Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
The jumping spider hops back to its feet, and quickly covers Graval with a mass of sticky webs. It then bites him, which is annoying, but not strong enough to inject any poison.

The herd spider emerges from the webbing, and bites at Goldenhorn, injecting him also with painful venom.

The remaining venom spitter visible moves up into the webs and spits at Lord Mallaby, who winces as the stinging substance hits him.
Another pops up in amongst the trees to the left and targets Perin, hitting him with a blob of venom. Yet another targets Graval. The shot goes wide, and it's difficult to see where it came from, but there's clearly at least one more of these things out there.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Jumping Spider
Recharge Pounce (1d6=5) Recharges.
Move: Stand from Prone
Minor: Tie-Em-Up vs. Graval (1d20+5=18) Graval is Immobilized (save ends)
Standard: Bite vs. Graval (1d20+8=21, 1d8+6=7)
--Secondary Attack (fort) vs. Graval (1d20+5=10) Miss
Herd Spider K
Move: to M7
Standard: Bite vs. Goldenhorn (1d20+7=17, 1d6+4=9) and 5 ongoing Poison damage (save ends)
Venom Spitter 47
Move: to N9
Standard: Poison Spit vs. Mallaby (1d20+10=25)
Venom Spitter 53
Standard: Poison Spit vs. Perin (1d20+10=17)
Venom Spitter 12
Standard: Poison Spit vs. Graval (1d20+10=11)[/sblock][sblock=map]
SpidersRound2.gif

The spiderweb patterns are cobwebs, and are difficult terrain.
They span from tree to tree, but large holes in them, so don't provide cover or concealment.
The brown circles are tree trunks, and impassible.
These can provide cover.[/sblock][sblock=status]Eraden: Q2 HP 41/41, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused
Goldenhorn: N6 HP 18/27, Surges 10/10, AP 1, second wind unused, Ongoing 5 Poison (save ends)
Graval: O7 HP 13/31, Surges 12/12, AP 1, second wind unused, Immobilized (save ends)
Perin: N5 HP 20/25, Surges 7/7, AP 1, second wind unused
Spider: O2 HP 12+5/27, Surges 9/9, AP 1, second wind unused, Ongoing 5 Poison (save ends)
Zardi: O6 HP 26/31, Surges 11/11, AP 1, second wind unused

Mallaby: P7 HP 21/26, Surges 5/5, AP 0, second wind unused

Jumping Spider: N7 HP 37 damage taken, AP 1, Marked by Graval
Herd Spider B: N2 HP 0/34 Dead
Herd Spider K: M7 HP 34/34
Venom Spitter 12: ?? HP 1/1
Venom Spitter 32: L4 HP 0/1 Dead
Venom Spitter 47: N9 HP 1/1
Venom Spitter 53: E3 HP 1/1
Venom Spitter 83: P2 HP 0/1 Dead[/sblock][sblock=Mallaby]Lord Adelin Mallaby
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 14
:bmelee:Rapier +6 vs. AC, 1d8+4
Speed 6
HP: 26, Surge Value 6, Surges per day 5
Second Wind: unused

Mallaby is not a fully trained fighter. He will only defend himself on his own. He will however, follow orders.
As a minor action, any character can have Mallaby spend an action. He can't use more than the usual complement (standard, move, minor) in one turn, but a PC's minor action can be used for any of them.

Try not to get him killed. He is paying for this, after all.[/sblock][sblock=enemies]Allarian Jumping Spider: AC 17, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 14
:bmelee:+8 vs AC; 1d8 + 6 damage. Secondary attack +5 vs. Fort; 1d6 poison damage and the target is dazed until the end of the spider’s next turn.
NB: I screwed up the block last time. Secondary should be vs. Fort.

Herd Spider: AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 13, Will 14
:bmelee:+7 vs AC; 1d6+4 poison damage and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)
Venom Spitter: AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14
:bmelee:+8 vs AC; 5 damage[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn grunts in pain as he is badly bitten. "Old Mother Flärke, you who are righteous in your vengeance, your kinsman calls! Blood calls for blood--heal your kinsman's friend, and let his hurt be repaid!" There is a shimmering in the air as he speaks, perhaps shaped vaguely in the shape of minotaur, who seems to rest her hand upon Spider's shoulder while gesturing fiercely with the other. There is a sudden wash of light that sears the spiders, but the people feel strengthened, especially Graval.

[sblock=actions]Start: Goldenhorn takes 5 poison.

Minor: rune of mending + rune of destruction on Spider. Spider can spend a surge; all the good guys get a +2 on damage rolls until EONT.

Standard: divine glow on jumping spider; herd spider; spitter 47; damage. 1d20+4=24 1d20+4=9 1d20+4=14 1d8+4=10. Forgot to factor in the +2 damage for Rune of Mending (Destruction). Jumping spider is crit for 14 radiant, spitter 47 is dead, herd spider is missed. Graval gets +2 power bonus to attack rolls until EONT.

Move: Goldenhorn shifts to M5.

