea, still thought people should know what I was up to. :p[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC/Jynxx]Don't forget to slide Kaeysari down 1 square to q12 or q14 with the Majestic Word so she can shift away and not take OA's. Also, I don't think you posted your attack modifier for your bow shot on the swarm if the halfling is out of sight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Kaeysari should slide diagonally, not down. My turn to follow.[/sblock]

Papolstaanas shrieks as Kaeysari is surrounded by snakes and rushes in, swinging his little sword ineffectually. On his way, he begins whispering softly, although there seems to be nobody to hear: "You said, I thought you told me, you could help... I need help, now!"

There is a faint stirring of wind, and a few dry leaves float past Papolstaanas and settle, but this is probably a coincidence. Gasping as the snakes close in on him as well, Papolstaanas lurches away from them again.

[sblock=actions]Move: to Q13.

Free: mark both swarms.

Standard: weight of earth on the one on the left. Attack vs. AC, then damage. 1d20+6=12 1d6+3=9 is almost certainly a miss.

Minor: shifty--shift to R12.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:12
HP:28/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Shifty
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth

Gale Strike
Second Wind
Student of the Sword

Form of the Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: If Kaeysari moves rather than shifts away from the left swarm and it makes an attack against her, Papolstaanas will warden's grasp it to P13. That way Azryah, if she actually wants to blow a daily here, can get in a close burst without friendly damage.

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]That actually wouldn't help me because I wouldn't be able to burst them both without taking an AOO if you did that. As long as Cillani moves before Az, Az should be fine.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
All of this is assuming Jynxx uses Virtue of Cunning to slide Kaeysari to Q12
HP=10+12 from majestic word = 22
5 damage from ongoing poison HP = 17
3 Aura damage from swarm P12 HP = 14 (bloodied again)

Minor action: Longtooth Shifting
Standard action: Second Wind. HP=21

Move Action: Move to S12.
I could shift, but this will trigger Papolstaanas's Warden's Grasp.
OA from swarm 1d20+4-2=22;1d6=6 Critted. Crap! Well, damage would have been 6 anyway.

Finally: saving throw vs. ongoing poison (I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to make one vs. attack or one vs. all poison 1d20=19;1d20=13. At any rate, made them both, so no more ongoing damage.

Sheesh!
[/sblock]

Bolstered by Jynxx's words, Kaeysari instinctively steps towards him. A hundred small bites and the poison already in her body, wrack her limbs with pain. But there is something else coursing through her veins competing with the poison. Her skin-changer's heritage comes to the fore, her hair growing thicker, her nails longer, and her jaw jutting forward to give room to the extended teeth that give her people their name.

Her heart pounding, Kaeysari takes a deep breath, then sprints to the relative safety of the smoke. The vipers strike again, biting deep. She brushes them off, then dives into the smoke, where, wincing deeply, she manages to shrug off the effect of the poison.

[sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:15/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers:Cleave, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting,
Villain's Menace, Healing Word

Conditions:
Longtooth Shifting: +2 attack rolls, regeneration 2 while bloodied.
+2 to defenses to start of next turn from Second Wind

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charm

First Post
Cillani smiles darkly and dashes forward to get involved. Lightheartedly she speaks, "Let's show them how beautiful death can be." And as she giggles softly, lightning streaks out from her hands and bolts linger as if waiting for something to entertain them.

[sblock=Actions]
Cillani is moving to s15 and then casting Vanguard's Lightning.
1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=19 , 1d6+4=5 Charm's fail should be corrected lol, let me know if I goofed again lol heh:sweat: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
As the vipers snap at Kaeysari again, a small whirlwind gathers around them and they are briefly pinned to the wall of the hut.

[sblock=immediate reaction]Warden's grasp vs. swarm X. Swarm X is slid to P13. It is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its next turn.[/sblock]

OOC: Cillani should go first in any case, but I think Az can get to Q14 without an AO, can't she? (Getting away again is a problem.)

Mewness

First Post
OOC to Charm: use vanguard's lightning rather than hand of radiance (it's an area power, so swarms are vulnerable to it). You roll one attack vs each swarm but roll damage only once.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads