• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yea, Az running off on her own probably isn't a good idea. If nothing else, she'd likely have the torturer and 1 slinger exclusively on her, and I'm not sure she could stand up to that. She can definitely move up and do something, but I don't think she'll be running around the building on this move.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Azryah could try clambering onto the roof maybe? Although with these stupid snakes around, hard to find a place to climb safely. Hmm.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=rooftop]Depending on the ruling, the rooftop is the other thought I had for Chaku's move since I have a +10 and roll twice. At best, I engage the slinger and we start dancing around the roof, at worse, we both drop 10ft and the slinger has fewer targets to sling at.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It's hard to decide. I wonder if with decent rolls and action points we might conceivably be rid of the swarms in one round, but I have no idea how durable the things are.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=Action]Hmm, it's concievable, though unlikely. I'm going to post my actions tonight regardless. If the blast effect gets the vulnerability from the swarm, I'll be going after them, if no, I'm gonna go say hi to the halfling that shot me in the throat.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It warms my icy DM's heart to see the players thinking so much about tactics, it indicates you are challenged. :p Hopefully not too challenged - I certainly didn't expect two crits in the first round! But it's still early...

I will poke renau1g. Maybe he didn't see that we were trying to get a clarification on his ruling. [/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm just going to go with what ryry said as far as only doing 4 on the blast and not triggering the vulnerability.[/sblock]

Chaku staggers slightly as the bullet bashes into his throat, and nearly collapsing his windpipe. Coughing up blood as he steadies himself, he looks up to where the halfling retreated. Nice shot thigh-high, but you've only made me angry, and given away your position. The massive barbarian sweeps his hand over the ground he's bled upon, feeling the texture of the stones beneath his fingers, their energies, and their fortitude. He pulls upon that last bit, drawing it's power into himself and feeling it's strength within him. Stone's don't bleed, and mountain's do not yield, the hunter has become the hunted.

Chaku dashes to the side of the hut, plants his free hand on the roof, and with a kick, swings himself onto the edge of the hut's roof. Keeping low, he shuffles along the edge, keeping his weight over the wall for added strength. He grins as he closes in on the surprised halfling, a look of fear creaping into it's eyes. Remember me? Lets see how well you do when I'm paying attention.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor Action: Stone's endurance- Resist 5 TENT
Action Point: Second Wind- +2 to all Defenses and heal 8 HP
Move and Standard Action: Double Move with Athletics: S16->O16 and scaling hut->O14. I have 2 points of movement left, so even counting the roof as difficult, I end in O14.
Athletics to scale the hut: 1d20+10=28[/sblock]
[sblock=Chaku's stats]Chaku - Goliath Barbarian 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 13
HP 25/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 11/12
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury
Encounter Powers: Avalanche Strike, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Bloodhunt Rage
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Feral Might, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Howl ruling]renau1g PM'ed me, said he was going to go with the main attack does half damage (obviously), the follow on damage does regular damage and does not trigger the vulnerability. (Hopefully he'll confirm that here in the thread at some point.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Map update]
plantation6.png
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Chaku dashes to the side of the hut, plants his free hand on the roof, and with a kick, swings himself onto the edge of the hut's roof. Keeping low, he shuffles along the edge, keeping his weight over the wall for added strength.

[sblock=One more terrain feature...]
Rooftop - Rooftop squares are difficult terrain. Medium characters and Small characters in heavy armor entering a the rooftop area are subject to an attack: +4 vs. Reflex; hit: Immobilized (save ends), as they fall partially through the thatch (but are caught by the wood structure underneath). An immobilized character can also try to free itself by spending a move action to make a DC 15 Athletics check. (The attack only happens when you first get onto the roof, after that you can move on the rooftop and just treat it as normal difficult terrain.)

Attack on Chaku: Misses with a 10.
[/sblock]
The thatched material of the roof gives way under his weight, but the sure-footed goliath is able to quickly hop to a supporting wooden beam.

He grins as he closes in on the surprised halfling, a look of fear creaping into it's eyes. Remember me? Lets see how well you do when I'm paying attention.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads