Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

ryryguy

First Post
Krassus shrugs. "Not really," he says. "I've never seen him, or heard the villagers say anything about him."

[sblock=ooc]I forgot to mention, while OnlytheStrong is absent, if anyone wants to talk with a villager, I think it's okay to use Jynxx as a "telepathic relay" to get around any language barrier...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=roll]Insight 1d20+1=15[/sblock]

Papolstaanas stares a little frowningly at the villagers. On impulse he asks one, "Um, hello, excuse me, do you, um, know someone called Jaronel?"

ryryguy

First Post
Most of the standers-by look at the kobold with incomprehension or shake their heads no. But one youngster, perhaps a few years younger than Jaronel, nods his head. "Yah, Jaronel, I know Jaronel. He was in school, me was in school too. T'at Daunton lady school. He live at Fulcrum, I t'ink."

ryryguy

First Post
"Perhaps they do, amongst themselves, but I don't speak that much Magari," Krassus sniffs. "And I don't waste time gossiping with my employees. He never interfered in my affairs, so the subject never came up."

Mewness

First Post
Most of the standers-by look at the kobold with incomprehension or shake their heads no. But one youngster, perhaps a few years younger than Jaronel, nods his head. "Yah, Jaronel, I know Jaronel. He was in school, me was in school too. T'at Daunton lady school. He live at Fulcrum, I t'ink."

"'Daunton lady'?" muses Papolstaanas. "No wonder he speaks Allarian so well. And you do, too." He turns to his companions. "I thought maybe he might have come back here, but I guess not."

[sblock=ooc]I suppose we could have Jynxx charm the pants off someone and find out why it's so strange to be going to see the headman, or we could just go and let him surprise us :)[/sblock]

Charm

First Post
Cillani wasn't very personable so she forgoes making small talk with the villagers. "Well I'm up for a good surprise or too. So let's go talk to the headman and see what news he can give us." A large grin spreads across her face as she starts to skip towards the headman's dwelling.

ryryguy

First Post
ok, seems like time to move on!

The group leaves Krassus in the village square and trudges up the hill towards the stone pyramid.

As you crest the hill, you can see that the pyramid is surrounded by thick, impenetrable brambles, at least on the sides which are visible (view of the bay side is blocked by the structure). But a path through the brambles leads to a wrought-iron gate. On the other side of the gate is a pleasant-looking garden consisting of low hedges, topiaries in the shape of various animals, and small patches of flowers. Three wooden totems rise up near the center of the garden. One is about ten feet tall, the other two are about five feet higher than that.

Two stone fountains burble away pleasantly. One sits just outside the gate. The other is at the far end of the garden, close to the wall of the pyramid, where a dark open tunnel enters the structure.

When you approach the gate, a splashing sound comes from the fountain, and a large orb rises from the water. The size of a human head, the orb floats at shoulder height, then spins to face you, revealing the pupil and iris of an eye. It stares unblinkingly in your direction, slowly rotating to regard each of you in turn. Clearly, someone is giving you the once-over.

[sblock=Arcana DC 15 (passive)]The eye appears to be the product of a ritual.
[sblock=Arcana DC 27 (active, trained only)]The ritual is a powerful one. It seems to be a modification of a ritual commonly called Eye of Alarm. Usually the caster cannot see directly though the magical eyes created by that ritual, but you get the distinct sense that this one allows for a more active link. It might transmit sound as well as sight.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads