• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Spending 1 surge as well. Ready to go.

Spider smiled at Goldenhorn. "I an I issa glad ya feelin just fine now, Gold'orn. Ya fight lika brave man, dis I know. All'a ya done real good, dis da true."

"Grava, let I an I 'elp ya get dis new metal on ya. Mayhap it treat ya betta den da previous owna ova dere."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Spend 1 HS to regain 6 HP
Standard:

• Target:
  • Attack:
  • Damage:

[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 24/27, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Spider smiled at Goldenhorn. "I an I issa glad ya feelin just fine now, Gold'orn. Ya fight lika brave man, dis I know. All'a ya done real good, dis da true."

"Grava, let I an I 'elp ya get dis new metal on ya. Mayhap it treat ya betta den da previous owna ova dere."
OOC: Ready to go.

"Aye, perhaps it might. 'least we avenged tha poor lad. Bein' a sad fate ta die ta some durned spiders."

With Jarro's help, Graval donned the still shining armor, tightening the well-kept leather straps and brushing off the clinging webs. After checking the fit, and with a shift of his shoulders, the dwarf gives the previous owner a silent salute, touching a clenched fist to his chest. "Ye rest easy, lad. 'twas an unfair turn of events fer ye, no fer doubtin'."
[sblock=Graval]Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 31/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 9/12
Second Wind: Avail, AP: 1/1, Milestones: 0.5
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack, Dwarven Armor

Misc: If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he uses Combat Challenge (+9 vs. AC; 1d10+4) as an Immediate Interrupt against them. If hit, and a shift or move action caused the attack, they lose the action.

Conditions:
Nil
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Lord Mallaby, can you still find your way to the next town through this forest?"

"I believe so,"
Mallaby says. "The path is still fairly clear, if we don't find any other wild beasts or worse."

While there are more webs along the road, the only spiders seen are small ones, that skitter away at the first sign of a threat. The forest is thick and overgrown, as it passes through the gently rolling low hills. Somewhat over an hour after leaving the spiders, the trees abruptly stop, and a large expanse of cleared land appears ahead. There is a belt of sod a hundred feet across, then a low wall of piled stones, beyond which pastures and fields can be seen. Somewhat more distant is the higher, mortared wall of a settlement, set on a hill in the middle of the cleared lands. The remains of a stone keep stand on a hill adjacent to the settlement, and a tall wooden watchtower rises from within the village's walls.

Human figures may be seen in the distance, tending a small knot of sheep in part of the pasture. As they spot the party emerging from the woods, one of them begins ringing a bell loudly, as the other shouts commands to his dogs to round up the flock.

Those with keen eyes can spot some bustle on the walls of the town. Then the gates open, and a cluster of riders gallops out towards the woods. Most of them are lightly armed and armored, but their leader is clad in mail and bears a sword and shield.

They rumble to a halt just past the stone wall, and the leader goes forward at a walk, surveying the newcomers.

"Who are you," she says, "who come to Achirem?"

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
[sblock]

"I believe so,"
Mallaby says. "The path is still fairly clear, if we don't find any other wild beasts or worse."

While there are more webs along the road, the only spiders seen are small ones, that skitter away at the first sign of a threat. The forest is thick and overgrown, as it passes through the gently rolling low hills. Somewhat over an hour after leaving the spiders, the trees abruptly stop, and a large expanse of cleared land appears ahead. There is a belt of sod a hundred feet across, then a low wall of piled stones, beyond which pastures and fields can be seen. Somewhat more distant is the higher, mortared wall of a settlement, set on a hill in the middle of the cleared lands. The remains of a stone keep stand on a hill adjacent to the settlement, and a tall wooden watchtower rises from within the village's walls.

Human figures may be seen in the distance, tending a small knot of sheep in part of the pasture. As they spot the party emerging from the woods, one of them begins ringing a bell loudly, as the other shouts commands to his dogs to round up the flock.

Those with keen eyes can spot some bustle on the walls of the town. Then the gates open, and a cluster of riders gallops out towards the woods. Most of them are lightly armed and armored, but their leader is clad in mail and bears a sword and shield.

They rumble to a halt just past the stone wall, and the leader goes forward at a walk, surveying the newcomers.

"Who are you," she says, "who come to Achirem?"
[/sblock]

The dwarf raises his hands slowly, his palms toward the riders to show he holds no weapons. "Easy, lass. No need fer worryin' 'bout us. We jus' be some travel'rs on tha road an' hopin' ta pass through yer little town. Might be spendin' some gold iffen ye offerin' tha opp...oppertu...bah. Iffen yer offerin' tha goods."

He points out each member of the party as he says their name. "Tha tall bullman be Goldenhorn. Tha' huge 'un be Zardi and tha other huge 'un be Jarro. Tha god fearin' man be Eraden and tha skinny 'un be Perin. Meself is Graval. We be travelin' on account o' tha Lord Mallaby," whom he points to last, "and we be takin' him ta get married."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Grava dun speak da tru," Spider added. "I an I just passin thru ta Dayyeh-ahnes Ridge, ya know? I an I ain't meanin' no 'arm for ya an yars."

The slayer offers up his unarmed hands as proof.

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=:confused:] I made a post yesterday that I dont see up now...did anyone else see it, or can I not see it now? Or did it never go up????
Worse case I will re-post but to sum it was fluff with an "I use 1 surge".[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
[sblock=:confused:] I made a post yesterday that I dont see up now...did anyone else see it, or can I not see it now? Or did it never go up????
Worse case I will re-post but to sum it was fluff with an "I use 1 surge".[/sblock]

OOC: Last post I see of yours is the one asking about unconscious characters coming back to 1hp at the end of the encounter.

Almightyfoon

First Post
OOC: Roll Go high cha and trained social skills! Makes up for sub par rolls ;p

Perin walks up to the party fore "Like my Dwarf companion said, we are simply passing through. We were hoping to partake in the wares of your fine city, rest some, purchase supplies and be on our way again with no trouble to either side."

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden places his hand on the mage's shoulder. "They speak the truth." He says as he steps foward. "If you will not believe them, then believe one who has sworn never to speak a lie by oath to Palladys." He slowly lifts his shield as he points to the symbol of a helmed owl at it's center. "I serve her in all her wisdom. We only seek a haven to rest from the wilds."

[sblock=OOC]
I made a diplomacy check and rolled a 28! [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads