Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ooops! I'd like to be anywhere I can hit Mud Slinger 1 without taking OAs to get there. At the moment I can only do that by passing an Athletics check for the mud; but if you shift the vortex like you were mentioned earlier, then I'll still end up in the mud but I can hit only 1 square of it so it won't matter if I fail.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas cringes in horror as the hapless cow is devoured. As he is doing so, water rises from the ground, separating from the dirt, and sprays him and all of the mud-creatures. Much of the mud coating Papolstaanas seems to wash away and wet blades of grass cling to everything else.

Papolstaanas staggers back with another clumsy swing--the new hammer is still giving him trouble--but an errant gust of wind propels the smallest mud creature squarely into his backswing.

[sblock=actions]Font of life save vs. ongoing damage: 1d20=17 success.

No action: Erupting font--mark everything within 5. I'll override Kaeysari's mark as well.

Minor: Shifty--shift to L5. Athletics check for starting in the mud 1d20+9=20 succeeds.

Standard: Thorn strike on mud vortex--1d20+8=11 1d10+5=6. I hope this is getting funny for everyone else, because I'm not feeling it.

Action Point: Thorn strike on mud vortex--1d20+8=28 1d10+5=12. Crit die 1d6=1. Total 16 damage, vortex is pulled to K6.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 2
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:13
+2 defenses against traps
HP:33/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:12/12
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Shifty
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Warden’s Fury (immediate interrupt)
Warden’s Grasp (immediate reaction)

Gale Strike
Erupting Font
Second Wind
Student of the Sword (feat)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, apparently I need a vacation or something because I didn't realize that the square Jynxx moved Az to is still in the mud anyway and I rolled ANOTHER 3. *sigh* Sorry for needless delay on my part. Now I understand why Mewness was waiting on me. Oops.[/sblock]

Seeing Papol mostly surrounded, and an opening for her, Azryah rushes back into the fray and slashes at the mud creature which had previously run from her. Pieces of it freeze up and break away as her greatsword slices through it.

[sblock=Mechanics]Athletics for entering mud: 1d20+7=10
Move: To K8
Standard: Bond of Retribution on Mud Lasher 1 - 1d20+5=15+4 = 19 or 1d20+9=15 vs. AC for 1d10+5=10 cold damage.
Effect: The first time an enemy other than the Mud Lasher 1 hits or misses me before the end of my next turn, the Mud Lasher 1takes 3 radiant damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Azryah Mini-stats]
Azryah - Female Deva Avenger (Censure: Retribution) 2
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC:19, Fort:14, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:30/34 (+5), Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 9/9

Action Points: 1, MI Daily Uses: 1, Milestones: 0
Powers: Bond of Retribution, Radiant Vengeance, Frost Greatsword +1 Cold DMG On/Off
Oath of Enmity, Avenging Echo, Enduring Spirit, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead, Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance, Second Wind
Argent Mantle, Frost Greatsword +1 DMG&Slow

Damage Resistence: 6 vs. Necrotic & Radiant

Special: +1 to all defenses vs. attacks by bloodied creatures

Censure of Retribution: When any enemy other than my Oath of Enmity target hits me, I gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls against my Oath of Enmity target until the end of my next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

Conditions: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Actually I didn't realize you were still in the mud either. I was waiting for you in case you gave vulnerability to something.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
When Papolstaanas pulls the Mud Vortex after him, Kaeysari moves down to flank the creature and strikes out, then keeps her blade poised to strike if it tries to move away.

[sblock=actions]Move: to J7
Standard: Weapon Master's Strike vs. Mud Vortex: 1d20+8+2=20 2d4+4=8 Kaeysari does not mark the mud vortex, but due to Weapon Master's Strike gets an opportunity attack against it if it shifts. (this is, assuming the attack hit)[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 1r, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:13, Will:14
HP:28/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Weapon Master's Strike, Reaping Strike, Pass Forward, Covering Attack,
Longtooth Shifting,
Villain's Menace, Healing Word
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, apparently I need a vacation or something because I didn't realize that the square Jynxx moved Az to is still in the mud anyway and I rolled ANOTHER 3. *sigh* Sorry for needless delay on my part. Now I understand why Mewness was waiting on me. Oops.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]I play that when another player slides you, while this is technically forced movement, you (the target) can decide where you want the movement to take you. This is how it works naturally at the table, where the Bard will just say "where do you want to go?"

I was thinking Az would get slid to G10, out of the mud and within easy walking distance of her oath target. I wouldn't mind if you go back and replay starting with Az sliding where you want her (keeping your original roll but getting a second attack roll assuming you do go in for some sort of melee attack, rerolling damage since it'll be a different die). Again, at the table I don't think this kind of confusion would occur.[/sblock]
[sblock=the Vortex]By the way, Kaeysari's attack did hit and that blooodied the vortex.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes, waiting for Jynxx.

I'll try to get an update done except for his move tonight, so as to be able to update soon after he posts. (Or maybe I'll just NPC him if he hasn't posted by tonight...)[/sblock]

Remove ads