End: save vs ongoing poison 1d20=10 success.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16
HP:13/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory

Conditions: bloodied

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Auch, iffen ye think yer sprayin' me wit' yer web's gonna save ye, yer daft!" The dwarf, despite the web wrapped around his legs, continues to pressure the largest of the spiders, swinging his axe with little regard for his own safety. His blow lands and causes another large wound thanks to Goldenhorn's grand aid.

"Mallaby," he yells, calling on his innate dwarven toughness to keep him going, "ye move ta tha left flank, ye fancy bas'ard."
[sblock=Actions]Standard
  • Target - Jumping Spider (N7)
  • Attack - Brash Strike vs. AC 17; 1d20+11=28
  • Damage - Battleaxe; 1d10+9=11
  • Misc - Jumping Spider (N7) has CA vs. Graval until SONT; Jumping Spider (N7) marked by Graval
Minor - Dwarven Resilience
Minor - Move Mallaby to O5
EOT - ST vs. Immobilized (failed) 1d20=2[/sblock]
[sblock=Graval]Graval Metalrent - Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Init: +2, Passive Percept: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 20, F: 16, R: 14, W: 12, Spd: 5
HP: 20/31, Blood: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 11/12
AP: 1/1, Milestones: 0
Str: 18, Con: 16, Dex: 14, Int: 8, Wis: 14, Cha: 11

Basic Attacks:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +7 vs AC - Battleaxe; 1d10+4
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Throwing Hammer; 1d6+4

Powers:
Combat Challenge, Brash Strike, Footwork Lure
Hack and Hew, Dwarven Resilience
Driving Attack

Misc: If an enemy marked by Graval shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he uses Combat Challenge (+9 vs. AC; 1d10+4) against them. If hit, and the enemy was moving, they stop moving.

Conditions:
Immobilized, CA until SONT to Jumping Spider (N7)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"I an I issa gonna sho' Grava 'ow ta deal wit dem bigga wons, seein 'ow ya 'avin so much troubba!" he fired back, jokingly. The poison was still burning, but he ignored the pain. Getting low in his stance again, and moving up one more, he broke through some webbing next to Goldenhorn.

"Outta da way, Gold'horn!" And rushing past the Minotaur, Jarro gored the big spider with his giant blade.
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Move, Charge Joompin Spider, Hit, 22 DAMAGE!!! Save. (second crit like damage roll in a row. Woohoo!)

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: GoldenHorn Power: Spend Healing Surge
SOT: Ongoing damage: 5. (Burn THP)
Minor: Berserker's Charge Stance
Move: to Q3 to P2 to O2 to N3 (DT) to M4
Standard: Charge Joompin Spider, end at M6

• Target: Joompin Spider
  • Attack: 1d20+11=30
  • Damage: 1d12+8=20+2 damage from Goldenhorn minor power = 22 damage

Save vs ongoing damage: 1d20=17 saved
[/sblock][sblock=Spider Stat block]Jarro 'Spider' Sarak - Male Half-Orc Slayer 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +10

Defenses:

AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 14, Will: 11 -- Speed: 6 (+2 Charging)

Vitality:
HP: 18/27, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Giant

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Fullblade 1d12+8
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+8

Powers:
At-Will:
MBA, Charge MBA, RBA, Berserker's Charge Stance, Poised Assault Stance
Encounter: Furious Assault, Power Strike, Half-Orc Resilience
Daily:

Weapons:
1 Fullblade 1d12
1 Dagger 1d4

[/sblock][sblock=Spider's Journal]
1. Lord Adelin Mallaby recruits me and some other adventurers from the Tavern. He asked for protection, on a trip to Allaria. He is to be wed to Elena of Terconis, daughter of the Count of Terconis. According to tradition, the wedding must take place at the ancient chapel of the Terconis family, and the chapel in Count's Crovale lies in the high hills of old Allaria. The lady and the Count are already there.
2. The adventurers board Starlight's Veil, Mallaby's brig. The ship is built for speed, not cargo or battle.
3. Intended Path: Land at Ristaren (100 miles south of Fromish), and make our way up the old highway to here. A mile or two off the highway is the village of Achirem, which is still thriving in the midst of rough country, so they say. From there we cross Derianis ridge, and then down to Crovale. The last part through the hills may be dangerous.
4. We land at Ristaren, and it is a small, poor town.

NickNames
Grava
God Sword
Mount'in-mon
Gold'orn
Mista Magi
Lor' Malabee
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

OOC: Note: If the big spider is not dead from this attack, let me know, and I will use one of my encounter free actions to increase the damage. Also, out of curiousity, I have two free powers that trigger on hit. Do you think I can use both on the same hit?

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: I'll hold off until we know if the joompin spider is dead or not. If it is not dead yet, and Spider's additional damage does not kill it, I will attack it. If it does die on his turn, then I will go after the Herd Spider at M7.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Honestly, I believe between Graval and Goldenhorn, the spider's taken something like 70+ damage. I'd be surprised if Spider will need to attack him at all. If so, Graval says "Hahaha."

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Last GM Post, it had taken 37 damage, but was not yet bloodied, and you two only did 20 damage so far. I fully intend to kill it this round, if only to spite Graval. :p

Remove ads