Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah put a lot of thought into Castofle's question before answering. She was searching her memory for anything she thought might be useful.

"Unfortunately he went into something of a tizzy just before we left, so we couldn't get much out of him directly except that he doesn't like how anyone has prepared zocalti for him since his transition to the undead. We did some research in the library after that. I believe there was something there about another undead who didn't like spicy food anymore after the transition. I admit that I haven't tasted this zocalti myself, having not been anywhere near a prepared glass I would trust, but if it is traditionally spicy, perhaps sweetening it instead would be better?"

She listened carefully as Papol was speaking. The little kobold had a habit of surprising her.

"Yes, yes," she said when he was finished. "That is a very good idea. That could be helpful as well."

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari has taken no part in the conversation, simply standing there, looking tired and slightly ill--possibly from several bouts of poisoning throughout the day.

"I think the best thing now is to get some sleep,"
she says. "Some of those people are still out there, and we're going to need all our energy."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx enjoyed the thoughts of his companions, and enjoyed hearing their ideas about what food the lich would enjoy. He sat down and listened intently, not caring if he spoke or not. The ideas were each well founded and possessed a certain quality. Yes, his companions were doing marvelous.

ryryguy

First Post

Papolstaanas is thoughtful for a minute, thinking of the island as it appeared to him once in a vision, as he was approaching it for the first time. One island, two transplanted peoples. "M-Maybe this is stupid," he says hesitantly to the others. "But half this island is people from the Valley of Bone and half is people from the Kingdom of Jade, right? And they eat different things where they're from. And some of those things grow here, I guess, because of the magic, but they probably use stuff that's already here as well if it seems, I don't know, close to what they would have at home. S-s-so there must be stuff that the Jade people use that's completely unfamiliar and exotic to the Magari even though it grows right here, either because it's been transplanted from the Kingdom of Jade or else it's native to this island but the Magari would never think to, to use it. Maybe Castofle could make something that combines the traditions... Because the head man likes ex-exotic things from far away, doesn't he? I mean he seems to think he should like traditional Magari things but he really, he doesn't."

Castofle nods. "Yeah, that's a good point. For that matter, forget the Kingdom of Jade, some ingredients that are common in Daunton might be exotic to this guy! Normally I think about it the other way 'round, right - bringing new stuff back from other places to Daunton, but it should work the other way too! Although... there's not that great of a selection of Daunton food and spices to be found here in Fulcrum, and we don't have time to go back. So the Kingdom of Jade colony might actually be a better bet."

The chef stops cold, then snaps his fingers. "Of course! That's where he is - Balsamae is at the Kingdom of Jade colony right now! I bet he's found something there that is good with the zocalti!"

"Unfortunately he went into something of a tizzy just before we left, so we couldn't get much out of him directly except that he doesn't like how anyone has prepared zocalti for him since his transition to the undead. We did some research in the library after that. I believe there was something there about another undead who didn't like spicy food anymore after the transition. I admit that I haven't tasted this zocalti myself, having not been anywhere near a prepared glass I would trust, but if it is traditionally spicy, perhaps sweetening it instead would be better?"

The chef nods again. "Okay, that's some good information. Thanks. You know, I've heard the Magari sometimes prepare it with honey, so he might have tried that... but still, maybe I can try sweetening it in a different way. Oh, and you haven't tried zocalti yet yourself? You did bring that one bushel, so if you want, I can make some for you if you want to know the taste."

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Not sure if you have reached a consensus about what to do next?

I will make a post later tonight to help move things along a bit...[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Possibly drink a bit of zocalti in case anyone gets bright ideas for flavors that might work, get some rest, Papolstaanas needs to write a letter, then tomorrow go to the Kingdom of Jade part of the island to discover the brand new taste that will revolutionize lichdom?[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm fine with that plan, though I don't know if we'll be bringing Castofle with us to KoJ area or drop him off witht the lich.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Seems like as good a plan as any. Az knows nothing about KoJ spices though, so hopefully someone will at least be able to tell us what we're looking for. Sorry I haven't participated much in the planning. My big plan when we got back to Fulcrum was to eat something and sleep. Hadn't really thought much beyond that.[/sblock]

"Thank you for the offer to make some for the tasting," Azryah says to Castofle, "but since we don't know what we're going to end up with I'd rather not use any of what little we have at the moment. Perhaps when this is all over and we return safely to Daunton I will come by your restaraunt and taste some. I can enjoy it in relaxation and comfort that way."

Remove ads