Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=more planning]I think we should talk to Bwarli honestly about our concerns--Papol would be happy to tell him why he thought that bringing Balsamae in was a good idea (because it improves the chances that Hulgrimi will be pleased one way or another) but that he doesn't otherwise trust Balsamae's people, so could Bwarli please be on the lookout for any attempts to influence Hulgrimi. We say we're happy enough if Balsamae gets some zocalti prize/trade agreement for his efforts, we are somewhat unhappy if Balsamae gets an exclusive trade agreement or something of the sort (although in this case we presumably still get the restitution we're owed) and we're extremely upset if we somehow get screwed out of our restitution.

Papolstaanas is perfectly willing to try snooping around to find out what Balsamae is using. I'm a bit wary of hanging something so important off a single skill roll that could blow up in my face, but I'm willing to try.

Jynxx could just try chatting with Devin and sounding him out a bit. If Balsamae is as unapproachable as he seems, it's entirely possible that Devin might not even like him that much; Jynxx might try cracking a mild joke or two about Balsamae in Devin's presence and see whether it actually gets a laugh.

Jynxx could also try cozying up to Kanneelas by talking about what a damn fool Papolstaanas is; probably a good way into her heart. Papol would never suggest such a thing, but Jynxx will probably have worked out that he doesn't like her very much by now.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't know if Mewness killed the conversation... but I know that I've been having trouble keeping up the pace in this game. The last few days have been particularly crazy in real life, but I've been having trouble with the pace in general. :( I apologize. I will do my best to get us to the end of the adventure in the next month or so.

I'm going to catch up on my other adventures tonight. I promise to get back to posting in this one at some point tomorrow. Mewness' plans are fine, if anyone else wants to give a thumbs up for them, we can complete this scene and move on to the conclusion of the adventure.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]My telepathy to Jynxx thing was my opinion on planning. Mewnesses plans re: talking to bwarli are also good. I also think the idea of Jynxx trying to be chummy with Kaneelas is amusing.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So, geeze... sorry for going awol once again.

My real life has just been getting more and more busy (we are expecting our first child, among other things). Also, I've been feeling increasingly burned out on D&D in general. So I'm going to take a break from PbP for a while.

I had one more encounter planned, but I think it's better to just skip it - facing the reality that I just can't keep up. I will do a few more posts to wrap up the cooking bit, reveal the secret of the zocalti, and so forth. It may be a bit of an anticlimax as the bad guys are still out there, but I'm imagining you all are quite ready to get into a more active adventure at this point... (I guess you could lobby renau1g to run the last encounter if you really really wanted, but I know he is also posting at a low rate right now due to a newborn...)

I probably won't get to those posts tonight (I also have to catch up where I am a player). But by the end of the week I hope to have things wrapped up.

Once again, I'm sorry to kind of wimp out like this. Thanks for bearing with me.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I totally understand how expecting your first child can suck up your life. Mez and I are expecting our first in the spring, so goodness knows I understand. Good luck.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
ooc: Are we going back to the tavern now? Its been a week since Ryryguy had to go (I wish him well btw). Just wondering what you all are planning...

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It was my understanding that Ryry was still planning to post some sort of wrap-up, so I was waiting for that, along with the rest of our exp.[/sblock]

Remove ads