Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I definitely want to know what the school lady puts in the zocalti. Lets go there since it's not too long a trip.

I was thinking of having Papolstaanas sell off some mundane equipment, but if it takes much time to do that he'll just carry his old sword and shield around. He does want to post his letter though.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku joins his comrades in the common area and grunts at Jaronel's appearance, "So the Coward returns." Turning pointedly away from the man, he looks to his companions. "Well, shall we get going? Don't want to use up the day."

[sblock=OOC]I'm fine with a quick swing by the teachers place, it's even on the way toward the KoJ side.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Don't be so hard on the lad. He was unarmed, and scared."[sblock=ooc]Nothing much to be lost by going twenty minutes out of the way.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Chaku's taunt makes Jaronel look down with shame once more, but he says nothing.

[sblock=Papol]Consider the letter posted. And you can sell mundane equipment here at the usual 20%.[/sblock]

[sblock=Next...]I have to do a bit of prep before we move on to the next bit. I hope to be ready by Wednesday evening. I apologize again for the slow pace. Just as a heads up, I have vacation coming up the week of July 10th and probably won't be able to post much (definitely if we've started a combat by that point).[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas posts his letter to his mother in Bacarte. He also sells his shortsword and his heavy shield.

[sblock=ooc]Just putting this in a post I can link to. Shortsword and heavy shield at 20% value is 4gp.

I haven't been keeping track of coinage so I hope someone has :) I'm happy in any case for our found coin to be spent on a healing potion or two if there's enough and people want to do that.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, got most prep stuff done... may need to pause briefly to finish up in a little while, we'll see... but we can proceed for now.[/sblock]

Before leaving, Jaronel dashes off to a small hut on the edge of the settlement. A moment later he emerges with a bundle of ratty-looking furs bundled under one arm. "Ohh-kay!" he says. "Gonna be a bit colder over t'ere... you ladies and gentlemen probably be oh-kay, you all covered up, now I got my warm clothes too, ya?"

The group heads out without further delay. The main road out of Fulcrum leading southeast is clearly marked and appears well traveled. It winds through scrub forest with larger trees visible in the distance ahead. Not long after leaving Fulcrum behind, Jaronel points out a track leading straight south away from the curving bay. A wooden post has been set into the ground, topped with a small wooden carving of an owl.

The track leads down a small slope to a large meadow. A small house sits in the clearing; though roughly constructed, it appears well maintained. There is a quite sizable garden set along one side of the house. Across from it is a large canvas structure. More than a tent, it has four sides and a reinforced roof. One section of the wall is pulled back, revealing unoccupied benches set beside small tables, apparently the classroom. Beyond these structures, at the bottom of a slope, is a fenced-in pasture. Several cows can be seen placidly chewing on grass there, and a few chickens scrabble around the open space.

A woman is working in the garden alongside five children - two human boys, a human and a halfling girl, and a young tiefling girl. At the group's approach, she stands and moves in front of the children. She's in her thirties, tall and somewhat weathered looking, obviously no stranger to manual labor, but her sharp eyes gleam with intelligence. She regards the group of armed strangers warily.

Jaronel waves and calls out, "Miss Hyza! Hello, Miss Hyza!"

Miss Hyza smiles and relaxes. "Why hello Jaronel," she says in a warm contralto. "Nice to see you, it's been a while. Who are your friends? And, oh, do you happen to know what happened to the children from Faraldrumi? They didn't come yesterday or today."

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku adds, "I'm sure the bridge being destroyed didn't help" He then settles in behind the group, letting the more learned take the lead, after all, he didn't want to look the fool infront of a teacher.

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah says nothing and merely watches in silence. She didn't want to interrupt the conversation between Jaronel and his teacher, although she did find it interesting that she said it had been a while since she'd seen him.

When Papol and Chaku piped in, she watched the teacher closely to gauge her reaction and answers.

ryryguy

First Post
"These ladies and gentlemen, are friends from Daunton," Jaronel says. "They sent here by the great lady Hedra Silverships, to help her. I'm their guide." He turns to Papolstanaas. "Ya, Faraldrumi is Newhill, the same t'ing. I don't know what happened to the kids t'ere - you were t'ere yesterday, ya?"

After the goliath comments on the bridge, Jaronel says, "Bridge destroyed? T'at's too bad! But kids in the school, t'ey usually stay in Fulcrum with family for a while, too long a trip to go back to Newhill every day."
[sblock=ooc]Reminder: you heard in the village that parents were keeping their children away from the school due to threats from the zocaltipapatlaca. See the end of this post.[/sblock]

Remove ads